PDX - Priority Pass lounges and restaurants

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PDX - Priority Pass lounges and restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by tfizzle
A friend of mine was told this morning at PDX that Capers Cafe is no longer accepting priority pass. Any other confirmations?
Earned rave reviews on Yelp a week ago.

Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Was a semi-false alarm-fine print said it was just for Priority pass users from AMEX.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K & Delta Plat, Now Delta Silver, Alaska 75k, Marriott Plat
I can confirm. Priority pass via AMEX platinum no longer has access to any restaurants in any airports - at PDX this means AMEX plat benefits just went from awesome to nothing since the Alaska lounge is tiny and generally closed to PP. The only exception is if you happen to be flying Delta - which gets you into their lounge.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: Alaska United American
Probably time for PP and AMEX to part ways. They seem to be pretending for the most part anyway.
LegalTender and hi55us like this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by William L Oppenheim
Probably time for PP and AMEX to part ways. They seem to be pretending for the most part anyway.
There are 49 PP restaurants across 29 airports according to a TPG article I just found. There are a further 7 Alaska Air lounges that we can't count on with PP from any credit card. I don't like the loss of restaurants while Chase customers continue to enjoy them, but I also get to enjoy Centurion and Escape lounges, and don't see why Amex should completely cut ties to ~1200 still-eligible locations.

PDX-based travelers should probably part ways with Amex, not Amex skipping all of Priority Pass.
hi55us likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:48 pm

Capers Cafe changes for PPass at PDX

I heard from a friend that Capers cafe will also leave the PPass program soon. Can any one else confirm? I have always enjoyed a bottle of wine on the way out of town.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Yeah, depending on your CC it's been gone for a while now. Check out (the end of) this long thread about PP lounges and restaurants leaving the system.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
Sitting there right now and still going strong. I asked the bartender and he had not heard anything about it.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
How do you get your PP? If you have a paid PP membership and Chase CSR (for now) it's still there, but AmEx plat lost it Aug(?) 1st.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
I heard from a friend that Capers cafe will also leave the PPass program soon. Can any one else confirm? I have always enjoyed a bottle of wine on the way out of town.
Fake news. But you can no longer buy a bottle of wine. Food and drinks up to $28/ I think.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 10:43 pm

I got a bottle of wine two weeks ago, this must be new. Glasses only?
The secret is that many oregon Pinot Noir wineries discount their wines at Capers to generate interest. the Shea pinot at $38 on the menu is a steal because it is $50 at the winery.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
I got a bottle of wine two weeks ago, this must be new. Glasses only?
If you look at the PP app for Capers you'll see the exclusion for "bottle sales & merchandise" It's been there for awhile. Maybe some clerks don't realize it or don't care. The Shea pinot, 2016, sells for $44.99 at wine.com Looks like one I need to try.

Last edited by philemer; Nov 29, 2019 at 9:41 am
Old Dec 3, 2019, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by philemer
If you look at the PP app for Capers you'll see the exclusion for "bottle sales & merchandise" It's been there for awhile. Maybe some clerks don't realize it or don't care. The Shea pinot, 2016, sells for $44.99 at wine.com Looks like one I need to try.
I actually don't buy a bottle of wine and take it away whole. If I'm with my wife we order the bottle, enjoy a glass or two and then cork it and take it with us as "hotel wine" for our trip.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 3:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I've just merged two PDX threads to keep information in one place.

CWS/mod
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:35 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Was just at Capers 3X over the last few weeks (next to B/C side security) and PP is going strong. ID checked for name but no request for boarding passes. The food is really pretty good but obviously over-priced. Still, $28 gets you a good meal and a drink or two. It's kind of cool setup where you can run through line and take it to-go or sit down and be waited on. All 3 times I've been the food came out quickly despite it being busy. They do have a sign stating Amex PP is no longer accepted.
Rare and philemer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.