Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HSBC Premier Airport Lounge program

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2009, 11:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by ferrismo
Airport gal, do you know why the benefits from all premier account countries are not published at one universal location? If there are no restrictions then HSBC would be losing out by not advertising all the other benefits that one would be entitled to in other countries when they travel.
At the moment I always to go the HSBC website of the respective country I'm traveling to see what's on offer.
Also they are not all without restriction. In Indonesia premier account members receive a priority pass membership, the only way I could get that would be to open an account in Indonesia, hmmm maybe I should or is that going a bit far just for priority pass membership?
One could have the RM open a premier account for places where one frequently travels. Together with global transfers, it is very much more convenient. I guess that also gets you on their list to be informed of new incentives like this.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 2:38 am

Programs: krisflyer, spg, priority club, Hyatt Plat,
Originally Posted by pWei
One could have the RM open a premier account for places where one frequently travels. Together with global transfers, it is very much more convenient. I guess that also gets you on their list to be informed of new incentives like this.
Yep, this is possible and I've done it already for a country I frequency stop over at. Was just questioning if doing it solely for a benefit (e.g. premier pass) was worth it.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by AirportGal
Yes, there is but we are not releasing it until the last week of October. Are you and HSBC Premier client?
Any word on the program?

Thanks!
Old Oct 27, 2009, 3:08 pm

We launched yesterday.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 8:46 pm

We launched yesterday.
So HSBC Premier customers have access to the AA lounges at JKF and LAX?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Explat, UA 1K
Is there a website where we can get more information?

Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:09 pm

Yes, you would lounge access at JFK and LAX as part of the service.

We don't have a website as this is being communicated to Premier clients via Personal Internet Banking email and Statement Inserts.

Are you Premier customers?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 4:51 pm

We don't have a website as this is being communicated to Premier clients via Personal Internet Banking email and Statement Inserts.

I'm a Premier customer in the U.S. and have received zero notification of the program either in Personal Internet Banking email or statement. There is also notification of the program on the Premier USA web site. Poor communication of the launch.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 6:42 pm

I'm a premier customer, but not in the US. I presume showing my hsbc premier credit card or similar from one of the other countries would still be sufficient for lounge access?
Old Oct 29, 2009, 3:48 pm

In US.

Visit branch - does not have any idea at all.

Old Oct 29, 2009, 7:02 pm

Cardtracker- If you provided an email address when you signed up for PIB, then you should receive the communication. Check your spam inbox as well. The Statement Inserts don't begin cycling until November 1.

Ferrisimo- As part of the particular promo, you must make a booking for the Five Star Service in order to have lounge access. Country of origin does not matter. You just cannot simply use your credit card for access on its own.

yyyccclll- All Premier Relationship Managers have been notified. If you let me know which branch you went to, I will follow up with them.

Thanks.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 11:36 am

I for one did receive the email on this (US HSBC Premier). Not sure I'll have the reason or opportunity to take advantage of this, but it's a nice offer.

Here's my suggestion for an HSBC Premier enhancement - add Chip and Pin to US cards so they work in self-service kiosks in Europe.

Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 6:56 pm

Programs: ROP
Originally Posted by skit53
Is there a website where we can get more information?

Thanks!
See http://www.banking.us.hsbc.com/premi..._AA_091509.pdf

Got an email reminding me about it a bit ago; too bad I fly *A (not AA). HSBC needs to expand to include more carriers and/or airports. If not, perhaps providing priority pass to cardholders would be appropriate.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by pueywei
See http://www.banking.us.hsbc.com/premi..._AA_091509.pdf

Got an email reminding me about it a bit ago; too bad I fly *A (not AA). HSBC needs to expand to include more carriers and/or airports. If not, perhaps providing priority pass to cardholders would be appropriate.
I get PP with my Chairman card and have been a little underwhelmed with it. Personally I'd rather have them choose a good carrier and get a solid lounge experience more place than have them just discount PP.

Admiral Club access everywhere would be a great perk...
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:02 pm

Programs: ROP
Yes, PP is more valuable outside the US.

I'm thinking they could provide PP in lieu of this service. I know I'll probably never use this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.