Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by roastpuff
1. I got it before I even got my card.
Yeah, I think mine were there beforehand, too - that's why I didn't see any awarded on my statements!
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:01 pm

When flying return to LAS from BLI in May, the FAs did not do their usual advert for the CC on either of our flights. Have the FA stopped this practice (they did in March on flights to/from HNL) and every other flight we've been on in the past several years? I ended up handing her a completed application (which I picked up on our March flight) which the FA said she could hand in for us, but I'm a little concerned it may not have been sent in. This was May 23. I thought I'd give it to the end of this week before calling in to MBNA to see if the application is in the system. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by prmetime
When flying return to LAS from BLI in May, the FAs did not do their usual advert for the CC on either of our flights. Have the FA stopped this practice (they did in March on flights to/from HNL) and every other flight we've been on in the past several years? I ended up handing her a completed application (which I picked up on our March flight) which the FA said she could hand in for us, but I'm a little concerned it may not have been sent in. This was May 23. I thought I'd give it to the end of this week before calling in to MBNA to see if the application is in the system. Any thoughts? Thanks.
I had the ad on a YVR-LAX flight last month.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
Companion Fare on a One Way Ticket

I was thinking about Applying for AS Card. Can I use the Companion Fare for a One Way Ticket ??
Old Jun 5, 2014, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by mgn2000
I was thinking about Applying for AS Card. Can I use the Companion Fare for a One Way Ticket ??
i believe it's round-trip only
Old Jun 5, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by yerffej201
i believe it's round-trip only
Nope, you can use it for any itinerary, one way or round trip. Both companions must travel together, on the same flights in the same cabin.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
Nope, you can use it for any itinerary, one way or round trip. Both companions must travel together, on the same flights in the same cabin.
Are you sure? I thought they could be used one-way too, but then I read their Q/A on as.com:

The Companion Fare Discount Code is offered to holders of the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® Card, The Platinum Plus® MasterCard® and the Visa® Business Card. This Discount Code entitles the cardholder to purchase one round-trip coach companion fare on Alaska Airlines from $118 (USD) ($99 base fare plus applicable taxes and fees from $19 depending on your Alaska Airlines flight itinerary) when traveling with another passenger on a paid published coach airfare on the same itinerary, booked at the same time. Mileage cannot be used as a form of payment, however mileage credit accrual is allowed for both travelers. Travelers are responsible for all applicable taxes, fees, surcharges and applicable checked baggage fees. The Companion Fare Discount Code is not valid with multi-city shopping or award reservations, and cannot be combined with other discounts.
http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...ount-code.aspx
Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:18 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Are you sure? I thought they could be used one-way too, but then I read their Q/A on as.com:

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...ount-code.aspx
It entitles you to purchase a round trip if you want to (meaning you only have to use one companion code for a round trip rather than two) but you don't have to. It can be used for a one way if you choose, you are just losing half the value as it entitles you to use it for a round trip.

From the T&C of the companion code:
Discount: Valid for one annual Companion Fare from $118 (USD) ($99 base fare plus taxes and fees from $19 depending on your Alaska Airlines flight itinerary) when traveling with another passenger on a paid airfare. Valid for coach class only. Both passengers must be booked in the same itinerary, at the same fare, traveling together, and ticketed at the same time. Valid for round-trip or one-way travel. Multiple stopovers not allowed. Valid on published fares. Not applicable to Mileage Plan Award Reservations, Alaska Airlines Vacation Packages, tour or contract fares.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 7:24 pm

It entitles you to purchase a round trip if you want to (meaning you only have to use one companion code for a round trip rather than two) but you don't have to. It can be used for a one way if you choose, you are just losing half the value as it entitles you to use it for a round trip.

From the T&C of the companion code:
Discount: Valid for one annual Companion Fare from $118 (USD) ($99 base fare plus taxes and fees from $19 depending on your Alaska Airlines flight itinerary) when traveling with another passenger on a paid airfare. Valid for coach class only. Both passengers must be booked in the same itinerary, at the same fare, traveling together, and ticketed at the same time. Valid for round-trip or one-way travel. Multiple stopovers not allowed. Valid on published fares. Not applicable to Mileage Plan Award Reservations, Alaska Airlines Vacation Packages, tour or contract fares.
Good to know, thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:13 pm

you can use it for any itinerary, one way or round trip..
And when using it on a one way, you only pay 1/2 the cost (ie $49.50).
Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:25 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by todd-r
And when using it on a one way, you only pay 1/2 the cost (ie $49.50).
?
Where is that printed?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305
?
Where is that printed?
Just do a one way search with the code in and you will clearly see the 1/2 price amount.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS
I applied for this card over the phone and provided an income that would qualify for the elite card. I won't automatically get that one, correct? I am hoping to get the card first, and then get the upgrade offer that comes with the bonus miles.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:05 am

If you provided an income that would get the world card, I expect you to get the world card based on prior experiences
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by kyden
I applied for this card over the phone and provided an income that would qualify for the elite card. I won't automatically get that one, correct? I am hoping to get the card first, and then get the upgrade offer that comes with the bonus miles.
"Sadly", you'll get the World Elite version (= no upgrade offer later)

Next time I apply, I'll lower the income to sub-$60K I think for non-Elite version, then hope for the 10K upgrade offer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.