Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Successful/unsuccessful oneup bids

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2024, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Very interesting, and a great outcome for you. OneUp bids (are supposed to) rank below all Recognition Upgrades, so assume they also all cleared.

How many empty seats in biz?
I would guess around 10. It was the leased Cathay 777.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 11:13 am

17/01/2024 NZ128 MEL-AKL
Tasman saver to BP $265 AUD no loyalty
accepted T-9hr coincided with text notifying 5hr delay - eventuated to near 7hr delay for departure next day. Departed with only 6 pax in BP all on side A. Only 1 pax in PE.

Benefit was lounge access for 7+ hrs in AirNZ lounge.

flying Mel-AKL-HKG J class in Dec, would like suggestions for Mel if SQ lounge is better?
Old Apr 7, 2024, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by aRcane305
17/01/2024 NZ128 MEL-AKL
Tasman saver to BP $265 AUD no loyalty
accepted T-9hr coincided with text notifying 5hr delay - eventuated to near 7hr delay for departure next day. Departed with only 6 pax in BP all on side A. Only 1 pax in PE.

Benefit was lounge access for 7+ hrs in AirNZ lounge.

flying Mel-AKL-HKG J class in Dec, would like suggestions for Mel if SQ lounge is better?
If the SQ lounge is open when your NZ flight leaves then I would go there in a heartbeat. Much better food and usually quieter. Beverage choice might be a bit limited though. Also I am never a fan of the ground floor location of the Air NZ lounge in MEL.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 7:13 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by akl_cat
If the SQ lounge is open when your NZ flight leaves then I would go there in a heartbeat. Much better food and usually quieter. Beverage choice might be a bit limited though. Also I am never a fan of the ground floor location of the Air NZ lounge in MEL.
I don't nesessarily agree in MEL. In SYD the SQ lounge is far superior, but in MEL that's not my experience in recent trips.

​​​​​​If you can access both though you do get the best of both worlds..
drajknox and akl_cat like this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
I don't nesessarily agree in MEL. In SYD the SQ lounge is far superior, but in MEL that's not my experience in recent trips.

​​​​​​If you can access both though you do get the best of both worlds..
Ah interesting. Granted I have not had the chance to visit the SQ one post-Covid. What has changed?
I had to endure the even worse QF biz lounge in my recent trips as most of my TT flights are now on QF.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by akl_cat
Ah interesting. Granted I have not had the chance to visit the SQ one post-Covid. What has changed?
I had to endure the even worse QF biz lounge in my recent trips as most of my TT flights are now on QF.
SQ MEL lounge Oct 2022.

akl_cat likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 8:47 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
I recall the overall ambience and seating in the SQ lounge in MEL felt dark, dense & tired. Find the NZ lounge better.
akl_cat likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 10:57 pm

Programs: NZ*G
NZ7 SFO-AKL
14 Apr 2024
PE > J
Bid NZ$805
Silver uplift
Accepted 5days prior to departure
flyer94 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 11:05 pm

Wrong thread, deleted.

Last edited by delfindo; Apr 15, 2024 at 10:29 pm Reason: wrong thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.