Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by bjywong
How did you figure out that MBNA made new AS accounts? Just wondering, as my bonus has still not shown up to my AS account even though it shows up on my MBNA rewards website. The AS account number matches to what is show on my first MBNA statement.
i noticed something was off when they got their cards and it didn't have their AS mileage plan # printed on it. called MBNA to request the mileage plan # on file and lo and behold, they made new accounts

calling AS to merge the accounts was painful. although the agents were pleasant, they got confused when they saw that the old account has a CC attached to it and when i told them that MBNA made a new account. they were like "you have a new CC ? it shows that your old account has a CC as well". then they became confused as to why i would want to merge everything to an account with 0 points (bonus didn't post yet at that time). i don't think they were aware of the fact that people churn their cards then after the accounts were merged, it was another headache getting online access to the new accounts. for some reason, they couldn't be registered for online access and it took multiple calls to get it sorted as i wanted to have the old online profile associated with the new mileage #.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:43 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
I guess this card is not churnable anymore. I applied for 2 cards by accident hoping that I will get 50k points instead of 25k . Wishful thinking for me I guess...
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:02 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
I just noticed this on the application form "To qualify for this offer, an applicant must be approved for the specific credit card account described in the offer. Please allow 8–10 weeks from the account approval date for bonus Miles to be posted to your Mileage Plan account. Limit one-time bonus Miles offer (no cash value) per new account. This promotion is offered by MBNA and may be amended or cancelled at any time without notice. Additional bonus Miles may be awarded within 8-10 weeks of the approval date if a completed application is submitted to an Alaska Airlines employee."

Oh well
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Jma12
I guess this card is not churnable anymore. I applied for 2 cards by accident hoping that I will get 50k points instead of 25k . Wishful thinking for me I guess...
When did you apply for these?

Anyone else seeing this?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:40 pm

So you applied for two cards at the same time or was there significant time lapse between the two?

Were you approved for the two cards and just got 25k points?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: *void
I just noticed this on the application form "To qualify for this offer, an applicant must be approved for the specific credit card account described in the offer. Please allow 8–10 weeks from the account approval date for bonus Miles to be posted to your Mileage Plan account. Limit one-time bonus Miles offer (no cash value) per new account. This promotion is offered by MBNA and may be amended or cancelled at any time without notice. Additional bonus Miles may be awarded within 8-10 weeks of the approval date if a completed application is submitted to an Alaska Airlines employee."

Oh well
Hold on now...don't pull the plug on this just yet. I don't recall if I saved the T&Cs of my previous AS cards, but I think this is the same standard/typical wording for this card, and many of the other points-affiliated card programs. See bolding/underline (by me) above...so, that means just ONE time bonus for a card account. By applying for a new AS card, it is now a different account, and it is eligible for the bonus points. i.e., they're saying that if you want the welcome points, apply for a new card (take a credit hit, possibly)...they won't give you the welcome bonus TWICE on the same card account (now watch all the people with real datapoints come out of the woods to prove me wrong!).

As bjywong and I have noted in our previous posts, we DO see the 25,000 points posted in the statements of our new card accounts (for me, it's not my first AS card)...it's just that MBNA have not gone the 'extra' step of actually POSTING them to our AS accounts. It's the same with the Aeroplan-affiliated cards, and Chase Marriott cards...the points are awarded to your card account at each statement cycle date, and then someone on the team (at Amex, CIBC, TD, Chase) has to then run whatever software/application tool they have available and post them into the affiliated program under your account number...as I joked about earlier, but rather seriously, it's likely due to the recent MBNA systems moving onto the TD servers...they've had so many issues with EVERYTHING-online, and this is just another component for them to deal with, unsuccessfully to date.

However, I have full confidence the 25,000 points will get into our AS accounts eventually. Patience, Iago.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: Enough
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Hold on now...don't pull the plug on this just yet. I don't recall if I saved the T&Cs of my previous AS cards, but I think this is the same standard/typical wording for this card, and many of the other points-affiliated card programs. See bolding/underline (by me) above...so, that means just ONE time bonus for a card account. By applying for a new AS card, it is now a different account, and it is eligible for the bonus points. i.e., they're saying that if you want the welcome points, apply for a new card (take a credit hit, possibly)...they won't give you the welcome bonus TWICE on the same card account (now watch all the people with real datapoints come out of the woods to prove me wrong!).

As bjywong and I have noted in our previous posts, we DO see the 25,000 points posted in the statements of our new card accounts (for me, it's not my first AS card)...it's just that MBNA have not gone the 'extra' step of actually POSTING them to our AS accounts. It's the same with the Aeroplan-affiliated cards, and Chase Marriott cards...the points are awarded to your card account at each statement cycle date, and then someone on the team (at Amex, CIBC, TD, Chase) has to then run whatever software/application tool they have available and post them into the affiliated program under your account number...as I joked about earlier, but rather seriously, it's likely due to the recent MBNA systems moving onto the TD servers...they've had so many issues with EVERYTHING-online, and this is just another component for them to deal with, unsuccessfully to date.

