Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Emirates award guide using Alaska Airlines miles

Routing Rules:

All trips must start or end in North America.
One open jaw and one stopover allowed on each one-way award.
No fees for changes/cancellations prior to 60 days from departure.

North American Gateway Cities:

West Coast
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Central
Chicago
Dallas
Houston

East Coast
Boston
New York (JFK)
Orlando (Effective September 1, 2015)
Washington DC (IAD)

Canada
Toronto

Award Chart Links*:

Middle East & Africa

Asia

Europe

*If region is not listed on chart its not available.

Perks

Chauffeur Drive NOT Available
Car service is not available for all Business Class and First Class passengers on Alaska Airlines ticketed award tickets on Emirates flights (as of Jan 2015). The chauffeur will not confirm if you use the EK website for this, though the website makes it look you can make a reservation.

Lounges
Access is available for all passengers traveling in Business and First Class. Not all cities have lounges and many may be operated by a Partner. There have been some reports of people having an issue accessing the Dubai lounges as the tickets may appear in their system as non-revenue employee travel. This is not as much of a problem as it used to be but in case it comes up please advise the lounge attendant that you are on an Alaska Airlines award.

Dubai Connect

AS Awards on EK do not qualify for Dubai Connect, which is the service that offers the free hotel.

Tricks to find Transoceanic availability

Instead of performing a blanket, i.e. SEA-DXB search, perform: SEA-MED.
Madinah is a destination that is only served by EK. Consequently, if there is availability, only EK will show up in the calendar results.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Old Jan 13, 2013, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by CDKing
The Facebook rep told me possibly Spring or summer 2013. Did not comment if it was just EK or all partners
Hope they allow mixing partners as well.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Hope they allow mixing partners as well.
Well, that was pretty much the thrust of the conversation I had with Gold CS agent...aligning award redemption practices with others...one-way, multiple partners possible. But, obviously, we aren't talking with the decision makers, so only time will tell.

--mcz
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mczlaw
Well, that was pretty much the thrust of the conversation I had with Gold CS agent...aligning award redemption practices with others...one-way, multiple partners possible. But, obviously, we aren't talking with the decision makers, so only time will tell.

--mcz
That would be so awesome. AS miles value would quadruple overnight.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 6:09 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K UAL Premier Exec
Got up at 5AM to book my Emirates award ticket only to be told that the flights are not available for booking "until further notice"
Old Jan 16, 2013, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by sergad
Got up at 5AM to book my Emirates award ticket only to be told that the flights are not available for booking "until further notice"
Really? Glad I slept in now.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Does anyone have any information as to when they might be bookable?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
According to David on the facebook page:

We had a "hiccup" earlier in the week that delayed our weekly IT Upgrade by a day. We've fully investigated and resolved the issue that delayed the release and will be send out the update tonight (Midnight). Once out, our Reservations Agents will need a little time to review the updated system and should be ready to issue tickets by late in the day tomorrow
Old Jan 16, 2013, 1:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Fingers crossed. I'm planning a last minute Dubai/India trip for next week, and was pretty disappointed at 5am this morning. Luckily I was able to secure a decent itin on Air France in the meantime. I'm anxious to hear if anyone has success with EK.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 2:23 pm

Update: Was just able to secure SEA-DXB in EK F! Still waiting to add on my India legs What I saw on Expertflyer was not quite matching up to what the AS rep saw. Though when I first called, should couldn't see my India destination at all, so things are quickly being updated.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
Update: Was just able to secure SEA-DXB in EK F! Still waiting to add on my India legs What I saw on Expertflyer was not quite matching up to what the AS rep saw. Though when I first called, should couldn't see my India destination at all, so things are quickly being updated.
What is the tax like so far?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
I can't wait to book a SEA-MLE in F...

Didn't get up at 5AM today to try.. Look fwd to others successes/failures in booking EK F.

Forgot about the taxes... A quick check (SEA-MLE) on Emerites web site shows $77 in taxes for a economy seat. I imagine FC will be more.

Is chauffeur service included for FC award tickets?? Just reading EK website, very cool service.

Last edited by BarryL; Jan 16, 2013 at 3:02 pm
Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
What is the tax like so far?
$41 for SEA-DXB roundtrip.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:10 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by BarryL
Is chauffeur service included for FC award tickets?? Just reading EK website, very cool service.
Yep, as long as it is within 100 miles. Pretty generous Radius Also if you have a long layover in DXB, you can stay at the airport hotel [a very luxurious hotel, can't remember the name] and EK will pay for it.

As EK is adding more partners, I am not sure how much longer they will include this benefit for award tickets.

$41 for SEA-DXB roundtrip.
I am curious, what did you mean by the AS rep not seeing what is shown on EF? How many seats did EF show and how many did the AS rep see?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Yep, as long as it is within 100 miles. Pretty generous Radius Also if you have a long layover in DXB, you can stay at the airport hotel [a very luxurious hotel, can't remember the name] and EK will pay for it.

As EK is adding more partners, I am not sure how much longer they will include this benefit for award tickets.

I am curious, what did you mean by the AS rep not seeing what is shown on EF? How many seats did EF show and how many did the AS rep see?
So when I called at first, they said they could only get me from SEA-DXB. I saw 1 Z seat of Expertflyer and that is what the rep saw as well for those flights. I wanted to nest a DXB-TRV-DXB trip at the end of trip in Dubai. On Expertflyer I saw X9 (Partner Award Economy) for both my flights (which I was planning on booking), and no other class of service available. Midway through the booking, she said TRV just appeared as a city and saw business on the outbound, and nothing on the return.

The agent mentioned, and I concur, that availability is coming online by the minute and I should try again for the return flight soon.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 4:07 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

So when I called at first, they said they could only get me from SEA-DXB. I saw 1 Z seat of Expertflyer and that is what the rep saw as well for those flights. I wanted to nest a DXB-TRV-DXB trip at the end of trip in Dubai. On Expertflyer I saw X9 (Partner Award Economy) for both my flights (which I was planning on booking), and no other class of service available. Midway through the booking, she said TRV just appeared as a city and saw business on the outbound, and nothing on the return.

The agent mentioned, and I concur, that availability is coming online by the minute and I should try again for the return flight soon.
If it indeed matches EF's Z inventory then that is great news!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.