Priority Pass benefit rapidly deteriorating

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass benefit rapidly deteriorating

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Boraxo
ok I’ll take the bait. Law school (and most state bars) have an ethics requirement. So do many business schools post Enron. That doesn’t make lawyers experts but perhaps makes us better educated on the subject.
Unfortunately, you took the wrong bait. This is not what I had talked about law school.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Deleted

Last edited by garykung; Apr 3, 2019 at 11:40 am Reason: Duplicate post
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Each lounge establishes its own guest policy.
And the policy can be whimsical. A partner lounge is not required to accept members when they can charge a day fee. And overcrowding is not the criterion.

Easy to see why PP decides to not directly answer emails. No documentation.

AFAIK, if a cardholder is unable to use any of 10 paid lounge visits, no recourse is provided.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
At Gatwick, generally the only way to get into the No.1 Lounge with PP is by paying £5 and prebooking...
Old May 28, 2019, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by garykung
I did not feel bad. You seriously think because someone said someone and then I would stop doing something?
Amex has just announced that restaurants are not included anymore for PP cardholders. I would not be surprised if we see this benefit disappear from Chase soon if people continue to abuse it.

Hope you enjoy the bed that you've made.
Old May 29, 2019, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Per VFTW:

American Express tells me “our lounge access benefits are intended to provide Card Members with a premium lounge spaces to relax and unwind in while traveling the globe” implying that access to restaurant credits it outside the intention of the program. Hopefully other banks will not follow the American Express lead to cut costs.
So yes - really "mature" blaming me for this...
Old May 29, 2019, 12:04 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I thought the practice being disparaged above was double-dipping in lounges.
Old May 29, 2019, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by percysmith
I thought the practice being disparaged above was double-dipping in lounges.
That does not seem to be a problem as no issuer has restricted the # you can visit in a day. It is the abuse of ordering takeout from multiple restaurants that is bankrupting the system.
Old May 29, 2019, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is the abuse of ordering takeout from multiple restaurants that is bankrupting the system.
Do you know why what you have said is a totally bull?

The news broke from Hong Kong where a notice was issued to local cardmembers. The problem is PP does not have any affiliated restaurant in HKG. While possible, it is very unlikely for a Hong Kong AMEX cardmember with PP can have enjoy the restaurant benefit. Hence, it is a corporate decision to restrict the benefit as a whole.

While it is your own rights to believe what you want to believe, literally there is nothing supportive in your belief. Hence, this is bull.
Old May 29, 2019, 12:44 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I noticed this on a blog earlier today that suggested the banks (credit card issuers?) are paying for the restaurant benefit and not Priority Pass. If that is the case, I can see why AMEX wants to terminate that part of the relationship.

Restaurants are getting $23 – $24 from Priority Pass for each $28 credit. And Priority Pass can easily become one third of an airport restaurant’s business. Where Priority Pass is provided by a credit card, these charges are being billed to the bank and Priority Pass makes its fees as well.
https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...aurant-credit/
Old May 29, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
The problem is PP does not have any affiliated restaurant in HKG.
I think PP has pretty much none affiliated restaurants in whole Asia. The only time I could use PP at the restaurant was in Osaka Kansai.
Old May 29, 2019, 8:14 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Do you know why what you have said is a totally bull?

The news broke from Hong Kong where a notice was issued to local cardmembers. The problem is PP does not have any affiliated restaurant in HKG. While possible, it is very unlikely for a Hong Kong AMEX cardmember with PP can have enjoy the restaurant benefit. Hence, it is a corporate decision to restrict the benefit as a whole.

While it is your own rights to believe what you want to believe, literally there is nothing supportive in your belief. Hence, this is bull.
Originally Posted by barracuda93
I think PP has pretty much none affiliated restaurants in whole Asia. The only time I could use PP at the restaurant was in Osaka Kansai.
Agree. Not even a very well known benefit in the HK thread https://forum.hongkongcard.com/forumSE/show/27012
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
PP InsURANCE COMPANY

Originally Posted by mia
I think not. Priority Pass is owned by an insurance company. Their core competence is modelling utilization rates and pricing to reflect it. If they are not charging enough to cover arrival redemptions they will adjust their rates or alter their rules.

We do not see the prices that they charge credit card issuers for sponsored memberships, but we do see their retail prices and guest fees, which increased slightly this year.

It's still early days for the restaurant options, and I would be more concerned about the restaurants that dropped out. I do not think it would have been because Priority Pass sent them too much business.
PP IS owned by Collinson International Limited in the UK.
Sad but there are several airport cities with minimal lounge/restaurant options and PP won't even consider feedback to upgrade.
EX: PHL - only Minute Suite that limits time to 1 hour and is only a couch with a TV with zero water or bathroom support...just awful mini-lounge.
SEA- only 2 The Club lounges.
PP refuses to address these cities withe 2 years of complaints going else where to add 'alternative lounges'. Nobody at PP cares about customer feedback on lounges so quality diminishes with no organized plan to upgrade in bad locations.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:17 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by euromannn
.... PP won't even consider feedback .....
How do you know what Priority Pass management will consider? The fact that they will not discuss it with a random cardholder is not evidence that there is no deliberation.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Has Zurich airport in Switzerland been totally removed from priority pass ?
I can't find a single lounge on the official website.
Last year there were at least 4 or 5.

However, it may be a browser/page loading issue on my laptop...can anyone check if they have the same probem ?

Last edited by est-gratuite; Aug 3, 2019 at 7:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.