Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning on DL for W Class (C+)..?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2016, 4:52 pm

Original Poster

Originally Posted by ryandc99
Has anyone had the opportunity to book a W fare yet? I realize we are still looking at may 16th, but wanted to keep this thread alive till then.
haha .. you know I did SFO-JFK one-way.

Fare code is TAVSA0CK

-David
Old May 17, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EP, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Mileage accrual for new Delta "W" Class

Hi - does anybody know what Alaska mileage accrual will be for the new booking class Delta has introduced for Economy Comfort (W class)? It's not listed on the Alaska website.
Old May 17, 2016, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
According to the sticky on DL forum It appears the fare basis will still be a qualifying fare with ticket designator of /WCOM So could be a T21XXX /WCOM and I'm thinking what AS will see is the underlying coach fare. This would be much easier if they added Expertflyer support again but that DL for you they like to be secretive.

I just went through the process of doing a dummy reservation where I selected Comfort+. I clicked on the fare rules link and it came up as KAUOA0CE so although its in Economy Comfort it is a fare basis recognized by AS
Old May 17, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EP, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CDKing
I just went through the process of doing a dummy reservation where I selected Comfort+. I clicked on the fare rules link and it came up as KAUOA0CE so although its in Economy Comfort it is a fare basis recognized by AS
Thank you. So in your example where the fare basis is KAUOA0CE which letter signifies the fare class that would map to the Alaska earnings chart? I'm looking at a good fare but don't want to book it if it won't accrue at least 100% mileage.
Old May 17, 2016, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The K is booking class

I just did another one BOS-JFK and got VRVNA0CJ and that would be booking class V
Old May 18, 2016, 11:32 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Earning on DL for W Class (C+)..?

The Alaskaair.com page listing DL earning rates for the different fare classes has nothing for the new DL W Class (Comfort+) fares that went into effect last week.

I would assume they would earn at least the same as Y, but then perhaps not?

Any one have any W fares that have posted to MP yet?
Old May 19, 2016, 12:53 am

Programs: AC 75K
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...a-w-class.html

This thread may have some answers. Not sure if anyone has actually flown in C+ yet that can comment on the earnings they received.
Old May 19, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by WesternCDN
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...a-w-class.html

This thread may have some answers. Not sure if anyone has actually flown in C+ yet that can comment on the earnings they received.
Thanks for the link, I didn't see that thread when searching, appreciate it. Sounds like earning will be based on the hidden fare class embedded in the ticket construction rather than the actual W class these fares book into.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:58 am

No AS credit for DL Economy Comfort+ (W class)

First time post after many years of lurking. Please forgive me if this thread already exists. (It's difficult to search for a single-letter fare class.)

About six months ago (circa December 2015), Delta broke its premium economy offering out into a separate fare class (class W) for flights on or after May 15, 2016.

As you all know, MileagePlan credits a variable amount of mileage per Delta fare class, outlined here.

The W class doesn't appear on this chart, and when I spoke to MP customer care, they said that Delta has declined to offer credit for the class. It seems pretty ridiculous that a premium fare would receive zero credit when hyper-discounted economy still receives 25–50% of miles flown.

I know the DL / AS 'partnership' has always been strained, but this is pretty disappointing... especially because a complimentary upgrade to Economy Comfort+ actually caused my fare class to change, and my flight to become non-creditable.
Old May 24, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
See

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...w-class-c.html

Have you flown a C+ segment and not have it credit or just asking customer service in advance?
Old May 24, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A comp upgrade should not change your underlying purchased fare class (for which you get credit). DL tracks your original purchased class and you only get credit for that (for example, if you get upgraded to F, you don't get credit as though it was an F ticket). Although, I suppose if an agent manually upgraded you, it could change your fare class (since consensus seems to be that AS elites are eligible to get upgrades to C+). FYI, there are a range of W fares for domestic Comfort+ corresponding to the range of coach fare classes. I wouldn't exactly call W fares with LUTXV fare codes "premium" fares. In most instances , a main cabin YBM fare will cost considerably more.
Old May 24, 2016, 9:07 pm

Original Poster

The K is booking class

I just did another one BOS-JFK and got VRVNA0CJ and that would be booking class V
Did you fly it yet and did it post to Alaska as a V fare?
Or by another one did you mean another dummy booking?

I booked a transcon comfort+ W fare, flew it on Saturday. TAVSA0CK

Nothing posted yet, but it's too early to say either way yet.

I don't think we'll have a definitive answer until it either posts or doesn't post for somebody. I certainly like your interpretation, so I hope it's correct.

-David
Old May 25, 2016, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
you may need to search your receipt for the original fare basis, which starts with the relevant inventory letter (the mid/lower ones being Q/K/L/U/T/X/V) and will end with something like "/WNUP" ... provide AS with that info as evidence that the purchased fare was indeed in a qualifying inventory
Old May 25, 2016, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Did you fly it yet and did it post to Alaska as a V fare?
Or by another one did you mean another dummy booking?

I booked a transcon comfort+ W fare, flew it on Saturday. TAVSA0CK

Nothing posted yet, but it's too early to say either way yet.

I don't think we'll have a definitive answer until it either posts or doesn't post for somebody. I certainly like your interpretation, so I hope it's correct.

-David
Sorry meant another dummy booking. Please report back its assumed it will post as a T fare, if not automatically (assuming possibility of programming errors) it should post as a T fare with a manual request. Its an interesting way of selling the fares, really its just a bundled airfare plus seat selection fee built into the base fare. I assume this will probably lead to more "packaged" fares.
Old May 26, 2016, 1:06 am

Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrl767
you may need to search your receipt for the original fare basis, which starts with the relevant inventory letter (the mid/lower ones being Q/K/L/U/T/X/V) and will end with something like "/WNUP" ... provide AS with that info as evidence that the purchased fare was indeed in a qualifying inventory
/WCOM was the old designator, apparently they aren't doing that anymore. (and that's about the sum of my entire knowledge of Delta fare codes.)

https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...structure.html

Somebody dissected my fare code in the delta forum when I asked about it. It really is TAVSA0CK

See post #12 and the following posts here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...107-fares.html

Sorry meant another dummy booking. Please report back its assumed it will post as a T fare, if not automatically (assuming possibility of programming errors) it should post as a T fare with a manual request.
Believe me, I'm checking every day I hope you are correct.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; May 26, 2016 at 1:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.