Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2018, 6:34 pm

I have a flight in 2 weeks LAX-OGG, and I'm being offered the black bean ravioli, or a miso cod. Ordered one of each for my wife and I, we'll see which one works better.
altadoc likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Globalist
Pre-order is up for SEA-HNL flight, same as noted by quemalo, Black Bean Ravioli, Miso Cod and F&C.
Old May 16, 2018, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Globalist
Blog post was updated on 15 May. More flights have been added, with the specific mention that Airbus (ie ex-VX) aircraft are not included.

"Originally rolled out in October 2017, First Class Pre-Select is now available on more than 200 flights daily, including most flights over four hours, all coast-to-coast flights and flights between the West Coast and Hawaii. Check the Alaska app to see if it’s available on your flight. (First Class Pre-Select is currently only available on flights operated by Boeing aircraft and is not available on flights without a scheduled meal service.)"
Old May 22, 2018, 10:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
I pre-ordered lunch for HNL-SAN a couple of days ago.
All I see for me is F&C HNL-SAN (AS895) but maybe that's because we were upgraded via GGU? Or maybe we should expect F&C on a plate?
Old May 23, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by Metanoia
All I see for me is F&C HNL-SAN (AS895) but maybe that's because we were upgraded via GGU? Or maybe we should expect F&C on a plate?
The GGU shouldn't be a factor. But 895 goes SAN-HNL, right? Should be a breakfast flight. Maybe catering at SAN is limited for some reason. Or a schedule change? In any case when my husband got F&C in F it was indeed served on a plate.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
The GGU shouldn't be a factor. But 895 goes SAN-HNL, right? Should be a breakfast flight. Maybe catering at SAN is limited for some reason. Or a schedule change? In any case when my husband got F&C in F it was indeed served on a plate.
Oops, I meant 892 I get them mixed up but I'm learning them almost as well as I know my EK flights. With the addition of VX to the mix there's been a lot to memorize lately...
Old May 27, 2018, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Metanoia
I'm seeing only F&C on my OGG-LAX return as well. Full choice of meals going there, but I'm guessing that return catering from Hawaii isn't working right now.
Old May 30, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
PDX/EWR next week - Avocado Bacon Omelet or Brown Butter Pancakes. They both sound wonderful so got one of each, will switch plates halfway.
Old May 30, 2018, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by quemalo
I'm seeing only F&C on my OGG-LAX return as well. Full choice of meals going there, but I'm guessing that return catering from Hawaii isn't working right now.
My recent HNL/OAK never had pre-ordering available.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:33 pm
zac

I successfully pre-ordered on OAK-OGG and back (returned last night).
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Not seeing a preorder for 750 SEA-ATL in a week.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
I did a preorder for SEA-BOS June 1st. My request was already written down an FA confirmed it with me. Excellent service and a great flight. Also did a preorder for BOS-SEA on June 3rd morning flight.

James
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
PDX/EWR next week - Avocado Bacon Omelet or Brown Butter Pancakes. They both sound wonderful so got one of each, will switch plates halfway.
Flew this morning. FA knew we had pre-ordered, thanked us for doing so, then reversed the orders (which was fine since we were sharing anyway) (and yes we double-checked to see who ordered what).

And they both were very good.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:11 pm

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
I have flown SEA to HNL 4 times this year (the latest one was this week), and was in FC 5 out of 8. I was never offered pre-ordered meals. But 2 of the 5 FC trips were redeye, so it didn't count.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Are pre-orders available between Alaska and the mainland?

Last edited by zrs70; Jun 19, 2018 at 5:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.