Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PDX - Priority Pass lounges and restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2020, 10:19 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by philemer
Are there fewer tables at Capers b/c of social distancing? Anyone had to wait to be seated since March?
Anticipating a good breakfast on the way to Maui next month.
I left through PDX on 11/26 and Capers was closed due to the mandatory shutdown of restaurants. I had been there a week earlier and it was open... tables spread apart but we had no problem getting in. I've used this spot probably a dozen times over the last couple years and always found it to be great. So, I think if the Portland restaurants are allowed to open Capers should be.

I routinely see a lot of folks using PP and the staff are well aware of how it works. They usually even tell you how much your bill is so you can work up to the $27 if you want to. I love the veggie scramble on the breakfast menu. The pastas are good for lunch/dinner. Drinks are good as well. If you're in a rush or there aren't seats there is plenty of stuff to-go.

BTW.... sitting in Maui as I type this and it's super nice here.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mtofell

BTW.... sitting in Maui as I type this and it's super nice here.
Now that is harsh. Capers, or not, we hope to arrive early Jan. We've also used Caper's quite a few times. Always a good experience.

Have you, or anyone here, tried to access the Alaska Lounge with a PP card lately?
Old Dec 16, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: AS 75K
Have you, or anyone here, tried to access the Alaska Lounge with a PP card lately?
Haven't tried the PP at the Alaska Lounge at PDX. I didn't know it was back on the list until after the last time I came through. I have used them in LAS and JFK and it was overall a good experience both getting in and once inside.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mtofell
Haven't tried the PP at the Alaska Lounge at PDX. I didn't know it was back on the list until after the last time I came through. I have used them in LAS and JFK and it was overall a good experience both getting in and once inside.
I think the ones in SEA were the only ones that permanently left the program. Hopefully we can get breakfast at Capers and then a nap at the AS lounge. 2 hr+ layover.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

1/10/21 visit

Stopped at Capers today and b/c of Covid-19 regs it's carry away food only.

We were allowed into the Alaska Lounge with our PP card. It was at abt 25% capacity. Beer, wine, mixed drinks available. They'll cook you pancakes if you ask and bring you hot oatmeal too. Friendly crew. This was at 0630.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 9:38 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Could you consume food from at Capers in the Alaska Lounge?
Old Jan 11, 2021, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Could you consume food from at Capers in the Alaska Lounge?
We didn't but I don't think they would care. Some folks were eating things they had in their back pack.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does Capers Market in D work for PP via Amex? I am assuming that Westward Distillery and Capers Bar in C do not although PP is not exactly explicit in noting Amex cannot be used on its website.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 9:38 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I don't think AMEX is going to cover you. If you use the "Find a Lounge" feature on the AMEX website, it doesn't show any restaurants at either PDX, SEA or SFO, which seems to match their decision to eliminate restaurants. I've been to several PP restaurants that have signs out that AMEX Priority Pass is no longer welcome (my entry is via Chase Visa).
Old May 29, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: AA PPro
Alaska lounge at PDX is now out of the network

Last edited by tfizzle; May 30, 2021 at 12:58 pm Reason: typo
Old May 29, 2021, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tfizzle
Alaska lounge at PDX is not out of the network.

Then why the sign?
Old May 30, 2021, 5:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Alaska lounge at PDX is not out of the network
Then why the sign?
I think there is a typographical error, and that tfizzle intended to type "now" rather than "not".
Old May 30, 2021, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I think there is a typographical error, and that tfizzle intended to type "now" rather than "not".
Yes keystroke error now corrected. NOW out of network. Truth be told, I haven't been able to get into that lounge because of "crowding' issues and priority for alaska members for at least 2 years.
Old May 30, 2021, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes keystroke error now corrected. NOW out of network. Truth be told, I haven't been able to get into that lounge because of "crowding' issues and priority for alaska members for at least 2 years.
We used it in Jan. (post up thread) but happy with the offerings of Capers Cafe Le Bar.
Old May 31, 2021, 10:21 am

We used it in Jan. (post up thread) but happy with the offerings of Capers Cafe Le Bar.
Capers Cafe is the best by far, but here are some changes.
1. Can't purchase a bottle and drink half and take it with you- need to consume all of it or leave it.
2. Cafe now closes a 1pm, so no usage on afternoon flights.
3. Construction at the airport now prevents moving between terminals C and D, so no access to Capers Market in D.
philemer and mia like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.