Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Has anyone been able to preorder for a flight in 2021? I'm traveling on the 2nd but the app has "Food" grayed out and the website shows "preorder unavailable".
Old Dec 26, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, AGR S+
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Has anyone been able to preorder for a flight in 2021? I'm traveling on the 2nd but the app has "Food" grayed out and the website shows "preorder unavailable".
I was just able to preorder for a flight 1/5 on the website.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by SOCguy
Thanks for the datapoint. It's the 7am flight out of BNA and a rep on Twitter suggested that preorder isn't offered since it "isn't a huge market for us". Unfortunately, the Admirals Club is closed on Saturday and Sunday, so I guess I'll pack a snack.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I have fruit and cheese plate or "No Meal" as options on CUN-SAN on Jan. 3.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by SOCguy
Same, website works, app does not.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 1:29 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Glitches abound. Website still does not offer the current menu either on the F&B page, but I can pre-order in Trips, with correct menu.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: Various
This would be suitable for a “stickie/pinned note” on this forum .....

Old Jan 27, 2021, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
If you pre-order (and pay for) a fruit/cheese plate in Y and then get upgraded at the last minute, do we get refunded for the cost of the meal? When does the actual charge go through?
Old Jan 27, 2021, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
If you pre-order (and pay for) a fruit/cheese plate in Y and then get upgraded at the last minute, do we get refunded for the cost of the meal? When does the actual charge go through?
It doesn't go through until you are on the plane, so yes. I always pre-order it and it just becomes complementary when I'm upgraded.
PDXPremier likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 5:05 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by Kacee
I have fruit and cheese plate or "No Meal" as options on CUN-SAN on Jan. 3.
We have the same two choices on our FC CUN-SEA flight last week. Hmm, what to choose, what to choose...

I did notice that the fruit & cheese plate (that was our choice - no brainer), was actually catered out of Mexico, it was not packed on the plane from SEA. Not terribly surprising since the plane overnighted in CUN, but it was the first time I saw a fruit & cheese plate sourced from a non-US caterer.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by bostonbali
We have the same two choices on our FC CUN-SEA flight last week. Hmm, what to choose, what to choose...

I did notice that the fruit & cheese plate (that was our choice - no brainer), was actually catered out of Mexico, it was not packed on the plane from SEA. Not terribly surprising since the plane overnighted in CUN, but it was the first time I saw a fruit & cheese plate sourced from a non-US caterer.
Did it still have Beecher's Flagship in it?
Old Jan 28, 2021, 6:59 pm

Programs: 75K, HH Diamond
Did it still have Beecher's Flagship in it?
It's been the same as always (at least for my flights so far this year).
Old Jan 28, 2021, 7:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
I was able to order my meals both ways via the app for 2/8 LAX-EWR-LAX. Got a choice for the FnC plate or another option on both legs.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 3:16 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Flying SFO-SEA-ORD on Feb. 13. Only able to pre-order for the first leg and not the second.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by aw
Flying SFO-SEA-ORD on Feb. 13. Only able to pre-order for the first leg and not the second.
You're still over 2 weeks out. Worry not. It isn't like they'll need to kill another pig to insure your pork chop is cooked to perfection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.