Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning on DL for W Class (C+)..?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 6:49 pm

Original Poster

it's been well over a week now, so I'm pretty sure this is a dead horse at this point. Looks like nothing at all from this segment posted to my Alaska account.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; May 31, 2016 at 8:58 pm
Old Jun 1, 2016, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
it's been well over a week now, so I'm pretty sure this is a dead horse at this point. Looks like nothing at all from this segment posted to my Alaska account.

-David
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...st-credit.aspx says 14 days...
Old Jun 3, 2016, 1:32 pm

Have you flown this itinerary, and can you confirm how the miles were posted to your Alaska account?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:43 pm

Original Poster

It may be premature to call it dead at this point. Alaska is interested in looking at it.

-David
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:43 pm

Original Poster

Originally Posted by deswain
Have you flown this itinerary, and can you confirm how the miles were posted to your Alaska account?
Yes, I have, and it's being discussed in another thread, so let's keep the discussion there.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...w-class-c.html

Welcome to FT.

-David
Old Jun 8, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
I was poking around looking at a good JFK-NRT-SIN-NRT-JFK Comfort+ fare ($993) for late September. The trip summary page shows Delta Comfort+™ (W), but when I click on the fare rules link it shows Fare Code - VLG0ZPCS. Since V only earns 50% I have to say "no thanks," although it is a very good price for Comfort+ on such a long trip.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 3:48 pm

Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kurt
I was poking around looking at a good JFK-NRT-SIN-NRT-JFK Comfort+ fare ($993) for late September. The trip summary page shows Delta Comfort+™ (W), but when I click on the fare rules link it shows Fare Code - VLG0ZPCS. Since V only earns 50% I have to say "no thanks," although it is a very good price for Comfort+ on such a long trip.
the fare basis code is C (Comfort+) on that fare. You can decode it here:

https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...structure.html

And we don't know yet if/how they will credit to AS MP yet. Mine did not credit at all yet, but they are looking at it.

but the real question is what was the difference between the lowest fare and the C+ fare when you looked?

In my case, I believe it was $29, plus I ended up with an empty middle next to me on a transcon.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Jun 8, 2016 at 4:17 pm
Old Jun 8, 2016, 5:52 pm

And we don't know yet if/how they will credit to AS MP yet. Mine did not credit at all yet, but they are looking at it.

but the real question is what was the difference between the lowest fare and the C+ fare when you looked?

In my case, I believe it was $29, plus I ended up with an empty middle next to me on a transcon.

-David
I have a flight booked as well from LAX-BNA. It was $30 for me to upgrade from the lowest fare to C+.

I'm interested as well to see if you get the Alaska credit otherwise i will need to swap it back and at least earn some skypesos (rather than 0 points). Although i'm also tempted to pay another $70 for First which books into A fare class, which should credit into Alaska.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 6:06 pm

Original Poster

Originally Posted by miuk
I have a flight booked as well from LAX-BNA. It was $30 for me to upgrade from the lowest fare to C+.

I'm interested as well to see if you get the Alaska credit otherwise i will need to swap it back and at least earn some skypesos (rather than 0 points). Although i'm also tempted to pay another $70 for First which books into A fare class, which should credit into Alaska.
Delta A fares are lucrative on AS, 175% EQMs.

I did try after-the fact credit submission on delta.com for that flight, but the automated system gave me an "F" .. meaning attempt to credit to two programs.

-David
Old Jun 8, 2016, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
... tempted to pay another $70 for First which books into A fare class, which should credit into Alaska.
$70 for front cabin on a ~4-hour flight, per the dollar-a-minute metric that several of the DL regulars espouse, is a no-brainer
Old Jun 8, 2016, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion

a $100 difference from coach to A on that route is a great deal. i'd definitely go for it if it were me. just don't expect much in the way of service on some of those out of the way LAX Routes, my last LAX-RDU flight was disappointing to say the least.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 8:51 pm

Looks like a no brainer, upgraded by paying $70 for the A fare class. The extra miles alone helped me justify the cost
Old Jun 8, 2016, 8:59 pm

Original Poster

Looks like a no brainer, upgraded by paying $70 for the A fare class. The extra miles alone helped me justify the cost
I would have gone for it also.

And welcome to FT.

-David
Old Jun 8, 2016, 9:59 pm

I would have gone for it also.

And welcome to FT.

-David
Thanks. Long time lurker reading about trip reports, finally decided to sign up today
Old Jun 9, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM

-David
I just saw "V" as the first letter in the fare code. That is useful information; I see the C as the second-to-last letter indicating Comfort+. I would hate to get burned and receive no mileage credit. The Alaska agent I spoke to said "no miles for DL W fares," so I will look elsewhere until I hear otherwise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.