Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2018 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call ...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I decided to not go after MVPG or 75K status. Might be moving to an area that isn't a hub airport for any airline. It's 2 hrs away from an AA hub airport but with the loss of benefits on AA in 2018, there's no reason to chase this status. Instead, I'm jumping over to DL as they have several n/s flights to their focus cities and offer a good in-flight experience.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Silver
MVP - on the way to Gold

Hit MVP in June from ATL - SEA. On an MR this weekend to get a little closer to Gold - too much award travel this year!
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
crossed the MVP threshold this past week. ~16k on AS, ~25k on partners. planned travel the rest of the year has me getting close to 40k on AS for MVPG. might have to throw in a BOS-SEA run (or a longer BOS-SEA-ANC run if something changes).
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:14 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
SO grateful for the AS Status Calculator!!

Thought I was going to be pretty close for MVPG, but it's sure not easy to use AS' website to track and project EQMs.

Looks like mid-November's flight will put me 59 miles over 50K.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Just requalified for MVP coming back from PDX to HNL. Looks like I'll come up a bit short for Gold this year, though. I'll have to decide whether it's worth a MR.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by finlandia
Just requalified for MVP coming back from PDX to HNL. Looks like I'll come up a bit short for Gold this year, though. I'll have to decide whether it's worth a MR.
Come on up for NYE in ANC
Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by finlandia
MVP -> Gold is absolutely worth a mileage run. I save about $750 a year in waived change fees, and the increased priority for upgrades (and companion upgrades) is also really nice.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by quemalo
MVP -> Gold is absolutely worth a mileage run. I save about $750 a year in waived change fees, and the increased priority for upgrades (and companion upgrades) is also really nice.
seconded, enthusiastically

just crossed the MVP threshold last night; I've already booked three TCONs and three SEA<-->LAX trips, so will have Gold before Thanksgiving
Old Sep 9, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
Originally Posted by jrl767
seconded, enthusiastically

just crossed the MVP threshold last night; I've already booked three TCONs and three SEA<-->LAX trips, so will have Gold before Thanksgiving

Add a 3rd to that.......just finished my first run of the year from LAX:LIM:BOG:LET:BOG:LIM:LAX to get to Gold.

My run in November on Hainan will get me to MVP.
LAX:CSX:PEK:SZX:AKL:SZX:PEK:CSX:LAX
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Requal'd for MVPG this morning on VX IAD-SFO just before the beverage cart finally made it's appearance. Glad to have it done for this year.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
MVPG as of last Thursday. Leisure trip to MCO for a bicycle festival in nearby Mt. Dora, local baggage handler unloaded my wife's bicycle, but mine mysteriously disappeared. Frantic search for the better part of an hour - was never scanned in SAN - it was eventually found on an MCO baggage cart, never unloaded on the belt (!?!).

Not the kind of reception I was expecting...
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Requalified for 75K back in early September. I think this is year six for me. Not sure if that’s a good thing or not.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
2018 qualifying MVP flight posted today (an earlier VX flight is still out there). Shutting down all planned AS travel for 2017 because even if I add all the projected travel left for the year in, it won't even be CLOSE to renewing MVPG for 2017 (that's just how the ball bounces if I don't do a transcon or four, or burn miles); going to use some existing funds/points I had in WN for some SEA-LAS travel in December instead.

I've already taped out about 8k EQM in AS travel for 2018 by early March, with more to follow, so MVP for 2019 will be pretty easy to hit, MVPG is ???? (my natural travel is somewhere between 20k and 45k in a year). If by some chance I end up with the Gold challenge in early 2018 that will also be easy to hit.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:56 pm

Requalified for MVP back in June, now counting the rest of already booked flights for trips I've planned I'll be short of MVPG by 12,000 miles. Debating whether or not to MR for it, there's a $900 AA flight to PTY in I/D class for thanksgiving.
I'm also will be qualifying for BAEC Silver by end of year, anyone has ever matched from BAEC/OW Sapphire to MVPG? If that works, I might spend thanksgiving skiing instead of flying, otherwise, since I've never been to Panama, I might just do the trip to check it out and get to gold. Is that crazy, or is MVPG worth the push? I'm a PDX-based flyer and mainly fly AS to connect to west coast hubs for long haul int'l flights with occasional domestic transcons.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
Requalified for MVPG last night on the way from ORD to SEA. Flight was delayed 2+ hours due to thunderstorms rolling through Chicago, but I was happy to get out of there without a longer delay given what the forecast looked like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.