Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Are there any easy, and cheap, ways to get business flights from CDG into Europe earning 60xp? Everytime I look at the thread it's always from airports outside of France so I'm wondering if we screwed down here.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by TographerE
Are there any easy, and cheap, ways to get business flights from CDG into Europe earning 60xp? Everytime I look at the thread it's always from airports outside of France so I'm wondering if we screwed down here.
you can always fly via AMS - but KL business class fares are more expensive than AF ones. you can try to fly to destinations that AF has a code share on KL from AMS but does not fly there on own metal. There was one post a couple of days back that had a list of possible destinations for the 90XP run. from CDG it shoud be a 60XP run
Old Jul 21, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
you can always fly via AMS - but KL business class fares are more expensive than AF ones. you can try to fly to destinations that AF has a code share on KL from AMS but does not fly there on own metal. There was one post a couple of days back that had a list of possible destinations for the 90XP run. from CDG it shoud be a 60XP run
Have you got a link to the post?

I know what you mean on price. I had a look this evening and the prices are horrendous. I often fly to destinations via AMS to up my XP. I'm very used to running through Schipol to get to my connecting flights.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: FB Plat
If the only purpose of your trip is to earn XP, it is worth considering to position at an outstation where fares are really lower (and make possible layovers at both CDG and AMS). You may of course lose a bit of time, but money-wise it would be a good operation (especially when rail is a possible alternative to air for the positioning).

One can understand that fares will be more agressive from outstations (e.g. hubs of other legacies) where AF/KL are not the natural leaders and should actively attract new customers.
fifty_two likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Exclamation

Originally Posted by TographerE
you can start from BOD , MRS, NCE , LYS or EAP , there are airports with connections to cdg and ams , this will increase the probability of a stop in paris and amsterdam therefore reaching 6-xp wont be a problem

The only things you need to find are destination(s) and dates , i would suggest you to use google flights

simulation from BOD , a weekend within the next 6 months with a skyteam airlines in business class . Besides czech airlines you can choose any skyteam airlines
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: FB Plat
I did spy fares a bit:
- Intra Europe: flights from France will always be more expensive.
​​​​​​- Long-Haul: using Google Flights, some train stations will be cheaper departure "airports" than CDG, and you can easily skip the return train leg.

For example: Lyon has the LYS airport that also hosts a TGV and Ouigo station, so fast options to reach. Lyon also has the XYD train station. So you could book a LYS-AMS-XXX... and XXX-CDG-XYD return. For the CDG-XYD leg, just show up to the counter to get your train ticket, and go back home instead of traveling to Lyon.

There are other train stations that should work, in case they decide to raise prices to XYD. Just check "TGV Air" and see what would be available.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:35 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I booked myself a business class roundtrip with AZ, borderline half an hour before the promo were to expire. ATH-FCO-AMS AMS-FCO-ATH at 306 euro, or, 5.10 euro per XP.

Somehow all flights on this route going through LIN in winter season are about 50% more expensive than going through FCO. This didnt used to be the case. It also means that I had to book the return flight at quite inconvenient times of day through FCO - normally I go through LIN.

Does anybody have any experience about changing such ticket that has been paid for with a discount code? If the LIN flights do go back to their normal prices later on, do I have any chances to change my itinerary for the change fee..or would that recalculate everything and basically remove the coupon discount? How about after the first leg has been flown?

Also...what weird things are they doing with the discount? The fare was 408, I paid 306...but my receipt says that 102 euro (the discount) was paid for by another card (not mine):

In that way it does look like the full sum of 408 euro has been paid for, and maybe it will allow me to change to another flight with the same fare price for just the change fees..

Last edited by Xandrios; Jul 22, 2019 at 4:46 pm
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
A bit weird. In the end, I didn't book anything in the current Alitalia promo. I couldn't get my head around my planning so far in advance, because the summer (now) is downtime. So I thought I'd let it fly, this time, knowing that another promo will be along sooner or later. Also, I couldn't find anything that really worked. There were either horrible long layovers or overnights in most of my itineraries.

I wonder if the pricing from LIN has something to do with the fact that LIN airport is closed for quite a long time with most flights moved to MXP (and a few to BGY). I did book the recent Business class offer to Malta from Milan for €240, beginning at BGY and coming back to MXP (42XPs).
Old Jul 24, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Concerto
Why a bummer? It's a pretty good deal and if I can work it into my schedule I will book it. The only thing is, I thought that MUC to MAD deal with Alitalia is only bookable via an OTA, like the BRU to VLC deal was. Obviously not, although I wonder if some OTAs will match the lower price.
BRU-VLC was bookable via AZ web no problem for me. Although I couldn't force the later FCO-BRU flight with the coupon. Without coupon, it worked as multi-city BRU-FCO-VLC/VLC-FCO/FCO-BRU still priced at BRU-VLC r/t if the total connection in FCO stayed under 24 hours.

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I had a whole bunch of AZ itineraries monitored for later this year, hoping the business class price would fall due to a promo from the regular ~450 to ~320 euro like it does every now and then.

However, with the start of this promo all monitored trips, economy and business, for different dates, showed this:

Seems they increased the prices with a certain percentage before giving out some coupons..

[Edit] Actually this seems to apply for all trips through LIN rather than FCO.
I also think the price hike via MIL has to do with closure of LIN. I suppose, but not sure, that AZ flights will move to MXP. Alitalia still advertises Casa Alitalia at Malpensa, wonder what state it is in.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:41 am

MXP-SCL via FCO at roughly £ 1,250 (AZ, business, plenty of dates in August) is an absolute bargain and XP-rich as well needless to say...

G
offvoice and JournoFlyer like this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
There's an option for the return flight with 2 stops so more XP but it doesn't seem to price. Scarce availability in August from what I see.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:39 am

Quite a few dates as of August 9th, the price that the Alitalia website is quoting me in Euro is just less than € 1400 (again, not bad at all).

G
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:54 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I also think the price hike via MIL has to do with closure of LIN. I suppose, but not sure, that AZ flights will move to MXP. Alitalia still advertises Casa Alitalia at Malpensa, wonder what state it is in.
Thanks. Actually it seems they have now removed MIL-ATH from their schedule altogether for Winter season. It seems that they massively increased the price while they were debating to keep or cut the route? Turns out that they cut it and the route cannot be booked anymore now
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
MXP-SCL via FCO at roughly £ 1,250 (AZ, business, plenty of dates in August) is an absolute bargain and XP-rich as well needless to say...

G
I was thinking, though, it won't be that much in the way of XPs. For the domestic sector you will get 12XPs round trip. For the long flights I imagine you will top out with 30XPs round trip. I'd rather do one of the European Alitalia fares for around EUR300 to get 60XPs, rather than this long trip for 72XPs.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by Concerto
I was thinking, though, it won't be that much in the way of XPs. For the domestic sector you will get 12XPs round trip. For the long flights I imagine you will top out with 30XPs round trip. I'd rather do one of the European Alitalia fares for around EUR300 to get 60XPs, rather than this long trip for 72XPs.
Sure for XP run is not that much competitive
However, the experience will be much better with a long-haul flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.