Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by TographerE
It shouldn't do. Internal flights are 2XP.

Possibly you could get 17 if you had a stop in CDG or LON.

Edit: You can go AMS > SFO with a layover in both CDG and LHR. 1028€ or so. that would equate to 34XP return
which is really bad earning...
Old Aug 25, 2019, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Another one, not so exciting because in Economy but worth mentioning anyway:

CGN/STR-LIN RT €79 with AZ

These are new destinations for Alitalia and the cheapest lead-in price is EUR79, yielding EUR7.90 per XP. Not bad, but apparently you can get it a lot cheaper by going through various OTAs in Germany. Hat tip to VFT.

ETA - These begin in the winter timetable, once Linate airport is open again.
Fabo.sk and speed.skater like this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Worth the extra time and money for Gold?

Hi there, I am an avid reader and follower of FT and love the helpful vibe! Could use some advice: am currently FB Silver and 63 XP from Gold needed before 30 Nov. I live in AMS and found flights in business via CDG to Bilbao for a weekend trip planned in Nov. for €430 vs. €209 Economy direct flights. I linked Accor account as well which I suppose will add 5XP after my next flight if I understand correctly, giving me 182XP. Do you much cleverer frequent flyers think this is worth the extra $$ and time? I do love flying so don’t mind the extra legs, especially if in Business (even if only EU BC). Also have never flown AF so that would be new. Thanks!!

EDIT: by the way am not interested in taking the train to DUS first for this one.

Last edited by Starchildflyer; Aug 25, 2019 at 5:15 am Reason: Forgot something
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Starchildflyer
Hi there, I am an avid reader and follower of FT and love the helpful vibe! Could use some advice: am currently FB Silver and 63 XP from Gold needed before 30 Nov. I live in AMS and found flights in business via CDG to Bilbao for a weekend trip planned in Nov. for €430 vs. €209 Economy direct flights. I linked Accor account as well which I suppose will add 5XP after my next flight if I understand correctly, giving me 182XP. Do you much cleverer frequent flyers think this is worth the extra $$ and time? I do love flying so don’t mind the extra legs, especially if in Business (even if only EU BC). Also have never flown AF so that would be new. Thanks!!

EDIT: by the way am not interested in taking the train to DUS first for this one.
Welcome! Yes, since you are planning the trip anyway I would go for it in business as you will become gold which has many advantages over silver.
Starchildflyer likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or you could have a go at the AMS-FCO-ATH one with Alitalia in the current 20% off sale until midnight tonight. Read somewhere (was it here?) that it came out at EUR374 or 385 for a round trip.

ETA - It was in post #552 above.
Starchildflyer and graves666 like this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to clarify, I have been looking from DUS and CGN and have been wondering why dates from November on are greyed out. Of course, I eventually realised that flights from these cities are only to LIN during winter and there are far fewer flights from LIN to destinations around Europe. I did find MAD (via LIN) for €372 though, which is pretty good and saves the trip over to BRU (and it saves an overnight or two; on my last trip from BRU to VLC I needed an overnight in BRU on the outbound and one in FCO on the inbound, which raised the cost somewhat).

Where can I find a list of Alitalia destinations from LIN? I do wish the airlines would make proper timetables, even if only to download.
I was also wondering about more "exotic" destinations, like BEG and TIA. Also, TFS (Tenerife South) seems to be no longer served by Alitalia. AGP (Malagá) seems to be tricky to get generally. Other destinations? NCE, maybe?
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:08 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
Where can I find a list of Alitalia destinations from LIN? I do wish the airlines would make proper timetables, even if only to download.
wikipedia is a good beginning , then you can check the departure boards of the LIN airport , then google also can help

Originally Posted by Concerto
I was also wondering about more "exotic" destinations, like BEG and TIA. Also, TFS (Tenerife South) seems to be no longer served by Alitalia. AGP (Malagá) seems to be tricky to get generally. Other destinations? NCE, maybe?
NCE is from/to FCO as far as i remember
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
​​​​​​Yes, but AMS-SFO is over 5000 miles and so 12XP, while AMS-SLC is under and so earns 10. Add 2 for the domestic connection.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by typical
​​​​​​Yes, but AMS-SFO is over 5000 miles and so 12XP, while AMS-SLC is under and so earns 10. Add 2 for the domestic connection.
Yes, you are right. I had assumed that the first segment enquired about to Detroit would have been Long 3.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

Possibly you could get 17 if you had a stop in CDG or LON.

Edit: You can go AMS > SFO with a layover in both CDG and LHR. 1028€ or so. that would equate to 34XP return
But via LHR, it is crucial to avoid VS-marketed flights in this strategy. VS-operated but AF/KL-marketed are OK.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Gold; IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by Goldorak

But via LHR, it is crucial to avoid VS-marketed flights in this strategy. VS-operated but AF/KL-marketed are OK.
Sorry a little off topic but may I ask, VS-operated but DL marketed, is this OK as well? Earns XPs and miles?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by PlnCzy
Sorry a little off topic but may I ask, VS-operated but DL marketed, is this OK as well? Earns XPs and miles?
No, it won’t work as VS is not in Skyteam. If you want to earn FB miles and XP flying VS metal, you need to be booked on AF or KL flight numbers (code share). This is the only way.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:23 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Gold; IHG Plat AMB
Thank you for saving me from making that mistake, Goldorak! I will look for an AF or KL codeshare!
Goldorak and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good to know about these little details. Makes this thread a useful reference place.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 11:55 am

XP on Alitalia

I would like to know if I book the following flight on Alitalia, I can earn XP + « few » flying blue miles:
https://www.google.fr/flights/?gl=fr...59*2.EUR.10459
Thanks for your answer per advance.

Last edited by Slc2012; Sep 20, 2019 at 12:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.