Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass benefit rapidly deteriorating

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LegalTender
House Lounges are anything but marginal. They have full waiter service, premium wines and showers.

$20AUD = $13.71USD.

The number of lounges routinely rejecting PP altogether is infuriating, This is a rational offset.
The PP page says that shower is subject to additional payment and it remains to be seen how much PP + co-pay cardholders will be able to order of the drink/food menu.

The Escape Lounges in NA I believe introduced a PP discount on their own accord not part of an agreement with PP as afaik they don't swipe your card and US$30 is pretty high for a PP lounge co-pay .
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by tom911
The Priority Pass website only shows the one restaurant which I gather is no longer available to you due to the AMEX changes.
What are the changes for AMEX regarding PP?
AMEX web site for Platinum benefits does list PP but TPG summary does not and I thought I heard AMEX is canceling "alternative lounges"?

Last edited by euromannn; Sep 16, 2019 at 11:42 pm
Old Sep 17, 2019, 8:05 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by euromannn
What are the changes for AMEX regarding PP?
All is explained here, but the thread title gives you the essence:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...st-2019-a.html
Old Sep 18, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by mia
All is explained here, but the thread title gives you the essence:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...st-2019-a.html
PP concurs on the restaurant changes.
AMEX rep's still poorly trained and do not know part of this benefit has been taken away from PP membership on cards issued by AMEX.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 9:34 pm

I was turned away at the No. 1 Lounge LGW South Sat. Sep. 21 afternoon. The lounge seemed empty. I could not see inside but there were no other people entering or leaving the 10 minutes I was there. Only one other person came who had a PP card who
was also turned away. He asked if he could reserve and pay the 5 pounds. Answer by unfriendly counter person was reservations must be made 5 hours in advance. I did not mind because the wine bar upstairs had the best cabernet I have had since I left California for normal London wine by the glass price.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 12:46 pm

Priority Pass useless at SEATAC International Terminal

PP is effectively useless at Seatac S Terminal. The PP lounge, The Club has refused me three times and has a sign up that they don't accept PP during the normal hours that most of the international flights depart.
I don't waste my time stopping in there anymore.

I sent my comments to the feedback link on the PP app, and received a canned reply. I'll be giving feedback to CSR and may not bother to renew my card. My experience is that these refusals are much more typical at U.S. airports than international ones.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by jcmalcolm
PP is effectively useless at Seatac S Terminal. The PP lounge, The Club has refused me three times and has a sign up that they don't accept PP during the normal hours that most of the international flights depart. I don't waste my time stopping in there anymore.
"We apologize for the inconvenience..."

But not the understatement?

Old Oct 3, 2019, 11:14 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jcmalcolm

I sent my comments to the feedback link on the PP app, and received a canned reply. I'll be giving feedback to CSR and may not bother to renew my card. My experience is that these refusals are much more typical at U.S. airports than international ones.
My experience is that US airport lounges that accept PP generally suck.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
My experiences with Priority Pass lounges have been all over the place, both in the US and outside the US. Some of the nicest lounges I've found have been the Turkish Airlines lounge at IAD, Virgin Atlantic lounge also at IAD, and a lounge in SIN (I don't remember its name). I also visited a very nice lounge in FRA, although I've heard that there are also some poor lounges there.

The worst Priority Pass lounges I've been in were in CAI and BOM.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 4:30 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
For some of the PP lounges which I use at at IAD at ORD, they are no worse than the airline lounges which I can use at the same terminal. And so there are times when I do choose to use the PP to access lounges in the US instead of the lounges which I can use as a result of my airline loyalty program status.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I get PP through my CSR and for the handful of times a year I use the benefit it seems fine. Just got turned away at BOS terminal C. They had a waiting list a page long (and it did seem pretty crowded in there).

PP is only marginally useful for me, and this makes it less so. I wonder if I should keep the CSR...
Old Oct 8, 2019, 5:00 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I get PP through my CSR and for the handful of times a year I use the benefit it seems fine. Just got turned away at BOS terminal C. They had a waiting list a page long (and it did seem pretty crowded in there).

PP is only marginally useful for me, and this makes it less so. I wonder if I should keep the CSR...
Have you tried to use such incidents to see what kind of retention offer Chase may give you for keeping the CSR? I wouldn't expect much if anything from Chase over such an incident, but you know the saying now if not before: "nothing ventured, nothing gained".
Old Oct 9, 2019, 1:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Depends where. If you're talking about the lounges you can find at third tier airports like The Club at BUF, CHS or JAX where there otherwise won't be an airline lounge and in the rare case that there is (JAX SC) that lounge will be tiny and crappy then they're good. I also think The Club at CVG is quite nice.

However, at the larger airports I tend to agree with you.
Points Scrounger likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:07 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
So I'm at TLL right now as a UA*G flying SK TLL-ARN. The lone airport lounge here told me that this was not enough to admit me to the lounge (though the Star Alliance website says it should be but whatever).

Thankfully the lounge is also PP so I got in. Am actual benefit to having it right there.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 9:29 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GUWonder
For some of the PP lounges which I use at at IAD at ORD, they are no worse than the airline lounges which I can use at the same terminal. And so there are times when I do choose to use the PP to access lounges in the US instead of the lounges which I can use as a result of my airline loyalty program status.
That’s not exactly a compliment for PP!

(I’ve been to both ORD PP lounges, at T5; they are cases-in-point.) Have also been to them in LGA, DFW, and PHX. All rubbish.

However, can’t complain about the $26 at restaurants though, even if the food is overall mediocre.

Finally, ATL is always a zoo, but availed of a minute lounge for a nap.

On the somewhat flip side, at BKK, PP lounges might have showers, edible food, and space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.