Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fares

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2016, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Fares

What is the easiest way to see what Fare code that you are booked under?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
look at your reservation
Old Apr 26, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by JeffBNA
What is the easiest way to see what Fare code that you are booked under?
Can you be more specific? What exactly are you looking for? Depending on what you are looking for, the answers are different.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Im flying F.. I bought a coach ticket on my Company Amex.,. Then called Customer Service to pay the difference with my personal card. I know that there are several types of identifiers for each type of Fare. I was wondering what my code would be since I basically upgraded my coach fare.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When you pull up your itin, there will be a letter next to the word First in parentheses for each flight. For domestic F, it can be F, P, A, or G. That's your fare class. I.e., First(P).
Old Apr 26, 2016, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much!
Old Apr 26, 2016, 5:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you have a receipt from DL, there's also a column that shows segment by segment single capital letter fare classes. Note that there can be a different fare class for different segments, even in the same direction. [If this happens, it means that you have a broken fare, although there can theoretically be broken fares for which the fare class does not change.]

You can see the fare class when you search on delta.dumb, especially if you do advanced search by fare class, which allows you to control it somewhat.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 5:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I have found that sometimes even on the receipt that column shows the class you're booked in but not necessarily the fare class you paid. I have two future bookings, one is showing WU (and the corresponding receipt email says W) but this is for an award ticket where they cancelled one of my segments and put me on the next later flight where I preferred an earlier flight; the second example I bought (I) and again after a schedule change got rebooked and the receipt now says (J). So in the case of reissue, it may be necessary to refer to your original receipt email, or to ask an agent.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 6:14 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
I have found that sometimes even on the receipt that column shows the class you're booked in but not necessarily the fare class you paid. I have two future bookings, one is showing WU (and the corresponding receipt email says W) but this is for an award ticket where they cancelled one of my segments and put me on the next later flight where I preferred an earlier flight; the second example I bought (I) and again after a schedule change got rebooked and the receipt now says (J). So in the case of reissue, it may be necessary to refer to your original receipt email, or to ask an agent.
Your original receipt should show the fare class you purchased, which might not be the same as the class after the ticket is reissued.

There can also be some confusion with G A P fares with an underlying coach fare class that book into FC.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone helping me out.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:22 pm

You seem to have P class in both directions. Mystery solved. Enjoy FC.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:15 am

Do the fare details have anything to do with the fare class?

Fare Details: SFO DL JFK235.35TAVSA0CK USD235.35END ZP SFO XF SFO4.5

This is a W fare, but the fare code is TAVSA0CK?
Old Apr 27, 2016, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
T is the underlying coach inventory, W is the "upgrade" to C+
Old Apr 27, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by jrl767
T is the underlying coach inventory, W is the "upgrade" to C+
And the seventh character of the fare basis code indicates it is a "fare product" for C+.

https://pro.delta.com/content/agency/us/en/agent-resources/general-information/new-fare-basis-code-structure.html
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by mnbp
And the seventh character of the fare basis code indicates it is a "fare product" for C+.

https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...structure.html
That's the C, but what does the final letter K mean?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.