Wiki Posts
Search

HSBC Premier Airport Lounge program

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by tng11
Apparently the Indonesian HSBC Premier Mastercard has Priority Pass:

http://www.hsbc.co.id/1/2/personal_e...ort-vip-lounge

Seeing how one can have as many accounts without minimum balances, it might actually be worth doing the paperwork for an Indonesian account considering the PP is worth a few hundred $ every year.
Doesn't look possible, unfortunately. I contacted the International Banking Centre and they advised me of the following:

Accounts in Indonesia cannot be opened for foreign customers until they are physically in the country for face to face verification and have obtained the registration documents from local regulators. In regard to your credit card inquiry, as a Premier customer you would qualify for the Premier products in Indonesia although credit cards cannot be granted to foreign nationals without resident status.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Hi5z
According to Japan Premier Lounge list, Hunolulu International Airport located in Hawaii has HSBC Lounge available. Is it only accessible for Japanese? Why it's not listed on US lounge list? A lot HSBC lounges are available from all over the country, why US gets so few? Not even the one in it's own soil?
That's a bit weird, I agree.

Last edited by gomezjan; Aug 16, 2010 at 12:21 pm
Old Aug 11, 2010, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by yyzvoyageur
Doesn't look possible, unfortunately. I contacted the International Banking Centre and they advised me of the following:
Darn. Thanks for taking the initiative to contact the IBC though!

HSBC Premier can't bypass local regulations, when I tried to open an account in Japan I was told it wasn't possible even if I was physically present as non-resident accounts are not allowed by the central bank. Also being Canadian there are a few restrictions (i.e. I was not allowed to open my Maltese account with a CAN address but it was fine with an HKG address).
Old Aug 11, 2010, 7:20 pm

Programs: krisflyer, spg, priority club, Hyatt Plat,
Originally Posted by capkapak
Would you need to be a HSBC Premier customer of a particular country in order to use the lounges listed on the country specific Premier websites?
Generally no, as long as you have an HSBC premier mastercard credit card and show this at the lounge they should let you in. Only the back of the card states where it was issued and the staff at the lounge are unlikely to check it. I've used my UK HSBC premier mastercard to access lounges in Indonesia and Japan.

Finding out in which airport lounges allow access to HSBC Premier can be difficult as there is no central list. Best thing to do is go to the local country HSBC website of the country you are visiting and check out the premier benefits.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
girlfriend

i plan to go with my girlfriend, can we both get in or only me?
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:01 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by ferrismo
Generally no, as long as you have an HSBC premier mastercard credit card and show this at the lounge they should let you in. Only the back of the card states where it was issued and the staff at the lounge are unlikely to check it. I've used my UK HSBC premier mastercard to access lounges in Indonesia and Japan.

Finding out in which airport lounges allow access to HSBC Premier can be difficult as there is no central list. Best thing to do is go to the local country HSBC website of the country you are visiting and check out the premier benefits.
or check my post a page back with a list I made
Old Nov 30, 2010, 9:13 am

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium

Well it doesn't work in Bombay airport. The assigned lounge for HSBC Premier is the Clipper Lounge near gate B14. They swipe your card to get an approval and according to the manager on duty (who couldn't show me the rules for the program), the Clipper Lounge is only for HSBC Premier India cards only. So that blows. No big loss; none of the lounges here have showers and in the case of the * Alliance/LH lounge, no men's bathroom. Also the place is definitely not up to "world class" standards. It makes the RCC look decent by comparision.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Sigh... Seems like Premier still does not have a harmonized product/perk in place when it comes to airport lounges. It appears amazing to me that even small banks in germany 'Sparda' can offer a Priority Pass with their credit card yet HSBC Premier doesn't seem to be capable or willing.

They have some interesting offers on their site like the fast track to Fairmont Premier and Club Swiss Gold Elite. Everything else is pretty much bleh...

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Jan 24, 2011 at 12:21 pm
Old Mar 30, 2011, 8:56 am

Has this “privilege” been quietly withdrawn? I couldn’t find the lounge list at the HSBC Premier web site anymore. It was a very short and limited list but still .....
Old Mar 30, 2011, 9:50 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Is it this list?

http://www.hsbcpremier.com/1/2/hsbcp...irport-lounges
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by mia
Yes, it is. Well hidden. Thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:25 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
does it work if anyone know? it'd be good to have a palce to sit down for a drink next time i go pass without airline lounge access! (btw i am HKG member)
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:53 am

I will also have a logn layover in NRT in 3 months. I only have the CO President passes and BA Credit card. Wondering what I can do with the BA card. I'm definately picking up a ton of those pretzel snaks "Cratz" (the black pepper ones). These are the most amazing snack I've ever had.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 6:26 am

Programs: CX Marco Polo GR,DL Skymiles, SQ Krisfyer,PH Mabuhay Miles, HH gold, BWR Diamond
I've used my UK HSBC premier mastercard to access lounges in Indonesia and Japan.
So it is confrimed that you can use your HSBC premier card for lounge access in
Japan regardless of where it is issued.

Last edited by mia; Jul 3, 2011 at 7:00 am Reason: Repair formatting
Old Jul 21, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: TK, ITA(!)
LHE no longer...

Seems they no longer accept the card at LHE Lahore , the receptionist geezer said theyd stopped a couple of months back. I'll be mentioning this to relevant people, if anyone has contact with any decision makers on these matters do let me know or please mention youd like it reinstated and the program expanded not shrunk!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.