Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Emirates award guide using Alaska Airlines miles

Routing Rules:

All trips must start or end in North America.
One open jaw and one stopover allowed on each one-way award.
No fees for changes/cancellations prior to 60 days from departure.

North American Gateway Cities:

West Coast
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Central
Chicago
Dallas
Houston

East Coast
Boston
New York (JFK)
Orlando (Effective September 1, 2015)
Washington DC (IAD)

Canada
Toronto

Award Chart Links*:

Middle East & Africa

Asia

Europe

*If region is not listed on chart its not available.

Perks

Chauffeur Drive NOT Available
Car service is not available for all Business Class and First Class passengers on Alaska Airlines ticketed award tickets on Emirates flights (as of Jan 2015). The chauffeur will not confirm if you use the EK website for this, though the website makes it look you can make a reservation.

Lounges
Access is available for all passengers traveling in Business and First Class. Not all cities have lounges and many may be operated by a Partner. There have been some reports of people having an issue accessing the Dubai lounges as the tickets may appear in their system as non-revenue employee travel. This is not as much of a problem as it used to be but in case it comes up please advise the lounge attendant that you are on an Alaska Airlines award.

Dubai Connect

AS Awards on EK do not qualify for Dubai Connect, which is the service that offers the free hotel.

Tricks to find Transoceanic availability

Instead of performing a blanket, i.e. SEA-DXB search, perform: SEA-MED.
Madinah is a destination that is only served by EK. Consequently, if there is availability, only EK will show up in the calendar results.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:26 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
I would love EK F one-way BKK-HKG with AS but I cant find any info regarding booking Intra Asia flights using Mileage Plan.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by jumbooze
I would love EK F one-way BKK-HKG with AS but I cant find any info regarding booking Intra Asia flights using Mileage Plan.
I think AS' EK awards are to/from North America only.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by beckoa
I think AS' EK awards are to/from North America only.
And only to/via DXB. Don't know if this has changed, but as of two weeks ago, JFK-MXP was not permitted.
Two agents told me that US-Europe is not (yet) an available award.

UPDATE:
This appears to have changed as JFK-MXP is now available online but at 75K OW for Business. Can't find any First seats.

Last edited by SFO777; Jun 13, 2013 at 7:05 am
Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:21 am

1) Accurate, AS will book ex-DFW, IAH, IAD, JFK, etc
2) Negative, AS will not position you on an AA flight to connect to an EK (or other partner) award. AS will let you burn 12.5K AS miles to fly OW on AA though if you prefer. (probably better to pay for the positioning & earn EQM's, but I'd do a connection ) And the flight would be LAX-SEA-IAH as AS doesn't have a PDX-IAH flight yet.
Based on my experience with the partner desk on booking EK, the agent (with the supervisor's OK) was able to book 4 of us in coach on the continuing IAH>SEA sector (connecting from SIN>DXB>IAH) even though 1) there was no A or W space on that flight, and 2) it was just over a 24 hour a connection time (it's not a legal connection otherwise). You might want to give that a shot.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
2) Negative, AS will not position you on an AA flight to connect to an EK (or other partner) award. AS will let you burn 12.5K AS miles to fly OW on AA though if you prefer. (probably better to pay for the positioning & earn EQM's, but I'd do a connection ) And the flight would be LAX-SEA-IAH as AS doesn't have a PDX-IAH flight yet.
Would they keep it all on one ticket?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
And only to/via DXB. Don't know if this has changed, but as of two weeks ago, JFK-MXP was not permitted.
Two agents told me that US-Europe is not (yet) an available award.

UPDATE:
This appears to have changed as JFK-MXP is now available online but at 75K OW for Business. Can't find any First seats.
Don't think the award engine accurately displays f space as of right now... if you compare it with ef space.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Would they keep it all on one ticket?
If combining AA and EK it would probably be two PNR's.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:06 am

Yeah, I haven't seen F online at all either for EK
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:24 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Does anyone have experience with:
If I see Z1, and book it, will another Z1 open up later?

D=7 so I could do 1Z 1D, but it is my honeymoon, so I'd want to be together.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:25 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by jumbooze
you can do that on Cathay, but not Emirates
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

deleted
Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Does anyone have experience with:
If I see Z1, and book it, will another Z1 open up later?

D=7 so I could do 1Z 1D, but it is my honeymoon, so I'd want to be together.
How many days are you booking out?
I've read somewhere that EK tends to release a F seat at the 7 day mark if there is space left.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
How many days are you booking out?
I've read somewhere that EK tends to release a F seat at the 7 day mark if there is space left.
90 out.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Don't think the award engine accurately displays f space as of right now... if you compare it with ef space.
Just got off the phone with Brian at the partner desk. We confirmed that the AS.com award engine is not accurately displaying F. He checked a number of dates in October and saw what EF is showing including beyond DXB Indeed, he was able to find one SEA-DXB-JNB F seat on a number of days and said it was bookable.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Just got off the phone with Brian at the partner desk. We confirmed that the AS.com award engine is not accurately displaying F. He checked a number of dates in October and saw what EF is showing including beyond DXB Indeed, he was able to find one SEA-DXB-JNB F seat on a number of days and said it was bookable.
The question is, did his view, match ExpertFlyer Zed space?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.