Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:50 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum Premier, AF/KLM Platinum
Which dates did you have?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:50 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum Premier, AF/KLM Platinum
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Managed to get - via a shady OTA - a rtn BHX-AMS-BRU-JFK for £1250 wont be many miles but it's 120XP for the whole thing which is not bad at all. You can probably get a bit more xp/$ by flying all euro connection flights only (but then why would you!)

Also get to fly delta for the first time, although im not sure if thats something to look forward to or not. Looks like a 767 both ways.
Which dates are you flying? Great find!
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
October. I had been stalking Cheapflights regularly for a while now, so immediately jumped on it. I looked again now and as expected that fare is now gone, sorry...

You can go with TAP in Oct for a similar price, not FB, mind, but you can get on the brand spanking new 339 Neo.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:24 am

Guys, maybe you can find better flight combination than me so I try to ask. I will fly on the 26.4 from Vienna to Berlin and 28.4 back. is there any good Skyteam mileage run option? I just find stopover in AMS or CDG but prices are not good enough.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by romans
Guys, maybe you can find better flight combination than me so I try to ask. I will fly on the 26.4 from Vienna to Berlin and 28.4 back. is there any good Skyteam mileage run option? I just find stopover in AMS or CDG but prices are not good enough.
Nope. You're better off buying some cheap ticket maybe with EW or OS (or does FR still fly to SXF?) and find a cheap segment run from VIE or BUD to somewhere else than Germany.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Nope. You're better off buying some cheap ticket maybe with EW or OS (or does FR still fly to SXF?) and find a cheap segment run from VIE or BUD to somewhere else than Germany.
you're probably right, just wanted to catch something but it seems there is no good offer from VIE and that date. btw it's funny that easyjet is more expensive than Austrian )
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
FWIW, if anyone is thinking about combining European exploration with a segment run.

I've taken a quick look at what is on offer for Tarom domestic flights. Typical domestic connection runs about 35 EUR per segment, whether it's a return to/from OTP, or a connection via. These flights get 4 XP.
I've been able to combine with AMS-OTP in such a way to get for ex. slightly over 40XP for ~400EUR, meaning the earning rate is not great, and far below that of for ex. BRU-VLC J run.
However, a good way to explore Romania.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I haven't been able to find anything to get excited about with TAROM, but I would like to give them a try. In your example, you're getting 1XP for €10, which is still ok while admittedly not brilliant.

What about this deal over in the Premium Mileage Runs forum?

SKYTEAM TXL to JFK from €1,196
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
I'm sorry not to have seen that TXL deal sooner. It seems it could have been routed through some Skyteam hubs to maximize XPs but that option seems to be gone.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by B0gdan
I'm sorry not to have seen that TXL deal sooner. It seems it could have been routed through some Skyteam hubs to maximize XPs but that option seems to be gone.
This option was available 2 months ago not at the current time
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Thysk
Which dates did you have?
If you are interested the fare is back! £1290 for 120xp bhx-ams-txl-jfk still on delta. Available on google flights
Thysk likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hotels.com Silver,
It’s a great deal for the business flights, but is it still value for money mileage run in terms of the XP yield? I would value an intra Europe business flights from Amsterdam via Paris on business for 400euro more, that gets me 60xp each so for around the same price as that one business flight to NYC being able to get 180xp plus three weekend trips in Europe .

Especially given that you can fly economy to NYC for less that 400euro.. what am I missing ?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
I posted in the Premium fare thread this Mileage Run on UX from MXP to JFK in J that yields 90 XP (assuming you fly from MXP, slightly more if you buy a non-award ticket to go to MXP. Perhaps interesting if you want to do it over a week end.

Last edited by offvoice; Mar 19, 2019 at 5:03 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by DukeOfSilesia
It’s a great deal for the business flights, but is it still value for money mileage run in terms of the XP yield? I would value an intra Europe business flights from Amsterdam via Paris on business for 400euro more, that gets me 60xp each so for around the same price as that one business flight to NYC being able to get 180xp plus three weekend trips in Europe .

Especially given that you can fly economy to NYC for less that 400euro.. what am I missing ?
In terms of XP yield, it's decent. You get 1xp = £10.
But of course it's not the best. Exactly as you said Intra Euro connecting J flight is the best status grab, usually around 1.5xp for the same cash.

That said in terms of service, not that much benefit flying J in short haul unless you need to bring 60kg of luggage with you. I think that deal hits the sweet spot in terms of mileage + status run + also get a decent trip.

Flying economy to NY, sure. Cheapest i found for oct with FB is £450 rtn (classic, not light), that's 30 xp for the total so you can see the status is less good already. 10£ = 0.66xp, and with FB that will get you absolutely no miles (something around 1.5k total for your return flight) so it's cheap but not great for mileage purposes.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, IB, Miles and More, Delta
Not sure if it was posted before but flights towards Tel Aviv offer excellent value. CDG-TLV is just over 2000 miles so it's 24 XP per segment. The 2000 miles is really key to find the best deals.
You can find those fares all year long.
BCN-CDG-TLV-CDG-BCN can be bought for 441 euros in business giving 78 XP.
You can start from Madrid for the same price.
And obviously, you can skip the last leg for 15 less XP.

Let's say I do that return fare twice a year (less than 900 euros) + I have a French American Express Gold, I could renew the Gold status every year easily.
The miles you get are crap but it doesn't matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.