Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines elevates First Class menu and experience, with a West Coast twist

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines elevates First Class menu and experience, with a West Coast twist

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:33 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Based on the pictures and the history of comments on FT, some (but not I) may complain about portion size.
worldtraveller73 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, AGR S+
Originally Posted by tusphotog
And I believe SEA-SFO.
SEA-SFO is 679.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:12 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG
I’ll believe these enhancements when I see them...till then, I guess it doesn’t hurt to speculate...

DUT
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by SOCguy
SEA-SFO is 679.
Meh, I was off by 4 miles. Thanks for the clarification.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by SOCguy
SEA-SFO is 679.
OAK-SEA is 672. Just under.

SMF-SEA is definitely out as well.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:50 pm

I was excited. Until I read this.

Dig into all new meals on flights over 675 miles. Guests will pick from fresh, healthy options including salads and protein plates. Taking inspiration from our Signature Fruit & Cheese Platter, on most flights under 675 miles, guests will be offered a fresh snack – like a chipotle or edamame hummus plate with whole wheat pita and veggies.
Sounds like pretty words to dress up a downgrade in food offerings.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CBear

I'm sure there will be "exception markets", once we start complaining
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:37 pm

It's important to recognize the reality of the current environment: AS/VX yields have been under pressure for some time, even before the merger or any changes to the product. If a company is going to invest in its product, it either needs to recover the investment from higher prices, which currently looks unlikely, or shift budget priorities so that the investment is offset with cost reductions elsewhere.

Perspective is also helpful. It's not like AS is saying it will handout a snack basket. It is suggesting a fresh, plated snack will be served on these shorter flights. That's not noncompetitive.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:41 pm

We'll have to disagree because I don't think hummus with chips and the sorry excuse for a protein plate is in any way better than a snack basket.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
We'll have to disagree because I don't think hummus with chips and the sorry excuse for a protein plate is in any way better than a snack basket.
Just improving the terminology would help. Protein plate sounds like grey sludge slopped on a dish.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
They still need to add priority luggage tags for first class. Hopefully they take that from VA too. I've always thought it was strange they give F or elites to no priority status on luggage.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:59 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by whyturnright
They still need to add priority luggage tags for first class. Hopefully they take that from VA too. I've always thought it was strange they give F or elites to no priority status on luggage.
Alaska's position is they have a 20 minute baggage guarantee so there is no need for priority luggage tags.

Neil
Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:12 pm

I looked on the Alaska Air website under Travel Info and they had some descriptions of particular foods. It doesn't look bad. I will say, though, that the protein plate is misnamed. It is mostly carbohydrates!
Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by whyturnright
My bags are often some of the very last when I fly First on AS.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:38 pm

Oh man the vegetarian option means I can go back to looking at AS for paid F! I always select Delta instead when it’s my money because they have the option to request vegetarian options!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.