Reload this Page >

Priority Pass benefit rapidly deteriorating

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass benefit rapidly deteriorating

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by euromannn
PP has poor quality lounge configuration in Philadelphia where ether lounge is Minute Suites which:
1. Provides ZERO free water
2. Provides NO bathrooms and makes lounge guest exit to airport concourse
3. Provide alcoholic drinks
4. Provides NO food or snacks
5. Limits suite access to one hour not the normal 3 hour used by majority lounges.

Ok, there is a problem ----- PP won't recognize this and make it a possible candidate for their "alternative lounges: aka restaurants that allow credit.
I agree that Minute Suites are poor 'lounge' options. I especially dislike the "If you go over 60 minutes, we're going to bill you for the extra time" policy - am I lounging or am I clock watching? Philly could use a restaurant option, like Chickie and Pete's.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Surprised PDX doesn't follow suit.
Maybe AS has a contract with Priority Pass and they have to phase it out by airport... Because the capacity controls have been in place for quite a while so I agree with others that it's only a matter of time.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Surprised PDX doesn't follow suit.
Originally Posted by tmiw
The others will likely follow soon, I think.
While I believe AS will eventually terminate the PP contract, the reality is PDX is not an airport that is large enough to make a concern. Also - the PP $25 thing actually help reducing AS lounge's demand.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Anybody counting on PP for domestic USA lounges is in the wrong lounge program, unless they have an easy-to-use PP lounge at their home airport. That will now exclude AS...
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:22 am

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Agreed. I've posted before that I think it's only a matter of time before Alaska just leaves the program entirely. In fairness to PP users I think they should have already have done so. The lack of transparency of when they will accept PP cards or deny them isn't fair to customers, and now after the SEA lounges leaving that only leaves PDX, LAX, JFK, and ANC. LAX nearly always has the sign out, and when I was in ANC a couple weeks ago they had the sign out there too. So it's like what's the point?
Originally Posted by Gig103
I agree that Minute Suites are poor 'lounge' options. I especially dislike the "If you go over 60 minutes, we're going to bill you for the extra time" policy - am I lounging or am I clock watching? Philly could use a restaurant option, like Chickie and Pete's.

PP is not cooperating to increase the 'alternative lounges" in cities where AS lounges deny access and the lousy Minute Suites in Philadelphia.

Best solution is write to Better Business Bureau (BBB) where PP is headquarter voicing complaints lack of service lounge options. PP is located in Plano, Texas. PP is insensitive to feedback and has LOST track of access to lounges and if if doesn't find your entry to have entered the lounge you complain about in their records it ignores corporate feedback.
PP should be trying to add more 'alternative lounge' restaurants but seems not interested to support the problems with access to AS & Minute Suites.
BBB- https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...-of-complaint/
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... PP is located in Plano, Texas. ...
While Priority Pass has an office in Texas they are owned by an insurance company located in the United Kingdom. In any event, the Texas office does not respond to BBB complaints:

Factors that affect the rating for Priority Pass, Inc. include:

Failure to respond to 6 complaints filed against business.

https://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-...no-tx-34000348
euromannn and muji like this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by mia
While Priority Pass has an office in Texas they are owned by an insurance company located in the United Kingdom. In any event, the Texas office does not respond to BBB complaints:

So what solution is there as PP office for 'US Complaints' BLOCK feedback?
PP pass is of marginal value at $400/yr annual fee and thus only worthwhile if with a bank card membership so the PP fee is waived.
"Alternative Lounge" seems like a nice idea but PP seems unable or unwilling to meet demand.
Sad part about PP is it won't admit when there are problems like with Minute Suites or even AS lounge rejection issues until now when it will be canceled.

