Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Concerto
I didn't know this, which is probably very good news. Might push me back to a segment run in the future. But I hope that the interesting longhaul business class offers with other scaryteam airlines will continue to appear. Maybe something from Xiamen Air?
the china airlines premium economy / business class combination ticket is still bookable ex FRA - 1300€ for FRA-TPE in premium economy and TPE-SYD or AKL in business class.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 4:18 am

BTW, Garuda Indonesia offers CDG-AMS-CGK return in business class for 1400€ ...
Old Dec 5, 2015, 7:40 am

and for first class affectionados ... from spain there are a few la premiere offers

Beijing from 4.415 Euro
Dubai from 3.720 Euro
Hong Kong from 4.360 Euro
Johannesburg from 4.205 Euro
Miami from 4.985 Euro
Sao Paulo from 4.900 Euro
Shanghai from 4.380 Euro
Singapur from 4.270 Euro
Tokyo from 4.450 Euro
Washington from 4.998 Euro
Old Dec 5, 2015, 8:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
I didn't know this, which is probably very good news. Might push me back to a segment run in the future
I would recommend you to do it by segments if you fly more often in europe , i checked and there are some european routes which can bring miles like IST or TLV , but they are really more expensive when its from switzerland compare to germany , denmark , or poland

Last edited by fifty_two; Dec 5, 2015 at 8:48 am
Old Dec 5, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
speaking of business class ... air france has kind of cheap european business class tickets since a couple of months.

E.g. NUE-CDG-IST-CDG-NUE in business class will cost 565€ and earn 10.696 status miles (14.974 award miles as platinum).

these fares might be interesting when air france issues 80€ vouchers again
I noticed the lower J fares too, but I must have missed the memo on the 80 euro vouchers! Care to elaborate please?
Old Dec 6, 2015, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by fifty_two
I would recommend you to do it by segments if you fly more often in europe , i checked and there are some european routes which can bring miles like IST or TLV , but they are really more expensive when its from switzerland compare to germany , denmark , or poland
Yes, you are right. Much of my flying is ex-Germany in fact, and it seems that cheap segment runs are easy to find. I would rather have got there just by flying as little as possible and there is a Saudia 1st class fare ex-IST over in the Premium Fare Deals forum which looks potentially interesting. The trouble with it is that it transits a country which requires a visa (awkward if something goes wrong although the transfer times are horribly long) and the offer is not really available to where I want to go (plus you have to get yourself to IST to start).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-ow-first.html
Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:57 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
in early November AF/KLM removed YQ/YR from all of their european fares. YR/YQ is now calculated into the base fare. this finally makes multi-segment-flights cheaper.
This explains why I was seeing 'refunds' when you try to modify a booking - the taxes were being recalculated. Interesting.

In what way does this make multi-segment flights cheaper, I would assume airport taxes are still kept separate?
Old Dec 6, 2015, 12:14 pm

*Deleted
Old Dec 6, 2015, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
In what way does this make multi-segment flights cheaper, I would assume airport taxes are still kept separate?
the YQ/YR was segment based. the more segments, the more YQ/YQ was to be paid. IMHO it was 20-30 EUR per segment ... the additional transit airport taxes are not much.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 5:56 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

The trouble with it is that it transits a country which requires a visa (awkward if something goes wrong although the transfer times are horribly long) and the offer is not really available to where I want to go (plus you have to get yourself to IST to start).
I had the same idea , i wanted to make a step by istanbul and jeddah on my way to auh , it require max 5hours daytime transit in jed , which is still ok , but i cant imagine pax from cdg staying 11hours , blocked in JED/RUH , which are basically not designed for such long layovers.

You can try if you have a lot of time to kill , mxp-cdg-ist-jed-where you want to go.

And also i dont know if the amount of miles i can earn as a FB member will be the same as shown for afusan members
Old Dec 6, 2015, 6:07 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

speaking of business class ... air france has kind of cheap european business class tickets since a couple of months.

E.g. NUE-CDG-IST-CDG-NUE in business class will cost 565€ and earn 10.696 status miles (14.974 award miles as platinum).

these fares might be interesting when air france issues 80€ vouchers again
booked via kayak with a online travel agency can bring down the price to 542€.

I think about switching to qualifying via miles next year.
From a couple of european countries you have really nice fares to IST , and the farthest you are from CDG , better it is !

Another good offer in business class is ZYR-DXB with AF/KL , if you want to test the new products , but not for mileage run

It seems that AF/KL really wants to conquer german market against AB , EY and TK , so they offer good prices to dxb or ist for example

Last edited by fifty_two; Dec 6, 2015 at 6:25 pm
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:14 am

I had a business trip fall through, and now am just over 1000 miles short to maintain Gold. Anyone have any suggestions for a quick trip to earn those? I've been looking at UK destinations etc, but they only earn 25% and 4 trips will get too expensive.

I'm based near AMS but can also travel to Dusseldorf or Brussels.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by dutchgirlDH
I had a business trip fall through, and now am just over 1000 miles short to maintain Gold. Anyone have any suggestions for a quick trip to earn those? I've been looking at UK destinations etc, but they only earn 25% and 4 trips will get too expensive.

1) It does not have to be 25%. You have to make the booking by phone and check with them the cost of a ticket with 50, 75% abnd 100% earning.

2) you mean you can fly FROM DUS or BRU, not to, right?

Since you are looking for miles, check the destinations a bit further maybe (MAD, BCN, AGP, ARN etc).

You can have a look at nested tickets over a weekend or fly from AMS to CDG via LIN for example. Earnings in AZ are not bad.

Last edited by carnarvon; Dec 8, 2015 at 11:14 am
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
As carnarvon says, it does not have to be in a 25% earning class.

KLM.nl is currently advertising returns to London in Europe Business Class (how posh!!!! Not!!!) for €467*. This is cheaper than 4 Economy returns in your 25% earning cheapest class of €132* and will take up far less of your time.

*both figures as reported by the on-screen low fares calendar, without clicking through to verify and/or inspect dates and availability - see below for the €132 figure.

or if you want to be even more fancy, take Garuda's First Class to Gatwick on this coming Saturday, back on Monday, for €542. You can play with dates to see if cheaper biz/First fares pop out on dates that work for you but remember that GA doesn't fly AMS-LGW-AMS as frequently as they used to (and won't, anymore, beyond March 2016 if I remember the date correctly). Just verify that the class you will be booked into earns the sufficient number of miles for you before committing - some of these "promo" buckets may, given FB's noted generosity, earn you nothing!!!!
Old Dec 8, 2015, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by dutchgirlDH

what about alitalia AMS-Rome-Malta-Rome-AMS this weekend? costs 230€ and should earn 1234 miles (AZ european routes earn 50% mileage)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.