Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2021, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
AS952 (OGG-SEA redeye) Tue 26 Oct had zero pre-order options starting at ~T-12 days (F seat map was 6/12; went to 9/12 at OLCI) … turkey wrap and F&C plate were offered on board
anteater likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 12:20 pm

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Here is an interesting one for you. Used BofA 2for1 to book tixs for me and my wife. (I'm 75K/she's MVP) We were upgraded in that crazy early window when they may have fixed the upgrade processor. Anyway, when I went in to pick meals on the app, the options were the coach pre-pay ones. (Snack Packs.) When I went to the website, the FC ones were available for selection. Just a weird glitch in the app but at least there is a work-around.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 7:30 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Pre-ordered the hot harvest grain bowl for breakfast this morning on my Skywest E175 flight. Four days in to hot galleys and things are running great!
Old Nov 10, 2021, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
I just made the pre-order selections at Day 15 before departure. Wasn't expecting it to show up until at least day 10 or so. Just happened to look at seat options as I shuffle people around on outbound flight and noted that food options was an option in the app..
pcoll likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 5:52 am

How does Alaska run out of pre order options? Flying to HNL next week snd 1/3 is the options are not available. And given that the cheese plate is one of the options always there it’s really like 50% of the actual preorder meals are gone.

Last edited by olouie; Nov 30, 2021 at 6:58 am
Old Nov 30, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by olouie
How does Alaska run out of pre order options? Flying to HNL next week snd 1/3 is the options are not available. And given that the cheese plate is one of the options always there it’s really like 50% of the actual preorder meals are gone.
There's a whole thread about this: Pre-Ordered Food Can Sell Out?!
Old May 21, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
My preordered meal was not available (row 4 in F) and the only available meal was something I could not eat. Does Alaska do anything for such cases?
Old May 21, 2022, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ckendall
My preordered meal was not available (row 4 in F) and the only available meal was something I could not eat. Does Alaska do anything for such cases?
Other than that one time the captain turned the plane around for me to get my proper meal - I've seen many a crew try and accommodate as best as possible with what may be left onboard. Nice passenger / good crew will try and figure something out. Otherwise, I'd expect that if you drop AS a polite note and explain (if it is the case) that there wasn't anything available onboard that you could eat, you'll get some travel credit in a sum similar to what a decent meal for one would cost.

[Many many years ago, several CEOs ago, I flew on a published meal flight, used upgrade certificates for the trip, and there wasn't a meal for anyone. AS sent me a check so I could go have a nice meal!]
pcoll likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Other than that one time the captain turned the plane around for me to get my proper meal - I've seen many a crew try and accommodate as best as possible with what may be left onboard. Nice passenger / good crew will try and figure something out. Otherwise, I'd expect that if you drop AS a polite note and explain (if it is the case) that there wasn't anything available onboard that you could eat, you'll get some travel credit in a sum similar to what a decent meal for one would cost.

[Many many years ago, several CEOs ago, I flew on a published meal flight, used upgrade certificates for the trip, and there wasn't a meal for anyone. AS sent me a check so I could go have a nice meal!]
Thanks
Old Feb 5, 2023, 12:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
12 days out from LAX-HNL and can't preorder on the app or website. Has anyone else been having similar issues?
emma dog likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 12:55 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by dkc192
12 days out from LAX-HNL and can't preorder on the app or website. Has anyone else been having similar issues?
Same issue here
emma dog likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA, AS, TZ, UA, Clipper, EZ-Link, Hop, Navigo, Octopus, Oyster
Same issue. Paid F, PDX-JFK, 11 days out.
Error message says "First Class Menu Unavailable"
FWIW, the F cabin currently only shows as half-full so it seems unlikely all the meals have been snapped up already.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 2:45 pm

I’m having the same problem for PDX-BUR next week…
Old Feb 5, 2023, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP Gold 100K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Same issue for ORD-SFO next week.

Oddly enough, ORD-SFO for this week still appears available for pre-ordering and I am still able to see the menu without issues.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold = nothing, UA Million Miler; Alaska MVP Gold 100K
Same issue.
11 days out - JFK —-> SAN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.