Wiki Posts
Search

PDX - Priority Pass lounges and restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2020, 10:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
... Are there plans to build new restaurants (which I would have thought would be easier and faster to do with nobody around) as it's pretty sparse in there now, PP or not?
Read here: https://simpleflying.com/portland-new-gates/

The airport notes that there are additional businesses slated to open eventually. Their launches are dependent on “economic conditions.” These shops are:

Bambuza Vietnam Kitchen
Evergreens
Juliett
Starbucks
Stumptown
Tender Loving Empire
Old Jul 22, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Thanks mia . Some of those are open now, but I guess I was missing the variety they had in C (Mod Pizza, the whiskey bar, a couple of sandwich/burger places, ...).
Old Aug 5, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: DL PM
Reporting back on my two visits to Capers Market in late July and early August. The menu posted above was printed out and on the countertop by the coffee station. I asked how Priority Pass worked, and they checked to make sure I had a Chase pass, not Amex (I have both) and then explained that I could just grab each item on the list and bring it to the counter. I did that, and then they had to get my pass number to fill out a paper form (they apparently don't have the Priority Pass device yet) and get my signature. Didn't see anyone else using PP either morning I visited. My wife and I were able to split the breakfast burrito (which they warmed for us and was pretty good), muffin, hot coffee, smoothie, and fruit – it's a lot of food/drink. Substitutions were very much not allowed. Overall, good experience, but it seemed like the employees didn't love dealing with PP – I made a point of leaving a tip. With so much still closed at PDX, including the Delta SkyClub (which I'd also hoped to visit), the Market was a solid option.
mia likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 11:29 am
Formerly known as uclaboby

Programs: DL, AS, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Capers Market has been added back in.
Cardholders can use their lounge visit entitlement to receive 1 “Meal-kit” valued at US$28. Each “Meal-Kit” represents a single lounge visit within the Cardholder’s existing lounge visit allocation for which the Cardholder will, where applicable, be charged. E.g. Cardholders will receive 1 “Meal-Kit” and will be charged as 1 visit on their account. Only 1 card per visit per Cardholder will be accepted and at the point of registration. 2.Cardholders may not register Guests. 3.Redemption is only valid for the purchase of a “Meal-kit” and excludes bottle sales, merchandise, and menu items. To be eligible, Cardholders must present a valid Card and Boarding Pass with confirmed same-day travel before placing an order.

Anyone know what a "Meal-kit" is?
interesting. It keeps changing. In regards to #2, It now (8/16) says that guests are allowed, based on your individual PP allocation. I will try it tomorrow morning and confirm.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 7:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Lunch at Capers Cafe yesterday (just over $27 - added on two cookies to get past that amount):

tfizzle likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 2:10 pm

Went to Capers Market at 12:45 and they did not have the enchiladas or lasagna on their set menu. Didn't want a salad as my meal, so over to Capers Cafe. Their grill was down. Ended up with a roast beef sandwich, potato salad, chips and a muffin at $24. Would have preferred something hot, but not today.

Old Aug 25, 2020, 9:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
$24 only in an airport... but still valuable in this era when all the lounges aren't open and there's very little choices for food in airports.
TGarza likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 9:33 pm

Unexpected reroute from SFO to Orlando via PDX today (originally booked via SAN when the nonstop was removed). Had an hour on the ground at PDX and went back to Capers Cafe as it was the closest. Ordered the vodka marinara pasta with Italian sausage which was tasty. Not sure pita bread is the best accompaniment, though. Just over $27.

Old Aug 29, 2020, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tom911
Unexpected reroute from SFO to Orlando via PDX today (originally booked via SAN when the nonstop was removed). Had an hour on the ground at PDX and went back to Capers Cafe as it was the closest. Ordered the vodka marinara pasta with Italian sausage which was tasty. Not sure pita bread is the best accompaniment, though. Just over $27.
I've gotten the pasta there a few times in the past 8 months and it's normally been regular garlic bread. The pita is either a mistake or they might have run out of or not prepped regular garlic bread.
tom911 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 2:09 pm

zeBack at Capers Cafe - first visit with table service. Waitress recommended a special omlette with mushrooms, onion and bacon at $14.75. Had some black bottom cake for dessert. Tables on either side of me are couples using Priority Pass, too.

narvik likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by tom911
zeBack at Capers Cafe - first visit with table service. Waitress recommended a special omlette with mushrooms, onion and bacon at $14.75. Had some black bottom cake for dessert. Tables on either side of me are couples using Priority Pass, too.

Looks like a nice surprise in these awkward times. Will remember for next time in PDX.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 8:29 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by tfizzle
I actually don't buy a bottle of wine and take it away whole. If I'm with my wife we order the bottle, enjoy a glass or two and then cork it and take it with us as "hotel wine" for our trip.
Can this still be done with PP at PDX Capers?
Old Dec 5, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Can this still be done with PP at PDX Capers?
Sadly no, but I get it. They will let you order a bottle of wine, IF you finish it or most of it before you leave the restaurant.

I remember seeing a guy who was on a 2-3 day a week commuter between PDX and SEA. He said that he would order a bottle, ask for a really small glass, cork it and then be off. He said that he was getting 10 bottles a month this way. One thing for sure, is that I ALWAYS TIP my server regardless. Something the PP doesn't do automatically. The staff shows up at 4:30am and works long shifts and they are good people.
philemer and CO-PLAT like this.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Are there fewer tables at Capers b/c of social distancing? Anyone had to wait to be seated since March?
Anticipating a good breakfast on the way to Maui next month.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Has anyone been successful using the AL (Alaska Lounge) at PDX? Ever see "The Sign" out?

Last edited by philemer; Dec 16, 2020 at 8:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.