However, I have full confidence the 25,000 points will get into our AS accounts eventually. Patience, Iago.
AS points have been taking between 1-2 weeks from the time they're transferred out of MBNA rewards into your AS account since the computer change AFAIK.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:11 pm

Moving on...similar to your situation, my wife got her new card in late Oct. Unlike in the past, have not seen the welcome points post to her existing AS account, even before the card arrives.

So, the paper statement just arrived by mail, and it shows:
Your Rewards Update as of 11/13/14
Mileage Plan Number 000987654321
Base Miles 814
Bonus Miles 25000
Miles Adjusted 0
--------
Miles shared with Alaska Airlines 0

- Her AS Mileage Plan number is NOT printed at the bottom of her card, as it has been with previous cards
- Her AS Mileage Plan number as listed in the statement is correct (although it's prefixed with three 0's.)
- Miles are not being posted to her AS Mileage Plan account, as indicated by that bottom line in the statement.

She's now out of town, and I can't call on her behalf.
What is going on here?
Update.
Checked wife's AS account this morning, no movement. Checked this evening, the 25K posted!
Also says: "Last Transaction: November 18, 2014"

Funny how on the statement it shows the status of her Rewards as of Nov 13, but the statement actually cycled on Nov 17th.

So, anyway, it took about 9 days to post after the statement had cycled.

For all the Chicken Littles out there, this promo is NOT dead.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:44 pm

Update.
Checked wife's AS account this morning, no movement. Checked this evening, the 25K posted!
Also says: "Last Transaction: November 18, 2014"

Funny how on the statement it shows the status of her Rewards as of Nov 13, but the statement actually cycled on Nov 17th.

So, anyway, it took about 9 days to post after the statement had cycled.

For all the Chicken Littles out there, this promo is NOT dead.
I had received a statement for the period from Oct 27 to Oct 28 showing my annual fee. The other day I received a statement for the period from Oct 28 to Nov 24. Is this second statement technically my first real statement? Perhaps I will wait it out a few more days now that this second statement has arrived and see if the points show up on my AS account otherwise I will phone in.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:56 pm

I applied both cards under the same AS account, I think that is why I didn't get the bonus. Did your wife have a card before? If so, did she cancelled and re-applied again?

I tried to open a new AS account, but got an error message saying that there is an identical account with the same address. I guess I need to closed an account instead to avoid the double annual fee. If they do not allow more than 1 account, I guess this card is no longer churnable?

Jack
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by bjywong
I had received a statement for the period from Oct 27 to Oct 28 showing my annual fee. The other day I received a statement for the period from Oct 28 to Nov 24. Is this second statement technically my first real statement? Perhaps I will wait it out a few more days now that this second statement has arrived and see if the points show up on my AS account otherwise I will phone in.
No, that first one would've been your first statement, as idiotic as it sounds....sometimes Amex works this way too...you get the card in the mail, activate it, and then find out the billing cycle date is actually the next day or next week, and in the case of the Aeroplan Plus Gold card, if you haven't met the $500 spend requirement before the statement cycles, it's another month before you'll see them . Even worse is TD...twice I saw my card listed online at TD Easyweb, and the statement CYCLED already and I could view it online, but I didn't even have the card in my hands yet...so, I couldn't spend the required $1, and so I had to wait for my second statement to cycle, in order to see the welcome points posted.

But, for AS, as from previous experience, you don't even need to spend $1 to get the welcome points...but, if they did not appear in your first statement, and only appeared now in your second statement, then I'd wait another '9' days, for the eggs to incubate properly. You'll get the points...I don't think calling MBNA to complain will help...it just seems like that now with their new systems in place, under TD's servers, times are a'changing, and we'll probably need to wait for statements to cycle before seeing the welcome points posted to the card statement, and then a day or two (or a week) before we see the points punched through to the affiliated FFP.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:30 pm

I applied both cards under the same AS account, I think that is why I didn't get the bonus. Did your wife have a card before? If so, did she cancelled and re-applied again?

I tried to open a new AS account, but got an error message saying that there is an identical account with the same address. I guess I need to closed an account instead to avoid the double annual fee. If they do not allow more than 1 account, I guess this card is no longer churnable?

Jack
I'd wait one more statement to see if the 25K finally posts to the second account (see bjywong's post above). It'd be worth it, especially if you didn't get a second credit pull!

You should be trying to accumulate to the same single AS account, don't try to open a new AS account. Your case is an 'oddball', so just wait it out, and see if the points come through or not...if not, then cancel the card and get the $75 AF pro-rated/refunded.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by durberville
AS points have been taking between 1-2 weeks from the time they're transferred out of MBNA rewards into your AS account since the computer change AFAIK.
Actually 6 days for me last two statements.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:47 pm

I'd wait one more statement to see if the 25K finally posts to the second account (see bjywong's post above). It'd be worth it, especially if you didn't get a second credit pull!

You should be trying to accumulate to the same single AS account, don't try to open a new AS account. Your case is an 'oddball', so just wait it out, and see if the points come through or not...if not, then cancel the card and get the $75 AF pro-rated/refunded.
MBNA said I only have 30 days to cancel the card to get my annual fee refund. In your experience, do you know how long the "pro-rated" last for?

I have received the 25k already. I will call AS and see if I can get the second bonus.

Thank you all for your help.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: Enough
BTW, (confirmed) MBNA credit transfer from another credit line to approve an additional AS card is still alive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.