Search

PDX - Priority Pass lounges and restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
PDX - Priority Pass lounges and restaurants

My wife and I had a couple hrs to kill at PDX yesterday so dropped by Capers Cafe at PDX and had a great lunch and a couple glasses of wine. I thought we may have gone over our $56 allotment but the final bill ended up being $55.75!! A generous tip was left and we wandered over to the A gates for our flight. Thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant and good service.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:26 am

Capers is great benefit with the PP. I always stop by there and stock up on cheese and water before my flight. Their omelettes are pretty tasty as well.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Don't bother with the to-go brownies, they aren't as great as they look. Stick to the wine

Also, the AS lounge dragon last year did let us in on PP but scolded me for "outside food" so I had to explain my brownie was for the flight.
philemer likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
PDX - Priority Pass Lounges

Don't see a thread for this so starting a new one.

Have a flight in a week out of PDX for the first time and will have ~3-4 hours to kill before departure. I have the Amex platinum and flying Delta so I can go to the Skyclub, AS Lounge, Capers Market and also the distillery. Does the Distillery let you grab a bottle of Scotch for the road with the $28 credit? How does the AS Lounge compare to the Skyclub? It's been years since I've been in an AS lounge and I'm pretty familiar with Delta's offerings. Looking forward to going to what looks like one of the best airports in the country in terms of lounge access.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:59 am

I've spent time in all of these places. I've gotten to the airport early many times just to sit at House Spirits Distillery and enjoy a cocktail flight. But that's just me. I couldn't sit there for 4 hours, I wouldn't dream of getting to PDX that early, but we would drop in there any time we had 45 minutes to enjoy before takeoff.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Does Alaska still participate with priority pass at that location?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Alaska doesn't *truly* participate in Priority Pass at ANY location.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
They are still listed in the app. The only ones to leave PP are the Seattle lounges. Since I'm going to be there on a saturday night before a redeye I figure there might be a small chance at hitting up their lounge.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by hi55us
They are still listed in the app. The only ones to leave PP are the Seattle lounges. Since I'm going to be there on a saturday night before a redeye I figure there might be a small chance at hitting up their lounge.
My PP worked at the PDX BR during my last lap about six months ago.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
My PP worked at the PDX BR during my last lap about six months ago.
It worked for me as well.

Unfortunately the Distillery only allows you to use the $28 on a tasting, can't buy any of their bottles or other merch with the credit. Had success at the Capers Market, brought some nice goodies home. Boarding pass was not checked.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by hi55us
Don't see a thread for this so starting a new one.

Have a flight in a week out of PDX for the first time and will have ~3-4 hours to kill before departure. I have the Amex platinum and flying Delta so I can go to the Skyclub, AS Lounge, Capers Market and also the distillery. Does the Distillery let you grab a bottle of Scotch for the road with the $28 credit? How does the AS Lounge compare to the Skyclub? It's been years since I've been in an AS lounge and I'm pretty familiar with Delta's offerings. Looking forward to going to what looks like one of the best airports in the country in terms of lounge access.
Capers credit gets you a good meal. About 18 months ago, for $28x2 we had two pasta entrees, a glass of wine, a soda, and two brownies to go.
The distillery only allows credit towards a flight not merchandise and the stools aren't particularly comfortable but if it's quiet the employees like to talk about the selections.

As for Alaska, the Board Room isn't anything special so while I haven't been to the SkyClub to compare, I can't imagine it being worth the detour to try both even if they are accepting PP on your day. On my last visit I wasn't on DL so I couldn't try the SC.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:42 pm

Did anyone get asked for boarding pass? Do i need a departing flight? I am flying into PDX and out of SEA this weekend
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan, United Mileage Plus, Chase Rewards
It appears that Capers Market (on the D/E terminal side of PDX) is no longer accepting Priority Pass. I just visited the C side (Capers Cafe) last night, which seems to still be available on the Priority Pass website.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA PPro
They often have a sign out that says they are booked full-which really isn't true because I see seats all the time. I see the same thing at LAX all the time. The alaska lounges just to play out.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Hmm, I just used it a week ago at the market. My guest is that there were too many people using it for both the Capers Market and the Capers Cafe on the same visit.

Also, Capers rarely checks boarding passes so some people use the pass both coming and going....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.