Last edited by euromannn; Jul 23, 2018 at 9:55 am
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:31 am

So what solution is there as PP office for 'US Complaints' BLOCK feedback?
PP pass is of marginal value at $400/yr annual fee and thus only worthwhile if with a bank card membership so the PP fee is waived.
"Alternative Lounge" seems like a nice idea but PP seems unable or unwilling to meet demand.
Sad part about PP is it won't admit when there are problems like with Minute Suites or even AS lounge rejection issues until now when it will be canceled.
I agree completely that PP is only worth it as a credit card perk and would never recommend someone sign up for it outright - for the $400/yr membership rate you quote, a passenger in the USA is better off picking a UA / AA / DL club in the USA (based on their most frequent travel spots) if they want a more complete and consistent lounge network. Even better, if I was still based in Philly, I'd be all over that Cent lounge. You may want to do the same, the current offer is 60,000 MR with $5000 spend, and the credits offset almost the entire AF.

You also seem very agitated about the program - do you mind me asking if you paid for it, or if it's from your credit card?
IndyHoosier and strickerj like this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by Gig103
I agree completely that PP is only worth it as a credit card perk and would never recommend someone sign up for it outright - for the $400/yr membership rate you quote, a passenger in the USA is better off picking a UA / AA / DL club in the USA (based on their most frequent travel spots) if they want a more complete and consistent lounge network. Even better, if I was still based in Philly, I'd be all over that Cent lounge. You may want to do the same, the current offer is 60,000 MR with $5000 spend, and the credits offset almost the entire AF.

You also seem very agitated about the program - do you mind me asking if you paid for it, or if it's from your credit card?
As numerous FT posters always rebuttal when irritated by a comment is to scroll up as both questions were answered.
PS- I don't like Philadelphia airport either but AA is a disaster flying to EU now with limited routing and award seats.
So I'm stuck on AA for award travel for a few more years.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by mia

PP is not a professionally managed organization.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA P1K, MR Plat
The reasons I've heard at the desk for no PP access in several lounges (e.g. DFW, IAH, IAD) is no capacity due to int'l passengers qualifying for access through an airline having priority, so not sure that making CSR PP eligibility more exclusive ($10k spend) would help a lot.

On a separate and somewhat related note, the Lounge at DFW has temporarily relocated to D15. It's small, but for the first time in 15+ tries I got in during peak hours, so maybe more evidence that the PP demand isn't driving limited access to some lounges? The only other time I've got in to that lounge was at 7 AM on a Sunday morning.

Last edited by NickSATX; Jul 26, 2018 at 4:46 am Reason: Found answer to a question
Old Jul 28, 2018, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by mia
That may or may not mean anything. When we had a business, any complaints we got were a joke and we ignored them.
kennycrudup and jent like this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
PP is not cooperating to increase the 'alternative lounges" in cities where AS lounges deny access and the lousy Minute Suites in Philadelphia.

Best solution is write to Better Business Bureau (BBB) where PP is headquarter voicing complaints lack of service lounge options. PP is located in Plano, Texas. PP is insensitive to feedback and has LOST track of access to lounges and if if doesn't find your entry to have entered the lounge you complain about in their records it ignores corporate feedback.
PP should be trying to add more 'alternative lounge' restaurants but seems not interested to support the problems with access to AS & Minute Suites.
BBB- https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...-of-complaint/
Your complaints seem to be that PP doesn't provide enough options at some airports, but the lounges and alternatives are all listed on the web site and easily searchable. Why did you join PP if you didn't like the selection of lounges? As far as I know prior to adding Minute Suites there was no PP lounge in PHL. PP cannot force a lounge or restaurant to join its network. They are providing the service as described. Now that may happen to be not what you wish it would be but that's irrelevant. I can understand why they've stopped responding to your complaints.
amanuensis and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by wetrat0
..... Why did you join PP if you didn't like the selection of lounges? .....
In the USA, Priority Pass memberships are bundled with a credit card. The card issuer provides a single paragraph touting the benefit in glowing terms, but if you are not satisfied the card issuer sends you to Priority Pass.

This isn't unique to lounge access, it happens with a host of outsourced benefits. It won't change unless we hold the card issuer responsible.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:02 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mia
In the USA, Priority Pass memberships are bundled with a credit card. The card issuer provides a single paragraph touting the benefit in glowing terms, but if you are not satisfied the card issuer sends you to Priority Pass.

This isn't unique to lounge access, it happens with a host of outsourced benefits. It won't change unless we hold the card issuer responsible.
Card issuers won't do anything until they start losing money or have a competitor that has a better option at the same cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.