Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Predeparture Drinks in First Class?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2018, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by fly18725
No, you had pre-departure cava that retails for about $4. Of course, that gesture makes it a leading first class experience.
The non-stop route was averaging $7k round trip so I was already getting “ripped off”. I’m happy to get $4 back :-P.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Sung Sam

Primarily use Alaska for Hawaii trips. Hope Hawaiian Air’s lie flat config compels Alaska to follow . If Hawaiian had non stop flights for my route, I’d switch in a heartbeat.
HA doesn’t use lie-flats on their narrowbodies. I wouldn’t hold my breath on AS using a subfleet for Hawaii, given that they won’t use one on JFK-SFO/LAX. Hawaii is not exactly high margin/RASM compared to NYC.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Silver, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive
Just got full PDB service on AS521 SNA to SEA today.

Last edited by dayone; Sep 12, 2018 at 7:01 pm Reason: Formatting.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold

My top selection criterias are flights with satellite WiFi & lie flat. They need this on alaska for long haul flights. Happy to give up PDB for either one of those things.

Satellite Wifi is coming so you should be happy about that.

Were you not able to calculate the number of Sky pasos for the 8 flights, 2Y, 2F domestic, 2J international and 2F TPAC? I think that is an expensive Champagne.

My QF F flight on A380 DFW-SYD didn't have wifi. Nor did CX A359 MEL-HKG, nor KE A330 & KE 777-300ER from/to ICN, nor QF B747 HKG-SYD, nor QF B747 SYD-SCL.

James
Old Sep 11, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
My DCA-SEA departure yesterday was delayed after boarding--I'm guessing due a ground hold at SEA, but I had my noise-canceling headphones on when the announcement started--so the F FA gave us our choice of red or white wine. Thought it was a nice gesture.

What seemed really unusual to me was that we had blankets.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Satellite Wifi is coming so you should be happy about that.

Were you not able to calculate the number of Sky pasos for the 8 flights, 2Y, 2F domestic, 2J international and 2F TPAC? I think that is an expensive Champagne.

My QF F flight on A380 DFW-SYD didn't have wifi. Nor did CX A359 MEL-HKG, nor KE A330 & KE 777-300ER from/to ICN, nor QF B747 HKG-SYD, nor QF B747 SYD-SCL.

James
No offense, I don't hang out here enough to grok all the jargons and aconyms you threw down there. Sounds impressive though I'm not particularly loyal to Delta, my loyalty is to my buns comfort level. My buns dictate which airline I fly lol
AS Flyer, eeb100k and pcoll like this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
No offense, I don't hang out here enough to grok all the jargons and aconyms you threw down there. Sounds impressive though I'm not particularly loyal to Delta, my loyalty is to my buns comfort level. My buns dictate which airline I fly lol
Fair enough! By 2020 all of Alaska's fleet will be equipped with Satellite wifi. Great addition for the Hawaiian routes and to/from Alaska, Canada, Mexico & Costa Rica.

I also find it interesting that an airline like Qantas flying an A380 TPAC (Trans Pacific) would not have satellite wifi ability even if they wanted to charge a premium for it on top of their $12.4K one-way fare.

Emirates sputters a little while flying over the North Pole but otherwise keeps you connected quite well.

Keep those buns happy!

James
AS Flyer likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:08 pm

Primarily use Alaska for Hawaii trips. Hope Hawaiian Air’s lie flat config compels Alaska to follow . If Hawaiian had non stop flights for my route, I’d switch in a heartbeat.

Satellite wifi will be nice over the pacific.

