Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines elevates First Class menu and experience, with a West Coast twist

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines elevates First Class menu and experience, with a West Coast twist

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I was recently flying JFK-SFO on VX and had the mushroom fritatta. Overall was pretty good along with the potatoes and other veggies.
Overall though I'm very hesitant about the new menus moving forward.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
SEA - BWI today, FA acknowledged my reservation of Miso Marinated Cod. The meal was tasty and a nice departure from some of the more stale offerings of late. So far so good.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 5:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
...Noo, not more fungus!
UAPremierExec likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by beckoa
...Noo, not more fungus!
I thought those little fungi were delicious.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by NWAlaskaFlyer
SEA - BWI today, FA acknowledged my reservation of Miso Marinated Cod. The meal was tasty and a nice departure from some of the more stale offerings of late. So far so good.
I would like to know what their menu rotation schedule will be - it will be changed after the last lima bean is over cooked in November 2018.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
The April edition of Alaska Beyond indicated meals would be updated quarterly.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:44 am

Has anyone heard any updates about this promise

"Refreshed cabin interiors will debut this fall"

Has there been any reports of upgraded cabins? More leg-room, etc??
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by vinhboy

They’re supposed to handnout blankets in first - though my sea-koa flight on Monday didn’t have any. No blanket, no dessert, no PDB, piss poor service (sadly). Yes we gave constructive feedback already
vinhboy likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Sung Sam

They’re supposed to handnout blankets in first - though my sea-koa flight on Monday didn’t have any. No blanket, no dessert, no PDB, piss poor service (sadly). Yes we gave constructive feedback already
UGH - this really makes me sad. I'm sorry for your poor experience. That sounds horrible all around. The blankets are supposed to be left in the seats by the cleaners but it's hit and miss - mostly hit, but occasional misses. The dessert... that sounds like a catering error. The poor service - that's just bad - no excuse. I'm really sorry you had that experience. I'm glad you let the company know, I hope you were detailed in why it was so awful.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by vinhboy

All 737-800s and -900s have already been upgraded with the additional legroom in first, and the addition of premium class. Starting in late October the -700s and Airbus aircraft start going in for cabin upgrades. You'll see additional legroom in first (and additional rows of first on Airbus aircraft), the addition of two rows of premium on the -700s (I'm not sure how many rows on Airbus), the redesigned seats in first and main cabins, seatback power, and LED lighting replacing the fluorescent lighting.
vinhboy likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by AS737
All 737-800s and -900s have already been upgraded with the additional legroom in first, and the addition of premium class. Starting in late October the -700s and Airbus aircraft start going in for cabin upgrades. You'll see additional legroom in first (and additional rows of first on Airbus aircraft), the addition of two rows of premium on the -700s (I'm not sure how many rows on Airbus), the redesigned seats in first and main cabins, seatback power, and LED lighting replacing the fluorescent lighting.
Thank you for this informative response. Using that info, I found this link

https://onemileatatime.com/alaska-new-first-class-seat/

which told me what I wanted to know.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.