Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by jackal
Nice write-up.
Thanks for reading, cheers!
Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:05 pm

Original Poster

Originally Posted by ibling
Regardless of whether you book directly into W class or upgrade to it, AS will credit based on the fare code which it books into. All Delta W class fares are actually booked into Main Cabin fare class underneath, and so credited by AS accordingly.

If anyone is interested, I have highlighted this with an example and snapshots in my recent blog post - http://travelupdate.boardingarea.com...rt-plus-class/
I wish you had given credit to the FT moderator and others from here and Alaska Airlines that did the actual work of bringing this to the right groups attention at AS MP and worked to get it "fixed".

Instead, we've been reduced to "causing confusion among its members". As with most FT threads (though not that often in this particular forum) you have to wade through the "noise" to find the good stuff.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Sep 15, 2016 at 11:25 pm
Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:16 pm

Original Poster

Originally Posted by Frequentlander
Thanks for this. I'm going to have another go around with AS and see if they relent. Seems to me that I should get at least something as (for the time being anyway) DL is a partner.

FL
unless you can get some sort of e-ticket receipt from your TA showing the underlying fare class, you are screwed by the way you booked your trip. Alaska can't tell, maybe Delta knows, but they aren't telling. From Alaska's viewpoint all they can see is that you paid for a W ticket.

Make your travel agent give you more complete ticketing info in the future and put this to rest. Or you can try appealing to Delta and credit it there but most likely their automated system will kick it back if you put your AS MP# in your record.

This bloggers post doesn't change anything. We already knew they would credit it at the underlying fare class if they could figure it out.

-David
Old Sep 16, 2016, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
I wish you had given credit to the FT moderator and others from here and Alaska Airlines that did the actual work of bringing this to the right groups attention at AS MP and worked to get it "fixed".

Instead, we've been reduced to "causing confusion among its members". As with most FT threads (though not that often in this particular forum) you have to wade through the "noise" to find the good stuff.

-David
Haha, it was never my intention to "reduce" members in this thread to a confused lot. It was simply to highlight (with pictorial evidence) what was happening with Delta's W class bookings. And yes, my entire existence in this loyalty world is thanks to FT. Cheers!
Old Sep 16, 2016, 6:58 pm

Original Poster

Originally Posted by ibling
Haha, it was never my intention to "reduce" members in this thread to a confused lot. It was simply to highlight (with pictorial evidence) what was happening with Delta's W class bookings. And yes, my entire existence in this loyalty world is thanks to FT. Cheers!
lol. Don't know about your entire existence, but your post does weed through all the nonsense here.

Thanks,
-David
Old Jan 8, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
unless you can get some sort of e-ticket receipt from your TA showing the underlying fare class, you are screwed by the way you booked your trip. Alaska can't tell, maybe Delta knows, but they aren't telling. From Alaska's viewpoint all they can see is that you paid for a W ticket.

Make your travel agent give you more complete ticketing info in the future and put this to rest. Or you can try appealing to Delta and credit it there but most likely their automated system will kick it back if you put your AS MP# in your record.

This bloggers post doesn't change anything. We already knew they would credit it at the underlying fare class if they could figure it out.

-David
For those of you following at home......

I had one less stab at this at year end to try and get at least some miles out fo this ticket. I believe that if if life was fair (and I'd be the first to admit that it isn't), Id get something from this premium fare so I had another go. The response was as follows:

"Thank you for contacting Alaska Airlines. You are correct that if we have the
original class of service that your Comfort + ticket was issued under, we can
credit your account. .................
........If you would like credit for the flights requested, please send us
documentation showing the originally booked class of service as well as proof
of travel. Acceptable documentation includes itineraries show in the original
class of service, boarding passes, baggage tags, etc. If you have any
additional questions, you may contact us directly at 800-654-5669.

Thank you for choosing Alaska Airlines and the Mileage Plan program.
"

So we are back to where we were 8 e-mails ago.

Given that this is now a circular argument and DL has flown the coop and I can expect that there will be zero co-operation between AS and DL, I think I'm screwed.

FL
Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: MP MVP Gold; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Silver;
Has anyone tried this with APAC International C+? I'm looking at flights and the legs right now show these as the fare codes:

Delta
Flight # 121 from MSP to HND (TLW47NCD)
Flight # 167 from NRT to SIN (TLW47NCD)
Flight # 166 from SIN to SEA (HLW0ZVCD)
Flight # 90 from SEA to MSP (HLW0ZVCD)

Based on this I should earn the T bucket one way and the H bucket the other way correct?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:18 pm

Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrapollinax

Based on this I should earn the T bucket one way and the H bucket the other way correct?
Yes.

As long as AS can figure out the underlying fare codes, you should get credit.

My flight wasn't APAC, it was a transcon, but I don't think that makes a difference as long as they are elgible fares, flights, etc, and they can actually see or figure out the underlying fare buckets, you should get credit.

-David
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:54 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Can any of you opine as to whether would get AS mileage credit for this flight; I find it difficult to know the "underlying fare class," or maybe I just need more coffee:

Friday, April 28
MDW-MSP-DEN
#5386-#1748
Dep MDW 5:05pm
Dep MSP 8:10pm

The "fare code" is FARE CODE - UAVSA0CB

Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: MP MVP Gold; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Silver;
It looks like a U fare class bucket which would get you 50% of the miles flown.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:39 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Thank you. I'm having difficulty getting AS' Twitter rep this morning to understand my question.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:48 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Thank you. I'm having difficulty getting AS' Twitter rep this morning to understand my question.
Ask for their manager Michael to review it. he is fully aware of the situation.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:40 pm

DL Twitter rep finally confirmed (after several hours and one boilerplate response) that proved he/she didn't even read the DM) that it is "U"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.