I wish Alaska would add lie flats on some routes, but I don't see it ever happening. With respect to Hawaiian, I don't think they're going to have lie flats on the A321's, and I see those taking over the majority of routes from Hawaii to/from the west coast over the years while the A330's focus on longer missions.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
And just as I post a positive I have another gripe. Currently on DTW-SEA and first drink-meal came quick. Second offer of beverage didn’t come for nearly an hour. After that it was really only when the coach support FA came up we got willing refills. 55 minute to ground (according to FlightAware) and digis and glasses were collected with no offer of a refill. Well below expectations in first class. This one will go to Alaska listens.
AS Flyer likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by NWAlaskaFlyer
And just as I post a positive I have another gripe. Currently on DTW-SEA and first drink-meal came quick. Second offer of beverage didn’t come for nearly an hour. After that it was really only when the coach support FA came up we got willing refills. 55 minute to ground (according to FlightAware) and digis and glasses were collected with no offer of a refill. Well below expectations in first class. This one will go to Alaska listens.
If you're in F and you want something and you're being ignored, USE THE CALL BELL. I'm sure the threshold for patience may vary, but I'd give it 20 minutes, max. In the rare instance I ring the bell (just a couple times a year on domestic US carriers), often much of the cabin asks for something when the FA appears.

Sometimes crews get sidetracked, and sometimes you'll just have a huevón as your FA, but that is pretty rare on AS.

USE THE CALL BELL

I don't wait for "coach support for a willing refill" if I'm thirsty now.

USE THE CALL BELL

If I USE THE CALL BELL and am greeted with a smile and the FA gladly responds to my request, it is not a visit to Alaska Listens.

If I USE THE CALL BELL and am greeted with an attitude and perhaps told that the call bell is for emergencies only, Alaska Listens will be listening loud and clear.
AS Flyer and jjmadison like this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
... If I USE THE CALL BELL and am greeted with an attitude and perhaps told that the call bell is for emergencies only, Alaska Listens will be listening loud and clear.
ideally that would be the case ... I suspect you will be expressing your displeasure "loud and clear" but -- as more than a few others have stated in more than a few other threads -- that highlighted point is your expectation, not a truism

"The great enemy of communication, we find, is the illusion of it." (“Is Anybody Listening?” by William Hollingsworth Whyte, Fortune, September 1950; a similar quote is often also attributed to George Bernard Shaw)
Old Sep 13, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
If you're in F and you want something and you're being ignored, USE THE CALL BELL. I'm sure the threshold for patience may vary, but I'd give it 20 minutes, max. In the rare instance I ring the bell (just a couple times a year on domestic US carriers), often much of the cabin asks for something when the FA appears.

Sometimes crews get sidetracked, and sometimes you'll just have a huevón as your FA, but that is pretty rare on AS.

USE THE CALL BELL

I don't wait for "coach support for a willing refill" if I'm thirsty now.

USE THE CALL BELL

If I USE THE CALL BELL and am greeted with a smile and the FA gladly responds to my request, it is not a visit to Alaska Listens.

If I USE THE CALL BELL and am greeted with an attitude and perhaps told that the call bell is for emergencies only, Alaska Listens will be listening loud and clear.
If I am truly feeling underserved I will get up and ask for a drink, usually on the way to the bathroom. I don't think I have ever used the call button. I wouldn't say I felt underserved necessarily yesterday but I was a bit salty and could have used the second drink a little quicker just to slip into a more reasonable mood after a pretty difficult day. No harm for sure, I posted here because it tied in with a recent response. I put it on Alaska Listens in hope that they will do a little training with this crew.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 4:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
AS393 Dec 10, could it be? Is it back? FA went through the cabin and asked who would like some sparkling wine before take off. A Xmas miracle?
Old Dec 10, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer;[url=tel:34823097
34823097[/url]]AS393 Dec 10, could it be? Is it back? FA went through the cabin and asked who would like some sparkling wine before take off. A Xmas miracle?
PDBs have been back for a while now. 🙌🏻🍹
Old Dec 10, 2022, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
AS393 Dec 10, could it be? Is it back? FA went through the cabin and asked who would like some sparkling wine before take off. A Xmas miracle?
Perhaps a religious event even I could get into - an Advent PDB Calendar. Rumday, Vodkaday, Ginday, Bubblesday, Redwineday, Whitewineday, Espressovodkaday, Creamlikkerday, Beerday, and so on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.