Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines elevates First Class menu and experience, with a West Coast twist

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines elevates First Class menu and experience, with a West Coast twist

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by beltphed
This.

I think I've seen the new mini-humus plate.

Flew SEA-BOI AS 590 yesterday (Fri 16 Mar) on a 737 with 3 rows of F.

Snack was a micro plate containing:
  • a tiny portion of hummus. the container was maybe an inch on a side. Hummus was maybe a teaspoon or two.
  • 3 little pita rounds, maybe 2 inches in diameter
  • 2 cucumber sticks, both of which when put together were approximately 2/3 of a full slice
All in all, an underwhelming offering.
Thats not a new offering. Been on the normal rortation on the short flights for a bit, IIRC. I've found it very sufficient. Keep in mind every other domestic airline would serve absolutely nothing on a flight that short.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Is the humus plate in place of the usual snack basket that gets passed around during the last hour or so? I hope not.....I'd much rather have a snack or two from the basket than the humus plate.
The snack basket was not offered. Though I’m not sure a 0700 departing flight, with a 1030 arrival, the snack basket is what I hope for as a late morning nosh. I was happy with the hummus.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
YYC-SEA
18 Mar 1:39PM Departure, Snack

Served the above mentioned humus plate with cucumber. For a 90 minute flight I guess this is OK. Security took a lot longer than I have experienced in YVR... The person segregating lines doesnt let Alaska First customers use the premium line since the paper boarding passes don't highlight our status or first class.

Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
New and different can sometimes be a good thing. Excites to see this roll out.
It can but based on what Alaska has done so far with the integration it’s just marketing fluff wrapped around cost cutting and downgrades.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 8:10 pm

Sea-ktn-jnu 18 mar ASA 69

Old Mar 18, 2018, 9:01 pm

Service on my flt also started in row 3... (737-800)
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Yesterday morning on a SEA-SMF flight there was the usual light snack (fruit plate in this case); but also a smoothie shot. I'd only seen these on VX in the past.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:16 pm

Seattle - Ketchikan
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Seattle - Ketchikan
Were you able to ascertain what brand of crystal AS is using for those dips and sauces?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Service on my flt also started in row 3... (737-800)
I'd probably write in to mention. i don't think the serving order was supposed to change. My FA a few flight ago mentioned he used to go back to front and was told he could not do that anymore.

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Were you able to ascertain what brand of crystal AS is using for those dips and sauces?
LePlastique
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Nice, overall! Hopefully this will encourage AA, DL, and UA to reconsider their current cut cycle. It seems like all they do these days with F/J meals are to cut, cut, and cut.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
A menu reflecting a choice of items (Flank Steak Salad or Protein Plate) on the Seattle to Ketchikan route? (See Post 65 above) Now that is quite an upgrade in the catering status quo! It seems very unlike Alaska to spend the money on the paper for that menu card for such a short flight. Could this have been a catering error?

Originally Posted by CDKing
I'd probably write in to mention. I don't think the serving order was supposed to change. My FA a few flight ago mentioned he used to go back to front and was told he could not do that anymore.
Since when have Alaska FA's paid any attention to such minor service directives? It seems like a significant percentage of them just do it their own way.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Flew SEA-ORD this weekend. There was a choice of mains (beef or vegetarian). My partner and I shared one of each, and we loved them both. We were told that the VX chef had become the AS chef. The quality and presentation were of VX standard (though the AS tray and AS paper tray liner are still used). The FA (who did a truly excellent job) announced that vegetarian options were limited so if anyone was vegetarian, to let him know early in the flight. He took orders front to back but ran out of beef after row 3.

Cocktail nuts now come in china ramekins instead of plastic ramekins -- the FA told us this is the same as the transcon standard (we usually fly AS midcon rather than transcon).

There was a brownie dessert that was also delicious.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Flew SEA-ORD this weekend. There was a choice of mains (beef or vegetarian). My partner and I shared one of each, and we loved them both. We were told that the VX chef had become the AS chef. The quality and presentation were of VX standard (though the AS tray and AS paper tray liner are still used). The FA (who did a truly excellent job) announced that vegetarian options were limited so if anyone was vegetarian, to let him know early in the flight. He took orders front to back but ran out of beef after row 3.

Cocktail nuts now come in china ramekins instead of plastic ramekins -- the FA told us this is the same as the transcon standard (we usually fly AS midcon rather than transcon).

Was there a salad as well? Overall, the three reports so far (short flight, midcon and transcon) definitely make this sound like a true upgrade.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:23 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Did it look like this? Has to be one of the best airline desserts I've ever had.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.