Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines elevates First Class menu and experience, with a West Coast twist

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines elevates First Class menu and experience, with a West Coast twist

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by doc907
I looked on the Alaska Air website under Travel Info and they had some descriptions of particular foods. It doesn't look bad. I will say, though, that the protein plate is misnamed. It is mostly carbohydrates!
For those wondering. Are they completely getting rid of a hot option for breakfast? Or is this in addition?

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...food-and-drink

Start your day strong with a Protein Plate of coconut-mango overnight oats, Greek yogurt, hard-boiled egg, grapes, orange segments, baby carrots, strawberries, and grilled pita bread.

Need something light and refreshing? The Mexican Street Fruit plate of fresh watermelon, pineapple, cucumber, and mango seasoned with chili-lime salt could be just right.
What I'm seeing is fruit, fruit and more fruit.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Curious what will happen on trans-con and Alaska redeyes. They've always received some sort of light plate. I'm assuming that's saying, but it would be nice if they upgraded there.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
Originally Posted by doc907
I looked on the Alaska Air website under Travel Info and they had some descriptions of particular foods. It doesn't look bad. I will say, though, that the protein plate is misnamed. It is mostly carbohydrates!
Totally misnamed, depends on the brand of greek yogurt has much protein it has, and one egg okay...
Old Mar 16, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by beckoa
This does look nice:
A definite improvement, although I'm not digging the 'moving blanket' vibe.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
From the VX perspective a definite downgrade. SFO - SEA would offer some variant of nice fluffy omelets, with organic sausage and a proper croissant.

The VX duvets and pillows on all flights were truly nice. Those will be missed.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by beckoa
This does look nice:

Will they get laundered after every flight? Guessing NO! I'd rather they put more $$ into better food offerings.
lalala likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
MOAR POLENTA

I'll pretend you didn't say that....lol.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Will they get laundered after every flight? Guessing NO! I'd rather they put more $$ into better food offerings.
Of course they will - why would it be any different from any other airline, where the catering service washes the blankets and returns them for the next flight in sealed plastic bags.
missamo80 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
Interesting, I didn't know they washed blankets. I assumed they treated them like hotels treat comforters/duvets - they rarely, if ever, get washed.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold / Marriott Bonvoy(age) Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum, WN A+/CP, Hilton Diamond
I am wondering if old VX F flatware and glasses will be available for purchase. My partner used to be a VX FA and would love to surprise them with some wine glasses.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by CBear
I was excited. Until I read this.

Sounds like pretty words to dress up a downgrade in food offerings.
Depends whether Bay Area-to-Seattle flights qualify. They are right on the threshold. When I used to fly SJC-SEA for years it posted as 696 miles.

The Mexican Street Fruit is sure to please those missing the much maligned Mexican fruit appetizer that used to grace First Class cabins...
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Yes they will be laundered after each use and wrapped
Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Curious what will happen on trans-con and Alaska redeyes. They've always received some sort of light plate. I'm assuming that's saying, but it would be nice if they upgraded there.
ANC redeyes to PDX/SEA currently get warmed nuts. Sounds like this may change...
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Any insight as to what the below is previewing? I assume something like dine on demand on longer flights.

“On board, a refreshed dining concept will launch later this year with a focus on meeting individual guest preferences around rest, relaxation and productivity.”

Also saw mention of “living room with a barista” so I assume the lounges at some point will add a person to the coffee service.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by mbluecpa
Also saw mention of “living room with a barista” so I assume the lounges at some point will add a person to the coffee service.
Living room with a barista?

What they need to do is add a person who can help with flights changes and problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.