Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning on DL for W Class (C+)..?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:11 pm

Original Poster

Originally Posted by miuk
Sorry if you've mentioned this before in the thread, but i'm confused.

Did the miles post from your Comfort+ flight?
Not yet.

But there is good news from Alaska Mileage Plan on this. Via our community, a friend put me in touch with somebody that was able to forward the info to the right people at Alaska MP. I asked if I could post this to the community.

David, we are very close to having a solution for electronic posting. In the meantime, if there are any W Class of service flights on DL in which you did not receive credit, can you send those itineraries to [email protected] We will credit the original class of service for these flights. Thank you for sharing this issue with us. DL and AS both agree that you should receive credit for these.

-David
Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Not yet.

But there is good news from Alaska Mileage Plan on this. Via our community, a friend put me in touch with somebody that was able to forward the info to the right people at Alaska MP. I asked if I could post this to the community.

-David
Thanks David. Keep us posted.

If only there was a bonus for comfort+, some of Delta's pricing for it is quite attractive.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:51 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
If only there was a bonus for comfort+, some of Delta's pricing for it is quite attractive.
I wouldn't expect it since, even though it's being sold as a separate product now, the fare is based on an underlying economy fair and an upgrade fee and, as such, it looks like mileage is going to be calculated based on that underlying economy fair basis.

Also, I think the current W pricing is a promo for the launch of discrete sales of the product and I doubt it will last all that long... otherwise I can't see a reason I'd ever not book W (I'm seeing ~$20 - $50 difference RT, usually on the lower end) for everything I've looked at in the last month).

Last edited by IsleOfMan; Jun 24, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Old Jun 24, 2016, 10:35 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Not yet.

-David
Thanks for sharing. This is good news indeed. I look forward to an automated posting of these!
Old Jun 25, 2016, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I figured auto posting would be an issue with a major change like this.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Deleted by member

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Jun 26, 2016 at 4:14 pm
Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:26 pm

Original Poster

My DL transcon in W (underlying fare was L) posted at 50% as expected.
Manual posting from the earlier flight.

-David
Old Jun 27, 2016, 4:36 pm

Thanks for the update.

So looks like no bonus for Comfort+, just the normal underlying fare.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Thanks for the update.

That's what i expected. I hate being right.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 5:12 pm

Well, that settles that - I hadn't checked in on this thread recently. Very sad, considering Virgin Atlantic is crediting 100% base miles plus a 50% class bonus - so 250% of miles flown for Gold members. Crediting to Alaska (75+) yields only 112.5% of miles - le sigh.

This fact made me go back and look at other earnings, and I'm going to have to make some choices on future travel. On F&P fares, AS yields 325% where VS yields 350%. AS still takes it on A fares, yielding 275% vs the 250% that VS offers. G fares work out to 225% with AS, vs 250% with VS. I really need to come up with a way to redeem VS miles as beneficially as AS!

Last edited by synergistic; Jul 5, 2016 at 5:13 pm Reason: letters and such
Old Jul 5, 2016, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by synergistic
Well, that settles that - I hadn't checked in on this thread recently. Very sad, considering Virgin Atlantic is crediting 100% base miles plus a 50% class bonus - so 250% of miles flown for Gold members. Crediting to Alaska (75+) yields only 112.5% of miles - le sigh.
Depending on the underlying class, DL C+ fares can credit up to 100% + 25% class bonus (for full Y) on AS. Although, the 50% number will probably be typical (for L,U,T,X,V underlying fares). I'd be surprised if VS keeps the earning rate given how cheap C+ fares can be down in the X/V fare class spectrum. They are quite a bit different from the true Premium Economy W fares sold by VS.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
Depending on the underlying class, DL C+ fares can credit up to 100% + 25% class bonus (for full Y) on AS. Although, the 50% number will probably be typical (for L,U,T,X,V underlying fares). I'd be surprised if VS keeps the earning rate given how cheap C+ fares can be down in the X/V fare class spectrum. They are quite a bit different from the true Premium Economy W fares sold by VS.
Unfortunately, on my routes, the 50% appears to be the best I can hope for via AS. As for VS, I tend to agree that their current earnings rates are unsustainable - but it's definitely a new/intentional development. Where the table never used to indicate 'W' fares at all, it now actually says "Delta Comfort +" fares. Archive.org makes me think that change was made on 2 July, but I suppose it could have been anytime since 26 March. I'm pretty sure I checked it after 16 May and there wasn't yet a notation for Comfort + fares.

Last edited by synergistic; Jul 6, 2016 at 11:58 am Reason: inaccuracy
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Thanks for the update.

Is that any different than the old system, where you were credited with the underlying fare and nothing for the co-payment?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Is that any different than the old system, where you were credited with the underlying fare and nothing for the co-payment?
No, but Delta is now selling Comfort+ as its own fare class/cabin not solely as an upgrade.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 9:42 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
How Long to Post DL miles?

I booked and flew four segments in C+ on DL in mid June.

YVR-MSP-IND (IND to PIT by car)
PIT-MSP-YVR

Miles not posted to MP account yet. Is it normal to wait a month for DL miles to post?

I've done two other trips on AA since and they posted pretty much immediately.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.