Refunds for suspended flights

Old Mar 18, 2020, 10:00 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,563
Is there somewhere on site where can view all the credit, amounts and expiry dates?

Or do we need to keep track of that ourselves?
nzkarit is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2020, 10:36 pm
  #32  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Auckland
Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Posts: 1,548
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Think in FAQ for TT if can do flights same day rebook or credit

LH ±1day rebook or credit
perhaps still potentially legally changeable if the contract is not fair and breaches consumer etc laws - but a legal eagle would have better comment than me

wasn't it previously fairly easy to get refunds for inconvenient schedule changes? Or am I thinking US airlines?
jeffrocowboy is offline  
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:03 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Programs: AirNZ *G, HHonors, Hertz Gold, OmniHotels Black card
Posts: 75
Just cancelled a flight over Easter to Melboure through the app. Cancel option under Manage booking.

They will hold the expenses as credit till March 4 2021.

Super easy rather than calling and waiting 60 minutes+ to talk to someone.
runtothehills is offline  
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:17 am
  #34  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South Island, New Zealand
Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Posts: 314
That sounds like a good functionality but same as a couple of others it isn't available for my flights "this booking is unable to be cancelled online, please call 0800 737000..." which we have not done knowing they will be dealing with punters with more pressing needs. I guess we will wait for the call.
ottiehund is offline  
Old Mar 19, 2020, 3:05 am
  #35  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Zealand
Programs: *A NZ Gold Elite for over 20 years previously SQ PPS and UA 1K
Posts: 281
Refund of cancelled flights

We arranged by email with the gold elite email address. The initial position was credit only so we politely pointed out that under the consumer guarantee act we were entitled to a refund as they had cancelled the flight for commercial reasons. They came back and agreed and said the policy had changed so may not have flowed through to an app update yet.

We were at all times polite reasonable non threatening and said we were sorry for the situation they were in. I think if you are happy with a credit fine. It didn’t work for us so we asked for a refund.

I think patience and politeness are key. In passing another hats off extending elite and other tiers another 12 month they are doing a great job in horrible circumstances.
freecia, ottiehund and Ged like this.
Kiwi_FF is offline  
Old Mar 19, 2020, 4:23 am
  #36  
Ged
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 61
Thx Kiwi FF. What dates were your flights/
Ged is offline  
Old Mar 19, 2020, 4:36 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Auckland
Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Posts: 1,548
Originally Posted by Ged
Thx Kiwi FF. What dates were your flights/
and destination
jeffrocowboy is offline  
Old Mar 19, 2020, 4:39 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Auckland
Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Posts: 1,548
Originally Posted by ottiehund
That sounds like a good functionality but same as a couple of others it isn't available for my flights "this booking is unable to be cancelled online, please call 0800 737000..." which we have not done knowing they will be dealing with punters with more pressing needs. I guess we will wait for the call.
that functionality for my April flight to Sydney has appeared, but not for my September flight

when are you flying
jeffrocowboy is offline  
Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:00 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South Island, New Zealand
Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Posts: 314
Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
that functionality for my April flight to Sydney has appeared, but not for my September flight

when are you flying
Long haul flights booked for April and May.
jeffrocowboy likes this.
ottiehund is offline  
Old Mar 19, 2020, 3:26 pm
  #40  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Zealand
Programs: *A NZ Gold Elite for over 20 years previously SQ PPS and UA 1K
Posts: 281
April 2020, AKL-NRT-AKL
jeffrocowboy likes this.
Kiwi_FF is offline  
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:15 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Coast NSW, Australia
Programs: UA and SQ; Hilton, Fairmont, Marriott, Rydges Priority
Posts: 286
Booked Sydney-Auckland - Kerikeri on 1/2 departing 29/3, return 3/4.
Obviously I didn’t want to get caught up in 14 day isolation situation each end, so have decided not to fly.
But only being offered a credit by Air NZ it seems.
A bit unfair I think.
And I have to call, can’t cancel via the app.
Maybe try at 3 am!
grapegrower is offline  
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:47 pm
  #42  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,563
Originally Posted by grapegrower
Booked Sydney-Auckland - Kerikeri on 1/2 departing 29/3, return 3/4.
Obviously I didn’t want to get caught up in 14 day isolation situation each end, so have decided not to fly.
But only being offered a credit by Air NZ it seems.
A bit unfair I think.
And I have to call, can’t cancel via the app.
Maybe try at 3 am!
Have the flights been cancelled by AirNZ?
Or do you just wish not to travel? If you don't wish to travel and the flights are not cancelled giving you a credit is what you get.
nzkarit is offline  
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:01 pm
  #43  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: bne
Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,296
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Have the flights been cancelled by AirNZ?
Or do you just wish not to travel? If you don't wish to travel and the flights are not cancelled giving you a credit is what you get.
​​​​​​I have two PE tickets Akl to Lhr (NZ2 and NZ1 all the way ) return with pending upgrades to BP. All during the school holiday in July.
i do wish to travel but I wanted to
1: fly that route as it's the quickest
2: most airpoints
3: most SP
4: use my RU upgrades (which would expire if returned)
5: uses the old price 480 airpoints per sector
I suspect if I am offered another route or a credit I would lose the above benefits
Would I be in my rights to ask for a full refund ?

Beano is offline  
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:13 pm
  #44  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Posts: 222
Have flights booked AKL to LHR for October. Route suspened til 30 June, never know may resume. After 30 June so guess normal cancelation rules apply. Will fly if it has started up by then.
ClanJ is offline  
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:14 pm
  #45  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MSP
Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Posts: 1,774
Originally Posted by Beano
​​​​​​I have two PE tickets Akl to Lhr (NZ2 and NZ1 all the way ) return with pending upgrades to BP. All during the school holiday in July.
i do wish to travel but I wanted to
1: fly that route as it's the quickest
2: most airpoints
3: most SP
4: use my RU upgrades (which would expire if returned)
5: uses the old price 480 airpoints per sector
I suspect if I am offered another route or a credit I would lose the above benefits
Would I be in my rights to ask for a full refund ?

I'm in the same boat so AKL-LHR in September booked in PE and upgrades confirmed to J. If they endorse me over to another airline in J I'll be super happy. But otherwise I'll just take a refund of the fare with the RU's and APD's returned and book something else closer to the time
NZ_Flyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.