Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2016, 4:11 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Originally Posted by pokee
I recall them taking their sweet time - but I was declined, and called in to ask why and then they overturned it after asking me more questions. After that, it took a while to get the card. Then it took me about 5 months to get the credit from GCR. Sigh...

BUT - As soon as I got my points, I redeemed them for a $700CAD plane ticket....sweeeeet....
Yup they took their sweet time alright. E-mail confirmation say 10-15 days.
They took exactly 14 days till I was approved.

What are people's experience lately? Any hiccup with the AS membership #? I guess I should call them again soon to see which number they have on file.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:07 am

anyone have any recent experience in applying for this card and getting the points? I cancelled my last card in July. And am thinking of re-applying.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Can someone refresh my memory. On my statement, it says

Base Miles 1
Bonus Miles 25000
Miles Adjusted 0
Miles shared with Alaska Airlines 0

Does this mean I won't get my points into my AS until the following month? Or will I still be getting it the next few days?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 1:11 pm

The statement points presentation is pretty random. Your points will post.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait

This is bad.
I rely on Delta to get me to US destinations.

Alaska ending partnership with Delta
Our partnership with Delta is ending on April 30, 2017.
Effective May 1, 2017, Delta will no longer be a Mileage Plan™ partner. Please review the information below for information on earning and redeeming miles on Delta before the partnership ends.
Mileage Plan members can continue to redeem miles for award travel on Delta Air Lines as long as the bookings occur before April 30, 2017.

Link:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/how-to-earn-miles/airline-partners/delta-airlines.aspx?eml=EML-_AH_VX_20161219_1_Enhancements_201612191_Seconda ryM_4_CTA&utm_campaign=20161219&utm_medium=Email&u tm_source=ALASKA

FAQ:
https://blog.alaskaair.com/alaska-ai...delta-changes/
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
3 months for us non BCers/Albertans to cash out the Alaska points!
Old Dec 19, 2016, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305

This is bad.

It may be bad for some people, but anyone that was following the Alaska-Delta saga unfolding in Seattle knew this was coming.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex, Alaska
Does anyone still have their cancelled cards show in their profile? I cancelled mine in October and it's still showing up.
I was thinking of signing up for it again since I did like the card, not sure if that will cause issues.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Torec
Does anyone still have their cancelled cards show in their profile? I cancelled mine in October and it's still showing up.
I was thinking of signing up for it again since I did like the card, not sure if that will cause issues.
Just remove it from your online profile in settings. It doesn't go away automatically.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by robsaw
It may be bad for some people, but anyone that was following the Alaska-Delta saga unfolding in Seattle knew this was coming.
Yup, I knew this was going to happen when DL began their expansion in SEA. Eventually, I have to pick a side, I guess this is the time. Good riddance Skypeso/DL .
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305

This is bad.

Effective May 1, 2017, Delta will no longer be a Mileage Plan™ partner. Please review the information below for information on earning and redeeming miles on Delta before the partnership ends.
Mileage Plan members can continue to redeem miles for award travel on Delta Air Lines as long as the bookings occur before April 30, 2017.

Link:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/how-to-earn-miles/airline-partners/delta-airlines.aspx?eml=EML-_AH_VX_20161219_1_Enhancements_201612191_Seconda ryM_4_CTA&utm_campaign=20161219&utm_medium=Email&u tm_source=ALASKA

FAQ:
https://blog.alaskaair.com/alaska-ai...delta-changes/
What does this mean for those of us that book Delta award flights using BA Avios? I always looked up DL availability on the AS website...
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:29 pm

You can't book delta flights using Avios, given that one is sky team and the other is one world
Old Dec 30, 2016, 6:21 pm

I really wish they would bring in first bag free on this card like the US visa
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
anyone have any recent experience in applying for this card and getting the points? I cancelled my last card in July. And am thinking of re-applying.
Did you end up re-applying? I applied today thinking it had been over three months - and was approved. BUT...I just did the math and realized that I only cancelled the previous card about 60 days ago. Does that mean they'll just re-open my account for my cancelled card, or issue me a new card, but without the 25K bonus? Anyone have any experience re-applying too soon (but also approved) after new 90 day rule was implemented?

This is what my application approval said:

Applicant: <my name>
Credit Application Status: Received and Approved
Your Reference #: <my reference number>

Thank you for your Alaska Airlines® World Elite® MasterCard® card credit application. Your application form is approved, with a credit limit of $10000.

You will receive your new credit card in the mail within 10 to 15 business days, along with the terms and conditions. If you do not receive your credit card within this time frame, please notify us by calling 1-800-404-1319. Thank you for choosing the Alaska Airlines® World Elite® MasterCard®.

I also looked at the T&C and there's nothing there about a 90 day wait to receive the bonus...so I guess it will likely be a matter of whether or not my cancelled account was simply re-opened, which seems likely. This is what the T&C say:

†† To qualify for this offer, an applicant must be approved for the specific credit card account described in the offer. The account must be used for at least one eligible purchase transaction that is not subsequently rescinded, the subject of a charge back request or otherwise disputed. Please allow 8-10 weeks from the transaction date for bonus Miles to be posted to your Mileage Plan account. Limit one-time bonus Miles offer (no cash value) per new account. This promotion is offered by MBNA and may be amended or cancelled at any time without notice. Additional bonus Miles may be awarded if a completed application is submitted to an Alaska Airlines employee.

Last edited by pokee; Jan 3, 2017 at 5:15 pm
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by pokee
Did you end up re-applying? [/I]
Not yet. Going to do it in the next week or so. I cancelled in July...

I think the T&C that is relevant there is the "one bonus per new account
"...so if they simply re-activate your old account, no points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.