PDX - Priority Pass lounges and restaurants

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PDX - Priority Pass lounges and restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Rare
...could I now get, say, five bottles of juice?
This weekend I did exactly that on arrival. Was asked for flight number, didn't have to show boarding pass. Made a similar purchase on departure.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Visited Caper's at the B/C terminal today and it was good. I asked one of the employees about the timeline for closing/moving and they said it keeps getting pushed back. Probably going to be at least another year. They are supposed to move just down the C concourse to what is now "Kenny & Zukes". The employee wasn't sure if the move would be immediate or if there would be a closure and they would be laid off. Kind of crappy to leave your employees hanging like that but I suppose that's the world these days. Anyway, it's a solid Priority Pass option at PDX but has been closing pretty early lately (generally done around noon).
Old Jun 11, 2023, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Had hoped to revisit Westward Whiskey after a long while, but was disappointed to learn they weren't accepting PP since their "machine" was broken. No ETA on a fix.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 1:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist Caesars Wyndham Diamond, MGM Gold
Is Capers Cafe Le Bar (at Concourse C) open till 9 PM or 2 PM? Priority Pass site says 4:00 to 14:00, while their own site says it is open till 9 PM except Tuesdays (1 PM) but their menu looks like just a breakfast menu. I am assuming USB Altitude Reserve priority pass didn't get nuked for restaurants and will still be accepted?

Concourse D seems to have Capers market but they are giving Meal-Kit. So not really sure what to expect in the "kit". Their menu seems to be a bit better but I really doubt its up to date (burger at $10.50 at airpot?) and the Meal-Kit menu may be different?

Last edited by sowhatwegetdrunk; Sep 4, 2023 at 1:26 pm
Old Sep 4, 2023, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by sowhatwegetdrunk
Is Capers Cafe Le Bar (at Concourse C) open till 9 PM or 2 PM? Priority Pass site says 4:00 to 14:00, while their own site says it is open till 9 PM except Tuesdays (1 PM) but their menu looks like just a breakfast menu. I am assuming USB Altitude Reserve priority pass didn't get nuked for restaurants and will still be accepted?

Concourse D seems to have Capers market but they are giving Meal-Kit. So not really sure what to expect in the "kit". Their menu seems to be a bit better but I really doubt its up to date (burger at $10.50 at airpot?) and the Meal-Kit menu may be different?
I'm not sure of Capers Cafe et Le Bar's hours, but there are pictures on Yelp from earlier this year showing printed and hanging lunch menus.

The definition of a "meal kit" at Capers Market has changed. Now it's all grab-and-go and some commercially packaged items, plus bakery items. No more hot food. Someone posted a picture on Yelp of a sign listing exactly what you can and can't get with Priority Pass. I thought I had taken a picture of the sign myself but apparently I didn't; however, I saw the sign when I was there in June. They're flexible with how many items you can get as long as it's on the approved list, though it can depend on who checks you out; one time the person said we could only have two bottles of juice each, while other times nothing was said about such a limit.

This review on One Mile at a Time is out of date, written when you could use Priority Pass for anything sold there, but the pictures of the grab-and-go refrigerated case will give you an idea of what to expect.
sowhatwegetdrunk likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Capers Cafe has had sort of random hours since shortly after the start of the apocalypse. Once they started opening regularly, they were usually closed by 2, but they've been open at ~6-7pm and serving dinner the last several times I've been through over the last 2-3 months.. I'm not sure how much it varies by day - I usually fly out of PDX on tuedays or wednesdays after 5pm. I wouldn't count on them being open til 9 unless the airport is really busy - they seem to close up when it gets slow, even if the advertised hours are later.

It seems to be essentially the same menu as the before-times: vodka marinara, ravioli, charcuterie platter, wagy bacon cheeseburger, chantarelle bacon cheeseburger, BLT, gyro,patty melt, shrimp tacos, orechiette pasta, seared coho salmon. You can find a bad photo of it on Yelp, but I don't think I can link to it. It's labeled "Specials" at the top, subtitled "available after 12:30pm" You can get a meal, a soft drink, and a cookie within the PP limit plus a few dollars, plus tip.
sowhatwegetdrunk likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by chrisl137
It seems to be essentially the same menu as the before-times: vodka marinara, ravioli, charcuterie platter, wagy bacon cheeseburger, chantarelle bacon cheeseburger, BLT, gyro,patty melt, shrimp tacos, orechiette pasta, seared coho salmon. You can find a bad photo of it on Yelp, but I don't think I can link to it. It's labeled "Specials" at the top, subtitled "available after 12:30pm"
Yep, that's the photo I linked to above.
chrisl137 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 3:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist Caesars Wyndham Diamond, MGM Gold
Thanks guys. This is helpful!

Last edited by sowhatwegetdrunk; Sep 5, 2023 at 3:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.