Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Definitely interested in this, although I am having a flying quiet period at the moment, too much ground based work. I have on occasion been wondering about what would happen if you turn up in Israel with UAE and Oman stamps in your passport. Is that liable to be a problem? I presume the Israelis don't stamp your passport, so no problem going back to UAE and the like. Just not sure how all of this works in reality, but I know that Israel can be a bit of a problem.

Don't forget further up in this thread the Air France flight to Tbilisi, which is also just over 2,000 miles. I believe the best deal involved starting in STR, but that might have changed by now.

You guys might want to have a look at this thread too:

AZ/SU Sicily - SVO $300 OW / $500 RT
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Masterfrog
Not sure if it was posted before but flights towards Tel Aviv offer excellent value. CDG-TLV is just over 2000 miles so it's 24 XP per segment.
Hi Masterfrog, good find for the just over 2k segment. Can't get those cheap prices though. I only managed to find flights from around €900 (from UK), a bit less from Spain around (€700).
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: KLM. Elite Plus, SK Silver
How about this for a mileage run ?
Depending on routing, FB miles could be anything from 20 to 40 thousand,
If anyone are able to book it, please let me know how you did it... :-)

I've been researching this for a while, and it's almost a RTW fare, only thing missing is a flight from Japan/East Asia over to North America.
I'm sure cheap Y fares can be found there, a one way redemtion with FB ex HND-LAX is around 46 thousand miles.

From the US to Europe i have seen options with VS/DL and AF. Also direct from SFO/LAX/SEA/DTW/JFK to CDG/FCO etc. Routing with DL via DTW/YYZ and many others...
From for ex CDG, you could route via JED/RUH/DXB/BEY and a few others, as long as you finish in CAI at the end. Airlines ME, AF, RO,SV
Main problem is how to book it, links in ITA Matrix via DL dont work as before..

​​​​​​

Example from ITA Matrix.

Example 2

Problem is that the links via ITA Matrix/Powertools does not work to book this.
It used to work via Delta. Comes up on Priceline, but for 0 USD...

Same routing, via GF :
https://www.google.no/flights/?f=0&g...:none;t:f;tt:m

Or :
https://www.google.no/flights/?f=0&g...70*0.NOK.17070

For me to position for this from Norway to CAI would be quite expensive, but still tempted if this can be booked somewhere...

Eric,
B0gdan likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
How do you get from TYO to San Diego?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Apparently you can book this fare on Air France website
check Flight-report.com someone bought this ticket
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:07 pm

first mileage run of sorts.. first post about it

right now Silver Flying Blue... 62 XP

looking at two separate tickets

IEV - FCO in Business + FCO - YYZ in Premium Economy and back with Alitalia

YYZ - MEX - CUN in Business and back with Aeromexico

am i right that after all these i will have 62+15+20+15+20+24+6+24+6 = 192 XP and therefore will qualify for Gold?

thanks a lot and sorry for such an obvious question
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:26 am

Programs: KLM. Elite Plus, SK Silver
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
How do you get from TYO to San Diego?

With miles. Or a one way Y ticket.
Quick search via Google Flights and i found a direct SQ flight NRT-LAX for 368 EUR one way.

This fare is just another variation of this :
AZ: CAI - NRT €1099 RT Business Class

Difference is you can fly back from North America to CAI, via Europe/Middle East.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: FB Gold
Cool routing! Using your google links, I'm able to select travelstart as an OTA and the flights show up there as bookable for EGP 33'000 approximately (equivalent of ~ € 1700). I have no experience with this OTA though. If you're adventurous enough maybe give it a try and report back here
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by KL803
Cool routing! Using your google links, I'm able to select travelstart as an OTA and the flights show up there as bookable for EGP 33'000 approximately (equivalent of ~ € 1700). I have no experience with this OTA though. If you're adventurous enough maybe give it a try and report back here
They are OK unless something happens and you need to get in touch with them. BTW cool find. I am interested in taking Virgin across the pond but afraid if I would get XP and miles as FB Plat for flight op by Virgin?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by 747jetter
They are OK unless something happens and you need to get in touch with them. BTW cool find. I am interested in taking Virgin across the pond but afraid if I would get XP and miles as FB Plat for flight op by Virgin?
If the flight is AF coded, you will earn XP/miles.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This brings a whole new dimension to the concept of mileage runs. This system of collecting XPs brings it back to life, a true renaissance!
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:48 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by zik013
first mileage run of sorts.. first post about it
welcome

IEV - FCO in Business
ohh , i wasnt aware they are flying to IEV

am i right that after all these i will have 62+15+20+15+20+24+6+24+6 = 192 XP and therefore will qualify for Gold?
yes , if you are silver already , and if these flights are qualifying , you will reach for gold The deduction will be done few days after you reach 180xp , and will start your new ''year'' with 12xp left

Then you can either requalify for gold by earning 168xp or reach platinium with 288xp

if you dont reach any of these tresholds you will be downgraded to silver , if you take at least 1 qualifying flight during your ''gold year''

thanks a lot and sorry for such an obvious question
as i said be aware of flights which dont earn anything , it would be stupid to miss gold because of mistakes
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For the routing in post #438 is it possible to build a longer stopover in at Tokyo? I already have a one way ticket back to Europe from Japan and I am beginning to see an opportunity for using this. Use this offer to Japan for my upcoming trip this October. Then at a later date, make my way from Europe to San Diego on a separate trip and then continue on this offer back to CAI.

EDIT- Playing about with it, using the google flights link above, I couldn't get it to work with a stop in Amman. Seems to route back to Cairo straight through Beirut. Would like to make a stop in AMM if possible.

Last edited by Concerto; Apr 2, 2019 at 2:54 pm Reason: More info
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by fifty_two
welcome
ohh , i wasnt aware they are flying to IEV
yes , if you are silver already , and if these flights are qualifying , you will reach for gold The deduction will be done few days after you reach 180xp , and will start your new ''year'' with 12xp left
Then you can either requalify for gold by earning 168xp or reach platinium with 288xp
if you dont reach any of these tresholds you will be downgraded to silver , if you take at least 1 qualifying flight during your ''gold year''
as i said be aware of flights which dont earn anything , it would be stupid to miss gold because of mistakes
thanks for the answers...
i already bought the tix and in my fb profile it says i will earn the needed XP ... i ended up booking yyz - cun - bos flights which gave a little less XP but much more convenient for us. Unfortunately had the option of a direct CUN BOS flight, but would be 3XP short, so had to take with a stopover in JFK...
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: AF/FB Gold
Seeking XP

Good day,

I have been reading through this thread and I understand that mileage runs obviously vary a lot according to destinations/dates etc.
Is there somehow some general rule regarding maximizing XP runs?
  • Destinations: countries/continents/zones
  • Airlines
  • Stopovers?
  • Eco/E+/Biz/First (erm maybe not First for me)
  • Length of stay (probs include 1 Saturday night?)
  • Or any criteria I might have not thought about

Apologies in advance if this has previously been discussed, or if there is no general way to do XP runs.

All the best and happy flying/lounging,

NdG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.