Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tom911
That was probably the spiced oatmeal, eggs and sausage breakfast that I enjoyed , The onion leek gruyere omelet was on the same menu.

Exactly right.

You got bread. That was never offered on our flight. All I had was the smallish omelet, a small piece of ham, and that same fruit thing in your picture. Fortunately I'd grabbed a small bite in the Escape lounge before departure.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:48 am

Is PIT to SEA included in the pre order?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: AS 1MM/MVPG, AS Lounge, DL SkyClub (Life), Hertz 5* -- AA, DL, UA
AS32 SEA-PHL 7:30am Oct 19, 2018 - pre-order not available.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:56 am

Very helpful to see photos & read your comments on the Oatmeal (and more) vs. Omelet. These are on menu for flight tomorrow, but can't access pre-order.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by akdancer
AS32 SEA-PHL 7:30am Oct 19, 2018 - pre-order not available.
That's odd. I got pre-order on this flight for Oct 11 and it worked fine on my android phone. How long before the flight did you try to order?

ETA: I ask because I believe you have to order at least 24 hours in advance.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
That's odd. I got pre-order on this flight for Oct 11 and it worked fine on my android phone. How long before the flight did you try to order?

ETA: I ask because I believe you have to order at least 24 hours in advance.
Tried to order T-20 hrs. Nothing on app said it was untimely, and on board F/A said window was 2 wks - 12 hrs. But I'm sure you are correct - this per blog.alaskaair (wording I missed that morning):

"... allowing first class guests on select flights to reserve their meal choices between 24 hours and two weeks in advance of departure time,"

In any case, ordered T-2 days for return on Oct. 22 and was successful.

Thanks.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
I believe the window to pre-order in coach extends to T-12 hours, which caused her confusion...
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
I believe the window to pre-order in coach extends to T-12 hours, which caused her confusion...
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize coach and F were different.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Upcoming SFO/HNL has no selection available. Return HNL/OAK does.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
I'm trying to re-order for AS16 SEA-MCO in F on the 22nd but nothing available on my Android app. It's breakfast but that shouldn't matter, I think. It's two weeks out ... why is this so darned unreliable? Just keep trying every day?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Spoke with an FA regarding the the Fruit & Cheese preorder option. Despite being identical in content to the Main Cabin F&C, these are catered preplated and don’t come from back. Doesn’t work so well for stuffing in the seatback pocket for later. Catering also reduced the other two options by one, so canceling a preorder F&C may not always be possible.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Globalist
Pleasantly surprised that upcoming Airbus route SFO-MCO, has pre-order options for F showing in the app.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
View Food Menu missing in the Alaska App

I've heard several times that food can be preordered but I've never tried it until today. In the Alaska app, on my phone, I have 2 flights: F SFO->HNL and H HNL->PDX. On the F flight, there's no "View Food Menu" button, while on the H flight there is. What gives?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
How many days till the departure of SFO-HNL? If it's less than 14 and more than 1, then you're experiencing a (sadly common) bug
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
It could be you're on an Airbus flight (pre-order meals for First are limited to Boeing flights for now), or you're encountering a common bug. I see this frequently on flights where I've applied a GGU or been upgraded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.