Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PDX - Priority Pass lounges and restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by tfizzle
3. Construction at the airport now prevents moving between terminals C and D, so no access to Capers Market in D.
Such a shame, is the connection eventually going to reopen?
Old Jun 1, 2021, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hi55us
The connector won't reopen until late 2023 when the new main terminal area opens.

Details at the flypdx site.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by hi55us
Yes, but not until late 2023. Details in this link.
https://flypdx.com/construction
Old Jul 15, 2021, 3:03 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Capers Cafe is the best by far, but here are some changes.
3. Construction at the airport now prevents moving between terminals C and D, so no access to Capers Market in D.
You can access either half of the airport with any boarding pass. Not convenient, but you can still visit both parts. You would have to exit and go through security a 2nd time, but it is doable.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Capers Cafe is the best by far, but here are some changes.
2. Cafe now closes a 1pm, so no usage on afternoon flights.

As of today on the PP website:

Opening Hours

04:00 - 22:30 daily. IMPORTANT NOTE: For Cardholders who pay for individual visits or guest visits, please check this particular offer against your visit fee to ensure it represents value for you. We advise Cardholders to review full Conditions of access below before visiting. Capers Café Le Bar has a charming space to dine in and also offers food conveniently packaged to take on the flight.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT

As of today on the PP website:

Opening Hours

04:00 - 22:30 daily. IMPORTANT NOTE: For Cardholders who pay for individual visits or guest visits, please check this particular offer against your visit fee to ensure it represents value for you. We advise Cardholders to review full Conditions of access below before visiting. Capers Café Le Bar has a charming space to dine in and also offers food conveniently packaged to take on the flight.
There’s been no correlation between posted hours and actual hours for Capers Cafe since about a month into the pandemic.
tom911 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 2:44 pm

Flying Delta (D gates) yesterday, 31-July-2012. I went through the C side security and had lunch at Capers Cafe. No draft beer available, but they had a few canned options that were good. Not very crowded at all. Saw some familiar faces waiting tables. After eating, I exited C side security and went through the D side. Capers Cafe et Le Bar is more restrictive than before and a bit complicated. Several items are ineligible for the $28 credit.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Capers Cafe hours have recently been updated in the PP app. Now it shows 0400-1400, which may reflect reality. I usually fly through there in the evening and haven't seen them open in ages.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by chrisl137
Capers Cafe hours have recently been updated in the PP app. Now it shows 0400-1400, which may reflect reality. I usually fly through there in the evening and haven't seen them open in ages.
Just flew twice. Last order for food needs to be around 12:30 or so because they close the kitchen early.
Wine selection is much smaller than usual.
If you have PPass, they will work hard to make sure you get your value like adding a water or a take away desert. Still one of my favorites. When I travel with family, we always split a bottle of wine and the food is surprisingly good. Airport is humming. It is possible they close early because they can't find staff.
I know they got a 5.6mil PPP loan, and they are not as busy as they have been when I have been there (usually full tables) but I assume when more travel returns they will open up.

As others have noted, can't get to capers market until late 2023 unless you exit airside and enter the other gates. .
Old Aug 24, 2021, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Capers Market

Just stopped by Capers Market at 6:10 pm and they were just finishing closing up. I asked about it, and due to short staff they’re closing at 6pm on Mondays and Tuesdays.

No problem going through security on the D side with a C boarding pass. Precheck line was shorter (zero people) on the D side. There were a few people in front of me but no wait on the C side.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 7:16 pm

Good to know that caper's market is open till 6ish. too bad it is a hassle to go between terminals. BTW they have great premium chocolate.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 11:58 am

PP confirmed that they have no lounges at PDX currently. Sucks. They have all been removed from the site and app.

Last edited by olouie; Oct 24, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like Bambuza has dropped PP at the SEA N gates, too, so it's just the two The Club lounges in A and S.

Originally Posted by olouie
PP confirmed that they have no partners or lounges at PDX currently. Sucks. They have all been removed from the site and app.
​​​​​​​
Edit: if I log into the website I still see Bambuza at SEA, and I also still see both Capers (Le Bar and Market) at PDX, along with Westward Whiskey. Are they not maintaining the website & app in a timely way, or are they just really inconsistent about what information is available in what mode?

Last edited by chrisl137; Oct 24, 2021 at 12:01 pm
Old Oct 26, 2021, 4:58 pm

Flew out of PDX yesterday and Capers Cafe was open and able to get anything off their shelf including the many local beer in can selection ($6).
When I flew last month, I also went to Capers market and they were A LOT stricter - you can't get anything other than what they make themselves (like sandwiches or the hot food items). I don't think the workers know exactly what the rules were because one person mentioned anything off the refrigerated case but when I did, the cashier said no. Anyways, I deemed it not worth going through security for the market anymore. I saw that Westward Whiskey is open, but didn't check about PP there since I was flying in the AM.
chrisl137 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 12:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chrisl137
Looks like Bambuza has dropped PP at the SEA N gates, too, so it's just the two The Club lounges in A and S.

Edit: if I log into the website I still see Bambuza at SEA, and I also still see both Capers (Le Bar and Market) at PDX, along with Westward Whiskey. Are they not maintaining the website & app in a timely way, or are they just really inconsistent about what information is available in what mode?
Was just through SEA on Nov 2nd. Used our pp at both bambuza and trail head BBQ. Got to go food at both places. I too was woried when i checked my pp app, it didn't show either place. Then I checked my wife's app, it showed on hers. Then it dawned on me, it can tell what type of pp you have, ie amex or chase. Amex pp doesn't allow restaurants, chase does.
chrisl137 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.