Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
BTW, Alitaila CAI-NRT is also a quite cheap route in business class. And the mileage output is even higher with 200% miles for business class on AZ.

or Alitalia LON-ICN in premium eco. LON-FCO will be in business - 150% mileage on AZ premium economy (plus cheap opportunities to upgrade into biz)
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
Shouldn't you get 104XP for that routing? - 24XP MXP-JED, 30XP JED-CGK, 30XP CGK-JED, 24XP JED-MXP

And the mileage should be for a platinum:
MXP-JED - 2382 flown miles x 1,5 (biz bonus) = 3573 + elite bonus 2382 = 5955 miles
JED-CGK - 4955 flown miles x 1,5 (biz bonus) = 7493 + elite bonus 4955 = 12448 miles
CGK-JED - 4955 flown miles x 1,5 (biz bonus) = 7493 + elite bonus 4955 = 12448 miles
JED-MXP - 2382 flown miles x 1,5 (biz bonus) = 3573 + elite bonus 2382 = 5955 miles

Total = 36806 miles.
It is indeed 104 XP for FCO/MXP-JED-CGK and return. Though if you open jaw to IST it is only 99 XP as the JED-IST is considered as medium haul and not "Long 1" by FB.
f0zzyNUE likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I'm trying to work out a strategy for the rest of the year, because if all goes well I will be 8XP short of Platinum by mid October. I don't want to hit Platinum too quickly, but ideally by the end of the year, as my Gold status goes up to the end of the year. I think with the antics I got up to earlier this year (30 segments for Gold before the end of March) that would mean that my requalification year would normally start on 1st of January. I figure if I cross the 300XP threshold sometime in December, following advice received here on this forum, my requalification year will still start on 1st January.

So what I would be looking for is a business class run on Alitalia, somewhere in Europe, or any other carrier that offers the most reasonable price possible in business. I could do the outbound before the end of the year, and the inbound sometime in January. Starting point is not too much of a worry, although I spend much of my time in Germany and Switzerland, and I recall reading that there were some good fares out of Germany (to MAD for example, but I couldn't find any evidence of them). Are there any updates on the good European business fares front?

Obviously, I don't need a business fare in reality (any trip to DUS on AF or KL with a transfer in CDG or AMS would yield the 8XPs necessary in the form of 10XPs), but a cheap business run would give me a head start on keeping Platinum next year, as the XPs will be carried over. Oh, and I haven't written about my adventures in Jeju, South Korea, yet ... which is all part of my Plat run (although I was very much there for work!!).
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:39 pm

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by Concerto
I'm trying to work out a strategy for the rest of the year, because if all goes well I will be 8XP short of Platinum by mid October. I don't want to hit Platinum too quickly, but ideally by the end of the year, as my Gold status goes up to the end of the year. I think with the antics I got up to earlier this year (30 segments for Gold before the end of March) that would mean that my requalification year would normally start on 1st of January. I figure if I cross the 300XP threshold sometime in December, following advice received here on this forum, my requalification year will still start on 1st January.

So what I would be looking for is a business class run on Alitalia, somewhere in Europe, or any other carrier that offers the most reasonable price possible in business. I could do the outbound before the end of the year, and the inbound sometime in January. Starting point is not too much of a worry, although I spend much of my time in Germany and Switzerland, and I recall reading that there were some good fares out of Germany (to MAD for example, but I couldn't find any evidence of them). Are there any updates on the good European business fares front?

Obviously, I don't need a business fare in reality (any trip to DUS on AF or KL with a transfer in CDG or AMS would yield the 8XPs necessary in the form of 10XPs), but a cheap business run would give me a head start on keeping Platinum next year, as the XPs will be carried over. Oh, and I haven't written about my adventures in Jeju, South Korea, yet ... which is all part of my Plat run (although I was very much there for work!!).
I'll be doing AMS-FCO-MLA and back on AZ next month which nets 60XP (in business) for ~€500. It's not the cheapest but nor is it horrible for 60XP. Plus the 200% miles is always nice. AMS-CDG-BCN turned out to be a bit cheaper but I only figured that one out too late.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade

I just returned from DUS-CDG-AMS-BLL and v.v. which nets 90XP for €500, I had to position from AMS, so added up to 100XP for €600, quite nice. Still wide open the coming months, well into the new year. Miles are better on AZ though.
B0gdan likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:45 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold

I just booked ATH-FCO-AMS AMS-LIN-ATH with Alitalia in business (Class I) for 320 euro (300 if you book through an OTA). If you transit through FCO twice it is an additional 10 euro cheaper. Note: This fare is valid for (end of) November/December. I'm not sure about January.

