Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Originally Posted by typical
Kenyan business class regionally isn't spectacular. But easy to get 60 XPs for minimal money, especially out of Kigali - possible to get Kigali to Johannesburg (including on the 787) for under $500 return.

Or for a really ridiculous XP run... Not sure I'd want to spend 7 hours in the Entebbe lounge but

Just the waterfalls at Karibuni lounge - Entebbe airport are well worth a 3 to 4h visit imho
Great deals though - thanks for sharing.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:07 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
When considering these XP runs of ???-CDG-AMS-??? rtn or ???-AMS-CDG-??? rtn over a weekend for about £500 that gives about £5.5 per XP. But these weekend XP runs then have to include a hotel stay and base airport (LHR) weekend car parking. Which increases the £ per XP for a weekend.

What are the best (if any) XP runs that can be done in one day to avoid the hotel cost and lower car park fee? For me I guess it can only be LHR-AMS-CDG-AMS-LHR for 60 XP but not finding them.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Alitalia has a current 25% discount promotion for inner european flights.

Bookable until July 22 for flights between September 15 and December 15.

dicount code MOON25DE - most probably the same offers exist from other European countries.

MUC-FCO-MAD-FCO-MUC is available for 297€ in business class - 60 XP. bummer.
Helsinki is HEL and offvoice like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by siw
When considering these XP runs of ???-CDG-AMS-??? rtn or ???-AMS-CDG-??? rtn over a weekend for about £500 that gives about £5.5 per XP. But these weekend XP runs then have to include a hotel stay and base airport (LHR) weekend car parking. Which increases the £ per XP for a weekend.

What are the best (if any) XP runs that can be done in one day to avoid the hotel cost and lower car park fee? For me I guess it can only be LHR-AMS-CDG-AMS-LHR for 60 XP but not finding them.
That’s true, however most airports in Europe will offer “cheap” (relatively speaking) accommodation (usually at or around EUR 50). Once factored in, you can still get good deals even with an overnight stay.
You can also get lower than GBP 500 mileage run deals in J yielding 60 XP. Try to book > 30 days in advance, and you can get deals as low as EUR 380 (I’m doing for this price FRA-CDG-ZRH-CDG-FRA). Ex-LHR is notoriously expensive for Intra-Europe flight on Skyteam (I guess Eurostar may have something to do with it), but you can still get good deals at around GBP 380 to GVA or FRA through CDG. But you need to play around with dates a bit. If you want your itinerary, try perhaps to “nest” it onto 2 itineraries, but unlikely to find such prices.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
Alitalia has a current 25% discount promotion for inner european flights.

Bookable until July 22 for flights between September 15 and December 15.

dicount code MOON25DE - most probably the same offers exist from other European countries.

MUC-FCO-MAD-FCO-MUC is available for 297€ in business class - 60 XP. bummer.
Why a bummer? It's a pretty good deal and if I can work it into my schedule I will book it. The only thing is, I thought that MUC to MAD deal with Alitalia is only bookable via an OTA, like the BRU to VLC deal was. Obviously not, although I wonder if some OTAs will match the lower price.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: KL
Thanks for the tip, booked BRU-FCO-VLC for 239,55€ in October! From Brussels the code predictably is MOON25BE.
f0zzyNUE likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:55 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Helsinki is HEL
Thanks for the tip, booked BRU-FCO-VLC for 239,55€ in October! From Brussels the code predictably is MOON25BE.
even better. ^

There is also a 15% discount for most of the longhaul routes in eco, premium eco and business. but XP generation is not that cheap.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:11 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I had a whole bunch of AZ itineraries monitored for later this year, hoping the business class price would fall due to a promo from the regular ~450 to ~320 euro like it does every now and then.

However, with the start of this promo all monitored trips, economy and business, for different dates, showed this:

Seems they increased the prices with a certain percentage before giving out some coupons..

[Edit] Actually this seems to apply for all trips through LIN rather than FCO.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: FLYING BLUE
I'm planning a trip to New York and would like to use this trip to earn some extra XP/Miles.
Anybody has some advise, I'm leaving from BRU.

Seems that best option is BRU - AMS - JFK instead of BRU - JFK.
Would it be possible to add an extra leg in that trip?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by TimZapatero
I'm planning a trip to New York and would like to use this trip to earn some extra XP/Miles.
Anybody has some advise, I'm leaving from BRU.

Seems that best option is BRU - AMS - JFK instead of BRU - JFK.
Would it be possible to add an extra leg in that trip?
I think you will struggle to add a third sector (such as BRU-AMS-CDG-JFK) on that routing. Beware that adding an extra leg on the US side counts for far fewer XPs (as it is a domestic sector).

I have seen the KLM website suggest ZWE(Antwerp Central Station)-AMS-MAN-JFK (the latter as a KL codeshare on Virgin Atlantic) but for prices well above more direct routings, making it an uneconomical way of getting just 5 extra XPs.

and note that adding sectors per se doesn't affect the number of miles. The mileage earning is based solely on the price paid; the price paid doesn't react directly to the number of sectors added. This is different to the XP earning, where each individual sector is considered when determining the XPs awarded.
glennhaak likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am still unsure as to whether the train sector (ZWE-AMS) actually gets miles and XPs. There are also some KLM buses in Holland, from places like Arnhem and Nijmegen, aren't there, where I suspect you don't earn miles or XPs at all?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 5:19 am

Here is the website about it:
https://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/pla...cket/index.htm

Says nothing about earning XPs.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by Concerto
I am still unsure as to whether the train sector (ZWE-AMS) actually gets miles and XPs. There are also some KLM buses in Holland, from places like Arnhem and Nijmegen, aren't there, where I suspect you don't earn miles or XPs at all?
Originally Posted by criced
Here is the website about it:
https://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/pla...cket/index.htm

Says nothing about earning XPs.
The train sector does give XP, not sure about miles but definitely XP.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
If you have XP, you have miles, based on fare paid. As the train sector is obviously in connection with a flight, they will credit part of the miles for the train segment (the repartition key has never been clear to me, but we don’t really care as only the overall amount credited counts.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Really like the look of that bus, very sexy. Now, if that was a true flying bus...
It seems that you can be connected to most Dutch cities with the bus service, some jolly nice places among them too (e.g. Apeldoorn). Every time I visit the Netherlands I have a nice time and don't want to leave!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.