Old Feb 26, 18, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure youre using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Old Nov 24, 19, 1:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by navydevildoc View Post
My Transcon SAN-MCO was doing this, but a day or two later it started working normally. I think if you try and reserve right on day 14 it's wonky.

AS IT strikes again.
I've found I have better luck if I wait until after departure time 14 days before the flight. e.g. If my flight leaves at 3pm local time I wait until after 3pm 14 days before. Of course sometimes it's a day or two longer as you mention. Kind of a crapshoot but worth it to me to be able to select in advance.
JDiver likes this.
Old Nov 24, 19, 3:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
I've found I have better luck if I wait until after departure time 14 days before the flight. e.g. If my flight leaves at 3pm local time I wait until after 3pm 14 days before. Of course sometimes it's a day or two longer as you mention. Kind of a crapshoot but worth it to me to be able to select in advance.
Thanks. I was able to select our meals through the app for SMF-KOA next week, and came here to see when I could order meals for the return. I think I’ll wait until ~5-10 days prior to our return flights.
Old Nov 25, 19, 12:34 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

All times are approximate when it comes to preordering meals on the app.

As noted, inside of 14 days seems to be a sweet spot.
Old Jan 7, 20, 7:55 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

"Starting in mid-January, reserve food in all classes of service up to 3 weeks in advance of your flight!"

Last edited by dayone; Jan 7, 20 at 8:13 am Reason: Punctuation.
Old Jan 7, 20, 2:15 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Wonder how the meals will be loaded now if x% of the cabin pre-orders
Old Jan 8, 20, 11:13 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by safari ari View Post
Wonder how the meals will be loaded now if x% of the cabin pre-orders
I would imagine they would still cater the same split they did before, just now only for the number of non-reserved meal seats.

Say it's a 12 seat F cabin, they would load up 7 of option 1, 5 of option 2 (I am making the ratio up).

Then in that same 12 seat F cabin, 6 people reserve, so only 6 seats left, it would be a 3/3 or 4/2 split.
Old Jan 8, 20, 12:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold

First time with pre-order on LAX/SEA flight. FA did have our request on his manifest. We pre-ordered sandwich.
When taking orders , only protein plate or sandwich were offered. Galley was catered 10/6 warm vs cold. Noticed that 2 FA were able to enjoy excess sandwich for their lunch.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 8, 20, 2:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
There appears to be a number of threads now involving "Pre-Order" is there a way to combine them as I think there is some crossover. I think it is great to have the option of choosing for west coast flights now. That being said, if the entire first class section pre-ordered say the Sandwich, why would they cater anything else for First than the sandwich? Since its conception, I have always pre-ordered on my trans cons and have always received what I ordered. I had wondered how that affects the catering; if there are 12 seats and I order one thing out of two, does the remaining selection involve 6 of one and 5 of the other? There must be some ratio they keep to.
Old Jan 10, 20, 4:21 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by dayone View Post
"Starting in mid-January, reserve food in all classes of service up to 3 weeks in advance of your flight!"
fyi, looked online at a res that is currently T-20 days and was able to pre-order!
Old Jan 12, 20, 8:37 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Any suggestions?

Our flight SEA-LIH is 25 days out but the menu and opportunity to select is available. Nothing looks too good to me...the two mains sound complicated and I can't go six hours on a plane with just a cheese platter. ....any thoughts on the 2 mains?

Butternut Squash Ravioli

Complimentary

Raviolis filled with roasted butternut squash. Served with grilled zucchini and red peppers. Topped with a creamy coconut Kabocha squash curry sauce.

Select

Fruit & Cheese Plate

Complimentary

Its an all-star cast for our Fruit & Cheese plate. Beechers Flagship cheese, Tillamook sharp cheddar and brie, Partners crackers, and finished with a Seattle Chocolate truffle.

Select

Roasted Pomegranate Glazed Chicken

Complimentary

Boneless Chicken Breast glazed with pomegranate reduction, accompanied by Brussels Sprouts roasted with bacon and citrus zest, fluffy couscous with mint and raisins. Served with a smoky tomato and harissa jus.

Old Jan 12, 20, 10:12 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
@david55: 1 of each and share, that's what I'm doing later this month with those same choices. The pomegranate is the new version of the clementine that they've been serving to good reviews and the ravioli has also received the same.
Old Jan 12, 20, 10:59 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I think they both sound delicious. But if you don't, I guess your alternative would be to bring food from home or buy in the airport and just get the cheese plate as a supplement.
Old Jan 12, 20, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by david55 View Post
Our flight SEA-LIH is 25 days out but the menu and opportunity to select is available. Nothing looks too good to me...the two mains sound complicated and I can't go six hours on a plane with just a cheese platter. ....any thoughts on the 2 mains?

I guess I've lived in California too long. Complicated? It just sounds like food Besides, I've found the AS descriptions to be a bit overblown.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 11:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
I guess I've lived in California too long. Complicated? It just sounds like food Besides, I've found the AS descriptions to be a bit overblown.
To be honest....the Brussels sprouts are also problematic...my mother use to serve them to us. It was a passive aggressive move as she knew my brothers and I hated them.
NoLaGent likes this.

Last edited by david55; Jan 12, 20 at 12:06 pm
Old Jan 12, 20, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.5MM; AS MVPG 75K
lunch preorder (chicken pesto sandwich for Mrs767, roasted kabocha squash salad for me) is available for SEA-LAX two weeks out

Search this Thread