Personally I appreciate these AZ deals. I can use them for my regular flying so its not all 'wasted' as a mileage run. I actually use these for my commute. Of course, Alitalia business class is not great (far from it)...but it surely beats sitting in Economy. The price is about 150 euro more than the economy fare, earning 40XP extra...so < 4 euro per 'extra' XP in my case. If you only fly for the sake of earning XP's its about 5 euro per XP.

My only concern is..Alitalia's well being. Rumors have been doing the rounds about having to pay back loans at the end of the year. I'm not very up-to-date with Italy's politics, but chances are that -at some point- Alitalia will face issues. What is the concensus regarding (Credit card) travel insurance in such case? When Malev went bust I got everything back from Amex...but this is different. Alitalia is technically already bankrupt.

Last edited by Xandrios; Sep 17, 2018 at 2:20 am
Old Sep 17, 2018, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some good ideas above. I like the Greek itinerary, although it would take a bit more time to do it. I was hoping that MAD would be a good destination (for reasonable Business class fares) but it's still north of 400 Euros. When I started looking at leaving from FRA, instead of DUS, prices came down a bit. If we can find a couple of itineraries at a reasonable price, then it would be worth doing two or three of these.

A bit outside what I need just now, so not really relevant, but I believe that it is possible to find multi-segment Delta flights in domestic First, but it's hardly worth it as each segment would yield only 6XP (and First segments are clocked as Business class flights).

I too wonder what will become of Alitalia. If they were anywhere other than Italy I think they would have been snuffed out of existence a long time ago.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Originally Posted by glennhaak
I just returned from DUS-CDG-AMS-BLL and v.v. which nets 90XP for €500, I had to position from AMS, so added up to 100XP for €600, quite nice. Still wide open the coming months, well into the new year. Miles are better on AZ though.
How exactly did you get that? I tried to recreate a similar route from MUC with stopovers in CDG and AMS but it didn't yield anything. I'm getting Gold in a couple of months and want to try keeping it if it proves easy.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think when it starts hitting the 400-500 Euros range, you might as well start looking at some of the Saudia deals, which would in themselves yield a lot more XPs for less outlay overall. Are there any of those at the moment? And what about TAROM? I would expect them to have something interesting floating around.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:28 am

I'm actually flying to OTP every few months and TAROM has some of the most inflated J fares I've seen, not to mention the product is sub-par.

You do get very good Y deals (90-130 EUR) but that's only in/out of OTP. I guess these can be combined to go to some more far out places like Lebanon or Georgia but not on the same ticket.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Tit, Accor Plat
I think when it starts hitting the 400-500 Euros range, you might as well start looking at some of the Saudia deals, which would in themselves yield a lot more XPs for less outlay overall. Are there any of those at the moment?

Saudia still has plenty of options, including ROM-CGK-ROM for around GBP780 and 108XP, and IST to CGK, KUL, MNL etc for about GBP710 (slightly fewer XP but you could experience the new IST airport). You can also book open-jaws. I recently did MXP to CGK and KUL-MXP on Saudia, joining them up with KL's fifth freedom CGK-KUL earning an additional 15XP. I'm also in for another one over Christmas ex-ROM.
bodory likes this.

Last edited by Andrew_G; Sep 18, 2018 at 11:52 am
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by B0gdan
How exactly did you get that? I tried to recreate a similar route from MUC with stopovers in CDG and AMS but it didn't yield anything. I'm getting Gold in a couple of months and want to try keeping it if it proves easy.
What did you try as destination?

I've only seen those fares to destinations served by KL and not AF - otherwise it's unlikely to get the extra AMS stop in.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Solevita
What did you try as destination?

I've only seen those fares to destinations served by KL and not AF - otherwise it's unlikely to get the extra AMS stop in.
I just tried recreating the route our colleague @glennhaak here suggested with ITA Matrix. So MUC to BLL with stopovers in CDG and AMS, alliance Skyteam. But nothing comes up.

I managed to find something to SVG with 2 stopovers but around 600 EUR so not really a great price.

Last edited by B0gdan; Sep 18, 2018 at 2:04 pm Reason: Found something
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by B0gdan
I just tried recreating the route our colleague @glennhaak here suggested with ITA Matrix. So MUC to BLL with stopovers in CDG and AMS, alliance Skyteam. But nothing comes up.

I managed to find something to SVG with 2 stopovers but around 600 EUR so not really a great price.
You could also do AMS - KSC with stops in CDG and PRG https://goo.gl/flights/pecXZ

Or MUC - AAL with stops in CDG & AMS https://goo.gl/flights/hTkfq

MUC - TRD https://goo.gl/flights/uqvoh

Your suggestion to SVG is also a good find, even at €600 for 90XP.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:33 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Exclamation

Originally Posted by glennhaak
You could also do AMS - KSC with stops in CDG and PRG https://goo.gl/flights/pecXZ
beware of OK coded flights , most booking classes dont give any xp or miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.