Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ Refund Communications - Positive

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2020, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Air NZ Refund Communications - Positive

US Department of Transport clarification

Air New Zealand wishes to provide some clarity regarding refunds in accordance with the US Department of Transport regulations for passengers impacted by cancelled flights to/from/within the USA.

US DoT regulations state that all passengers on cancelled flights are permitted a full refund of their airfare with no penalty. A credit can be offered in lieu of a refund if acceptable to the customer.

For customers
who request a refund, please offer them the option of holding the value of their ticket in credit & taking up the Airpoints offer outlined below.

However, if a refund is still the preferred option, please refund through the normal process, no authority is required.

Please continue to refer to
xxxxxxxx.co.nz for the most up to date Covid-19 flexibility policy outlining options for your customers.

Airpoints Dollars incentive when entitled to a refund
As an incentive for customers who are entitled to a refund to hold any Air New Zealand ticket (086 ticket stock) in credit rather than refund, the following Airpoints incentive can be offered to hold the total value of their ticket in credit.

Route

Airpoints Dollars, per person, per one way journey

Domestic

APD 15

Tasman including PER

APD 25

Islands including HNL, PPT and DPS

APD 25

All other international

APD 75

To take up this offer please contact xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx with your customers details including their Airpoints number. If your customer is not an Airpoints member, they are able to join free of charge

The Airpoints Dollar incentive will not be applied retrospectively. The incentive can however be offered for bookings already held in credit where a customer now wishes to obtain a refund.

Please note the above Airpoints offer is not applicable for existing or new group bookings. For any Groups enquires please contact Air New Zealand’s Group Sales team at . . . . .

Last edited by kiwicyclo; Apr 28, 2020 at 10:38 pm Reason: removed some identifiers
Old Apr 28, 2020, 10:57 pm

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Air Dollars interesting development. A3 Aegean has been offering no fees or fare difference plus bonus of 5000 miles to rebook for the past few weeks. I mentioned this to a NZ CSO supervisor last Friday when dealing with them over a flight???
Old Apr 28, 2020, 11:47 pm

So J to Europe roughly $10k take guaranteed money back or APD150, mmm keep my money or risk losing whole lot if NZ go under!
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by Rustydfa
So J to Europe roughly $10k take guaranteed money back or APD150, mmm keep my money or risk losing whole lot if NZ go under!
AirNZ won't go under, they will be bailed out otf required, too strategic to NZ Inc
Old Apr 29, 2020, 3:58 am

Have rung NZ again and talked to them about Covid-19 (Coronaviris) flexibility policy as the first post.. The result I am afraid is the same NZ2/NZ2 the policy does not apply but NZ6/NZ2. The policy to me seems straight forward to me so I just cannot for the life of me see what the issue is with them it is after all thier policy?
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:10 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by ClanJ
Have rung NZ again and talked to them about Covid-19 (Coronaviris) flexibility policy as the first post.. The result I am afraid is the same NZ2/NZ2 the policy does not apply but NZ6/NZ2. The policy to me seems straight forward to me so I just cannot for the life of me see what the issue is with them it is after all thier policy?
I assume you have read their full policy and understand it? If you haven't I suggest you do - it's posted on one of the other threads here but there are about 6-7 on the go at present all pretty much discussing the same issues.
​​​
Old Apr 29, 2020, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
I assume you have read their full policy and understand it? If you haven't I suggest you do - it's posted on one of the other threads here but there are about 6-7 on the go at present all pretty much discussing the same issues.
​​​
Yes have read right thru the policy. At the end of the day AIRNZ says NZ6/NZ2 combo qualifies for refund under DOT irrespective of ticket type.thus they will process refunds. They say the NZ2/NZ2 combo does not and last night the excuse given was the ticket was purchased outside the US. Also they cancelled the flight 6 months out not me, while not likely the flying landscape could have changed by then.

Can't be bothered with them anymore so have filed a DOT and will wait the outcome of that.
Beano likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Yes have read right thru the policy. At the end of the day AIRNZ says NZ6/NZ2 combo qualifies for refund under DOT irrespective of ticket type.thus they will process refunds. They say the NZ2/NZ2 combo does not and last night the excuse given was the ticket was purchased outside the US. Also they cancelled the flight 6 months out not me, while not likely the flying landscape could have changed by then.

Can't be bothered with them anymore so have filed a DOT and will wait the outcome of that.
ClanJ On the 'refunds' thread is a report by NZ_Flyer of NZ2/NZ2 being refunded as of today. I suggest you go read https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32335569-post318.html, and perhaps PM him/her for details.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
ClanJ On the 'refunds' thread is a report by NZ_Flyer of NZ2/NZ2 being refunded as of today. I suggest you go read https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32335569-post318.html, and perhaps PM him/her for details.
Thanks Thai-Flyer but NZ-Flyer is NZ6/NZ2 combo so no problem there as NZ has said will refund on the combo. I see on the refunds for suspended flights post no 317 by RaceKp they were given a refund for non-refundable PE on a NZ2/NZ2 combo???if this is fact then just not consistant.with what I have experience with NZ over 3 calls.

I have reluctantly submitted a DOT complaint. I say reluctantly cause if it goes wrong it may embolden NZ to again widen thier refusal to refund,, thus have a negative effect on many other custmers moving forward. I hope not..
Old Apr 29, 2020, 6:51 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Refusal to refund NZ2 akl to Lax to Lhr

Thanks Thai-Flyer but NZ-Flyer is NZ6/NZ2 combo so no problem there as NZ has said will refund on the combo. I see on the refunds for suspended flights post no 317 by RaceKp they were given a refund for non-refundable PE on a NZ2/NZ2 combo???if this is fact then just not consistant.with what I have experience with NZ over 3 calls.

I have reluctantly submitted a DOT complaint. I say reluctantly cause if it goes wrong it may embolden NZ to again widen thier refusal to refund,, thus have a negative effect on many other custmers moving forward. I hope not..
Same position as you
Refusal to refund even though Jessica Wilson https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/progr...ights-consumer
Personally confirmed it is refundable.
AIRNZ said Jessica does not make the rules .
So like you I have also reluctantly lodged a complaint.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:09 pm

I see on the refunds for suspended flights post no 317 by RaceKp they were given a refund for non-refundable PE on a NZ2/NZ2 combo???if this is fact then just not consistant.with what I have experience with NZ over 3 calls.
I can confirm a NZ2/NZ2 & NZ1/NZ1 economy fare + APD Upgrade & seat select was refunded on request for August travel, sounds like they had just struck gold and got very lucky for that one time
Old Apr 29, 2020, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by racekp
I can confirm a NZ2/NZ2 & NZ1/NZ1 economy fare + APD Upgrade & seat select was refunded on request for August travel, sounds like they had just struck gold and got very lucky for that one time
If on one PNR then maybe the NZ1/NZ1 comes into play as it leaves from LHR thus under EU Regs.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 8:31 pm

If on one PNR then maybe the NZ1/NZ1 comes into play as it leaves from LHR thus under EU Regs.
Same PNR and the EU regs would not apply to outgoing AKL-LHR, another friend has been trying on the same route and as far as they have got is NZ splitting the ticket and giving refund for LHR-AKL (for $150 fee) but only credit for the AKL-LHR, thats still a work in progress

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.