Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refunds for suspended flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2020, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by nzkarit
How I read the email was they were staggering the cancel of flights to reduce load on call centre.

Assuming in mean time just zeroed the availability.
That makes perfect sense
Old Mar 17, 2020, 2:54 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Here’s a good flow chart of the current refund guidelines. I’ve got travel to MEL over Easter. I’m hoping for a refund (which will probably only happen if Australia close the borders) but I’ll probably end up taking a credit

https://p-airnz.com/cms/assets/NZ-Ag...16MAR20_v1.pdf
brenrox and ottiehund like this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:01 am

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
I’ve just had Auckland Sydney return for the 28/4 cancelled. Was just a day trip. Only option is to fly at 9.00 am and back at 11.56 am.

That is productive !

Previously was 7am/7.10pm.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:53 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
I’ve just had Auckland Sydney return for the 28/4 cancelled. Was just a day trip. Only option is to fly at 9.00 am and back at 11.56 am.

That is productive !

And that's not even an option since I am fairly certain I had heard that Australia also has a 14 day quarantine now. With a 14 day quarantine there, and then one coming back, that is 28 days in isolation, people really need to be desperate to take the flight there/back, I can imagine most will be one way trips!
Old Mar 17, 2020, 4:16 am

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Interesting have booking Auckland to Perth 5 May then return Adelaide to Auckland 31 May all on one PNR. Direct options have now disappeared with only options via Melbourne or Sydney. Hope that this is not a game on AIRNZ part to avoid fare refunds on suspended flights. Guess just have to wait and see what happens
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by kiwicyclo

That is productive !

Have you been offered a refund
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:39 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by Skyler2718
Have you been offered a refund
Not as yet. It is still a fair way off in the big scheme of things happening now. Booked directly with them on line. I am sure I will be contacted in due course.
Skyler2718 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A NZ Gold Elite for over 20 years previously SQ PPS and UA 1K
Policy changed

Just heard this morning policy for cancelled flights now changed and refunds offered if requested rather than just credits.

Well done to them for doing the right thing and I’m sure it will go a long way towards rebuilding loyalty and confidence when the recovery starts.
racekp likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 6:49 pm

Also can now see there is an option for Request a Credit in manage my bookings (but only if managing via app and not on desktop)
gambda likes this.

Last edited by NZ_Flyer; Mar 18, 2020 at 7:04 pm
Old Mar 18, 2020, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi_FF
Just heard this morning policy for cancelled flights now changed and refunds offered if requested rather than just credits.

Well done to them for doing the right thing and I’m sure it will go a long way towards rebuilding loyalty and confidence when the recovery starts.
I think you might have got lucky. Policy has been updated on the website but states you can only get a refund for flights up to 31 March. 1 April onwards is free change or credit only.
freecia and Ged like this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:37 pm
Ged

Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
I think you might have got lucky. Policy has been updated on the website but states you can only get a refund for flights up to 31 March. 1 April onwards is free change or credit only.
Dang. Got excited for a minute and checked app. We flying June 20th for long weekend from the Church to Melbourne but not anymore since they canned them. Nothing in the app other than ' cancel booking' - with a subnote saying this booking can't be cancelled and to call the call-centre which we have held off doing given the crud they are under. Looks like it's a credit for us.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Ged
Dang. Got excited for a minute and checked app. We flying June 20th for long weekend from the Church to Melbourne but not anymore since they canned them. Nothing in the app other than ' cancel booking' - with a subnote saying this booking can't be cancelled and to call the call-centre which we have held off doing given the crud they are under. Looks like it's a credit for us.
but if they cancelled the flight how are we not entitled to a refund ? Doesn’t make sense
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:50 pm

Programs: NZ *G, AS 75K
but if they cancelled the flight how are we not entitled to a refund ? Doesn’t make sense
Surely that can't be legal? A company refusing to provide you the service requested, and also not giving your money back? Worse is the fare price may also be different when you rebook...
kiwicyclo likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by nzjay
Surely that can't be legal? A company refusing to provide you the service requested, and also not giving your money back? Worse is the fare price may also be different when you rebook...
My thoughts exactly
especially when it’s the company cancelling the flight
kiwicyclo likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:58 pm

Think in FAQ for TT if can do flights same day rebook or credit

LH ±1day rebook or credit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.