Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have an airbus flight tomorrow, upgraded to F, and it's giving me the option to pre-order a meal.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
How many days till the departure of SFO-HNL? If it's less than 14 and more than 1, then you're experiencing a (sadly common) bug
Flight's in 4 days. It's a Boeing. We were upgraded. It must be the bug. Thanks for the insight. I'll try again next time.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I have an airbus flight tomorrow, upgraded to F, and it's giving me the option to pre-order a meal.
Same. On BOS-SFO, reserved my breakfast choice.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Reporting in that once again on RDU-SFO the preorders didn't get passed on to catering. FA was wonderful + apologetic, though fortunately the preferences worked out right for everyone!
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:35 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold / Hilton Honors Gold
Bugs in the system still?

I have a flight from SEA to JFK this next week and preorder is available on the outbound and not on the return. Seems odd. I’ve checked back a few times this week but nothing changes.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DerekN81
I have a flight from SEA to JFK this next week and preorder is available on the outbound and not on the return. Seems odd. I’ve checked back a few times this week but nothing changes.
What's the flight #/time? Seems unlikely for JFK-SEA, but depending on the time of departure they sometimes have an abbreviated service (e.g. just a pita plate on EB transcon redeyes often)
Old Dec 2, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold / Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by icelandman2
What's the flight #/time? Seems unlikely for JFK-SEA, but depending on the time of departure they sometimes have an abbreviated service (e.g. just a pita plate on EB transcon redeyes often)
It’s AS 359 and it is a 6:40pm departure (JFK to SEA) and it is shown as a dinner flight in the details and won’t give me the chance to preorder. That’s why I thought it was odd and maybe a bug. The flight on the way there (AS426) is a breakfast flight and the option popped up right at 2 weeks like it should. This one, not so much. Any suggestions?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Cool to hear that F meal pre-order is now on at least some Airbus routes.

What about E175s? It wasn't available on my last Skywest flights a few weeks ago.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by rustykettel

Same. On BOS-SFO, reserved my breakfast choice.
AS1351, FA confirmed preorders before pushback from the gate. Good thing it’s working, crepes either ran out in Row 1 or with the preorders.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Still not being offered on E175 flights
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
I tried searching and did not see this in the sticky part of the WIKI, I am a free agent but typically go on American F. Headed back to SAN again and am once again considering taking the trek to MCO instead of TPA for the afternoon non stop service on AK. I have considered it in the past but ended up going with AA. This is an early dinner flight and I always enjoy on American being able to pre-order/see the menu. Does Alaska offer this in the application or does it only appear after you pay for your ticket?

On AA you can make a dummy booking to see the menu.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s
I tried searching and did not see this in the sticky part of the WIKI, I am a free agent but typically go on American F. Headed back to SAN again and am once again considering taking the trek to MCO instead of TPA for the afternoon non stop service on AK. I have considered it in the past but ended up going with AA. This is an early dinner flight and I always enjoy on American being able to pre-order/see the menu. Does Alaska offer this in the application or does it only appear after you pay for your ticket?

On AA you can make a dummy booking to see the menu.

Thanks in advance!
Gotta pay first.

And only available 14 days out in the app...

Or check FT
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by beckoa
Gotta pay first.

Or check FT
Thanks for the reply, I figured that was the case....I know AA used to even put out the internal menus with pictures which was especially nice.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:49 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by beckoa
In my recent experience, it's been approximately 14 days (like 13 or 12). YMMV.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Pre-Order dinner available on HNL-OAK. First time I've seen this on an OAK flight. Cheese Ravioli, Fruit Plate, or Beef Filet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.