Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2021, 6:47 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by arjaok
I'm a little confused. I'm flying SFO-OGG in J in a couple weeks. We leave at 11:15am and it says the meal is a "snack". No lunch?
They're all coded like that now, but the choices are all the same systemwide - btwn. 10a-8p, it'll be the fruit & cheese plate or the turkey sandwich, snack basket and for the longer flights (like yours), a cookie.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...food-and-drink
Old Feb 5, 2021, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
They're all coded like that now, but the choices are all the same systemwide - btwn. 10a-8p, it'll be the fruit & cheese plate or the turkey sandwich, snack basket and for the longer flights (like yours), a cookie.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...food-and-drink
Or in my case, cookies, when I sweet talk to the crew and get extras
Old Feb 8, 2021, 2:12 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Did it still have Beecher's Flagship in it?
Nope - didn't notice a Beecher's Flagship in that F&C package!
Old Oct 18, 2021, 11:19 am
Community Director Emerita

We are flying F from LIH-SAN in 10 days. I began checking at the 14 day mark to choose our meal. Nothing was shown. I checked every day til today. I called AS. The agent told me that my inability to choose a meal meant that all meals available for preselection were chosen. From the 13 day 55 minute mark? I doubt it. We had the same issue on a SEA-SAN flight (coach) in June. We were told we would be able to get a food box onboard. But that wasn't the case. The FA told us that many had preordered and boxes were only loaded for those who had.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We are flying F from LIH-SAN in 10 days. I began checking at the 14 day mark to choose our meal. Nothing was shown. I checked every day til today. I called AS. The agent told me that my inability to choose a meal meant that all meals available for preselection were chosen. From the 13 day 55 minute mark? I doubt it. We had the same issue on a SEA-SAN flight (coach) in June. We were told we would be able to get a food box onboard. But that wasn't the case. The FA told us that many had preordered and boxes were only loaded for those who had.
I'd just keep checking. I've had flights open up for ordering at 15 to 16 days, and others open up well under 14 days.

For my upcoming trip in a few days, I ordered at approx. 16 days out. I just checked and the website shows the "bummer" screen, but the app shows my order and the other two options.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: Yes
This is likely related to the ongoing supply chain issues which affects AS ability to accurately procure catering. My understanding is rather than have the previously open pre-ordering they have reduced the available item ratios and want to have the system disallow a pre-order selection rather than potentially have to notify a customer that their pre-order selection is unavailable.

AS is aware it’s disappointing and is doing their best to supplement their standard supply chain.

For example, I was on a HNL flight, third in FC, and the pork breakfast bowl was already unavailable - not greyed out just unavailable.
Klrduks likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anteater
This is likely related to the ongoing supply chain issues which affects AS ability to accurately procure catering. My understanding is rather than have the previously open pre-ordering they have reduced the available item ratios and want to have the system disallow a pre-order selection rather than potentially have to notify a customer that their pre-order selection is unavailable.

AS is aware it’s disappointing and is doing their best to supplement their standard supply chain.

For example, I was on a HNL flight, third in FC, and the pork breakfast bowl was already unavailable - not greyed out just unavailable.
Or maybe the more simple explanation is that the upgrade processor is doing double duty as the food ordering processor
Klrduks likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 11:52 am

We are flying F from LIH-SAN in 10 days. I began checking at the 14 day mark to choose our meal. Nothing was shown. I checked every day til today. I called AS. The agent told me that my inability to choose a meal meant that all meals available for preselection were chosen. From the 13 day 55 minute mark? I doubt it.
My husband called and found an agent far more open to researching the issue. She went into the records of others on the same flight in F and found that not a single person was able to order food. She has now submitted the issue to their IT department.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Or maybe the more simple explanation is that the upgrade processor is doing double duty as the food ordering processor
That's scary....
Old Oct 18, 2021, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
My husband called and found an agent far more open to researching the issue. She went into the records of others on the same flight in F and found that not a single person was able to order food. She has now submitted the issue to their IT department.
If there are significant supply issues, I would say put a pause on pre-ordering and just make sure there is a meal for everyone in F (surprise me!) and a set # of fruit and cheese plates/boxes in Y. It seems like it's more trouble than it's worth to be honest....their intentions were in the right place and they've done a super job rolling out meals during a pandemic, but I assume some of this is out of their control.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
If there are significant supply issues, I would say put a pause on pre-ordering and just make sure there is a meal for everyone in F (surprise me!) and a set # of fruit and cheese plates/boxes in Y. It seems like it's more trouble than it's worth to be honest....their intentions were in the right place and they've done a super job rolling out meals during a pandemic, but I assume some of this is out of their control.
Except that it’s working just fine for some of us most of the time. It may be very route and schedule dependent. I’ll still take the occasional preorder failure over no preorders at all. With preorder I don’t have to worry about that aspect of seat selection and just have to stay out of row 4.
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 10:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Interesting; I'm guessing it is just not available yet. I was shocked when I was able to pre-order a SEA-JFK meal the night before (inside of T-12) a week or so ago. Turned out to be a great meal too!
Old Oct 18, 2021, 11:21 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by beckoa
I was shocked when I was able to pre-order a SEA-JFK meal the night before (inside of T-12) a week or so ago.
On my last two upgrades, I was able to preorder at T-16 and T-14. I know I'm in the minority, but this is more valuable to me than dynamic meal allocations.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 9:46 am

AS IT came thru. Today, one week ahead of the flight, I had the ability to choose our meals.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AS IT came thru. Today, one week ahead of the flight, I had the ability to choose our meals.
I sincerely hope that one day Mr. SD1K has the ability to choose his own meal

I checked my upcoming flight again (one where I had previously ordered, and then when checking again the "bummer" screen came up) once again had the selections screen yesterday.

Last edited by Eastbay1K; Oct 21, 2021 at 10:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.