FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Preordering First Class Meals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1846731-preordering-first-class-meals.html)

AS Flyer May 31, 2017 10:16 pm

Preordering First Class Meals

Originally Posted by PDXPremier (Post 28383288)
Anyone flying in F tomorrow (June 1st)? Supposedly you'll be able to pre-order your meal 12 hours in-advance. Let us know how that goes...

pre-ordering testing for First Class meals begins for flights starting on 6/21 from SEA to DCA/IAD/BWI

beckoa May 31, 2017 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by AS Flyer (Post 28386278)
pre-ordering testing for First Class meals begins for flights starting on 6/21 from SEA to DCA/IAD/BWI

:cool:

This deserves it's own thread IMO ^

PDXPremier Jun 1, 2017 12:27 am

Thanks for letting us know....Alaska just said this starts in "June" so it's nice to have a specific date although I didn't realize this was going to be one of those dreaded "tests" which usually doesn't end with full implementation....case in point would be the "small plates" service, pre departure beverages, and blankets. To be honest, since most of Alaska's first class meal flights only offer one option, this new test will probably go unnoticed. Someday I would like to see them adopt the AA policy of being able to choose your meal up to 30 days in-advance on all first class meal flights. 12 hours just seems like a very narrow window of time especially since you can already check-in at T-24.

PDXPremier Jun 1, 2017 12:30 am

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 28386345)
:cool:

This deserves it's own thread IMO ^

Announcing that you can start pre-ordering first class meals in June and then only applying it to a few flights from Seattle kinda takes the wind out of the sails in my opinion.

PV_Premier Jun 1, 2017 4:15 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier (Post 28386580)
Announcing that you can start pre-ordering first class meals in June and then only applying it to a few flights from Seattle kinda takes the wind out of the sails in my opinion.

Why are you surprised? Overpromise and underdeliver is the new motto

acarney Jun 1, 2017 9:26 am

Originally Posted by PV_Premier (Post 28386958)

Hey hey hey, being able to select what meal you want is FAR FAR FAR more complex then being able to assign a name to a seat in advance. I mean we should be lucky they can physically load little food trays onto the airplane; this is damn near rocket science that's going on! :confused: :rolleyes:

Westcoaster Jun 1, 2017 9:51 am

Originally Posted by PV_Premier (Post 28386958)

They promised the ability to pre-order in coach via the desktop site eons ago and it's still not available.

https://www.alaskaair.com/order-food...::ResponseLink

I assume that pre-ordering in F will mean we can select from the one or two F options that are scheduled to be available on that particular flight. Would be nice if we could instead select one of the coach options for our entrée if the F options don't work for us.

PDXPremier Jun 5, 2017 9:08 am

Originally Posted by PV_Premier (Post 28404896)
true, but at least it works in the App. extending it to work in F for the app couldn't possibly be that difficult, even if for whatever reason they can't be bothered to get either F or Y working on the desktop website.

After finding out from AS Flyer that the F ordering is only being "tested" on a very limited number of DC-area routes from SEA, my guess is that systemwide F ordering is a LONG way from happening.

PDXPremier Jul 7, 2017 1:03 am

Did this actually happen last month? There has been no official word from AS about this and I haven't heard of any trip reports on FT where this feature was offered.

AS Flyer Jul 7, 2017 1:24 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier (Post 28530015)
Did this actually happen last month? There has been no official word from AS about this and I haven't heard of any trip reports on FT where this feature was offered.

To my knowledge, no. I was on an IAD flight and no preorders there that I could see.

UAPremierExec Jul 7, 2017 5:49 am

Im flying MCO-SEA Sunday and no email about preorder.

PV_Premier Jul 7, 2017 8:07 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier (Post 28530015)
Did this actually happen last month?

Originally Posted by AS Flyer (Post 28530052)
To my knowledge, no.

sh:rolleyes:cking

formeraa Jul 7, 2017 10:11 am

It would be nice to have a choice between the normal F entree on shorter flights and a Fruit and Cheese plate. I would have enjoyed it on my recent SEA-PHX flight (wasn't hungry enough for the big hunk of chicken).

lalala Jul 7, 2017 11:04 am

It would be helpful if an email or such would be sent out about this. I usually just tell them to give me whatever is left over, I don't care too much for most of the entrees, so I pick at the sides and eat the salads.

beckoa Jul 7, 2017 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by lalala (Post 28531593)
It would be helpful if an email or such would be sent out about this. I usually just tell them to give me whatever is left over, I don't care too much for most of the entrees, so I pick at the sides and eat the salads.

I'll trade you my salad ;)

Hope AS gets this online... but then again it sounds like AS' IT has been busy with devAAluation :(