Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Successful/unsuccessful oneup bids

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Originally Posted by hcrat
Hi there, I am travelling on NZ6 AKL to LAX in a few days and have done a oneup bid from Y to PE which is “awaiting confirmation”. We are travelling with a baby and have paid extra for the basinet seats in Y, if we get the upgrade accepted to PE I am assuming there is no guarantee they would kick out someone else who has already reserved those seats so that we can have the basinet? I would prefer to sit in economy over holding a 9kg baby in PE for 12 hours... so maybe I should withdrawal my oneup, any thoughts?
​​​​​​I would ring up Air NZ to see what your options are. But I agree they probably won't and economy is likely your best bet.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: United
Hi! I'm in a somewhat complicated situation and am trying to figure out whether using the OneUp system makes any sense at all. I'm flying with my new wife from AKL-SFO later this month, but because her trip was partially job-funded, we booked our flights separately. She's Star Alliance Gold through United, I'm Silver (if that impacts anything, which I don't think it does beyond giving her access to FF seats in economy?).

We'd like to bid through One-Up, but only if we can sit together in PE, so I'm leery of submitting an individual offer separately. We're planning to see if they'll allow us to manually sit together in one of the FF economy rows (she can access, I can't right now), but even assuming we do that, is submitting OneUp offers likely too risky if we value sitting together over sitting in PE? Or is there a way to submit a joint offer across two itineraries if we rope in the call center? Thank you for any guidance!
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
There is no guarantee at all with any form of upgrade that you'll be able to sit together.

With OneUp upgrades on two different PNRs there is also no way to guarantee you'll both get upgraded or declined - one may get an upgrade and the other may not.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: Air NZ Airpoints
Originally Posted by lagbort
NZ9 HNL-AKL
21 Sep 18
2 x Y -> PE
Offered $200 pp, no status
Successful, confirmed 7 hours out.
PE was 100% full

farrsight likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: AirNZ Gold, UAL, Delta, AA, SouthWest
NZ87 AKL-HKG
13 Sep 18
L -> Skycouch
Bid $450 with Silver Uplift and Koru (don't think Koru helps, though)
Confirmed 7 hours prior to flight

Flight wasn't full and had a smattering of open seats in the economy cabin. Looked like all skycouch rows were filled. I'll still take the skycouch over PE on a long haul flight any chance I can get and I think PE is now overpriced for the comfort value it offers on a longhaul flight. If I can nab a PE upgrade for a good price, great. However, I feel it has really lost it's value. That being said, I'm also relatively slim and 5'8" - if I was taller/wider I'd imagine I would have a different opinion.

NZ80 HKG-AKL
21 Sep 18
V -> PE
Bid $395 with Silver uplift and Koru (don't think Koru offers any effect)
Denied 3 days out

Flight was 100% full and didn't see an open seat anywhere
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:42 am

If you do a one up bid from PE to Business, and don't get it, do you keep you original seats in Premium Economy?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by wesport
If you do a one up bid from PE to Business, and don't get it, do you keep you original seats in Premium Economy?
Yes within the bounds of seat select is not a guaranteed. Your booking is only changed when it is successful.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
NZ10 AKL-HNL (using Eva 777 equipment)
17 Oct 18
PE -> Bus
Offered $210 "cash" 2 pax with my Gold Uplift
Accepted 9 hours out.
Skyline and Erasmus III like this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
NZ10 HNL-AKL (using Eva 777 equipment)
21 Oct 18
PE -> Bus
Offered $210 "cash" 2 pax with my Gold Uplift
Accepted 7 hours out.
Skyline likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:16 am

Please tell me the definitions of the following:

S2S
APD
RUR

Thank you,
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by alpenrose
Please tell me the definitions of the following:

S2S
APD
RUR

Thank you,
S2S - Seats to Suit - on NZ and short haul international runs, you can just book a seat (with no allowance for G flers) a seat plus a bag (plus the extra bag for G fliers), and on short haul international runs a meal etc. Naturally the payment required is higher for the higher services. FlyerTalk columns state that if booked on an overseas website with an international ticket, you are automatically placed in the higher group.

APD - Airport Dollars. You don't earn "miles" on the AirNZ airpoints scheme, but APDs which can be used to purchase seats on any flight. For some awards, such as companion tickets, you can only use APDs, not cash to use.

RUR - I think you mean Recognition Upgrades. A Silver member gets one each year, a Gold member two and an Elite (an AirNZ reward for Gold Plus members) have an additional short haul international RU to use. Otherwise any Upgrade isn't freely given on AirNZ even if seats are available, although they can be purchased in one or two ways.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:08 am

Flying SFO to AKL in PE. 10 seats left in BP. Minimum bid is $360. Leaves in a week. Any thoughts on a bid.

Flying AKL to SFO in PE. 19 seats left in BP. Minimum bid is $415. Leaves in a month. Any thoughts on a bid.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
"Flying SFO to AKL in PE. 10 seats left in BP. Minimum bid is $360. Leaves in a week. Any thoughts on a bid.

Flying AKL to SFO in PE. 19 seats left in BP. Minimum bid is $415. Leaves in a month. Any thoughts on a bid."

We bid $525 pp on 4 passengers from PE to BP in August on the SFO-AKL and were successful 9 hrs out, but no luck on the way back.If it is just you, you may strike lucky - well worth the upgrade to a lie flat bed and lounge access at SFO.
taupo likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Skyline
Bid $530 pp USD for the first leg. Tonight is 72 hrs out. Still 10 seats left. We will see what happens.

"Flying SFO to AKL in PE. 10 seats left in BP. Minimum bid is $360. Leaves in a week. Any thoughts on a bid.

Flying AKL to SFO in PE. 19 seats left in BP. Minimum bid is $415. Leaves in a month. Any thoughts on a bid."

We bid $525 pp on 4 passengers from PE to BP in August on the SFO-AKL and were successful 9 hrs out, but no luck on the way back.If it is just you, you may strike lucky - well worth the upgrade to a lie flat bed and lounge access at SFO.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:31 am

SFO-AKL Bid $530 pp USD. PE to BP
Three days out got a message unable to confirm at this time. Your request will be reviewed 7 to 9 hours out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.