Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
BTW, since UX left Flying Blue, it seems that all revenue bucket classes earn miles and segments. (new mileage earning table from 1.12.2015) which means you could start cheap segment runs in spain ...
Well spotted!

About time, too. But rather cynical of Flying Blue. Only when UX decides to leave, does FB decide to reward all flight classes.

If they had shown such "generosity by nature" before, perhaps UX may not have felt the need to leave.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maxvor
Which kinda makes sense - it is not in the table of eligible earning fares on Alitalia page of FB partners.
True - but that's missing the point I was trying to make.

I guess F must be a relatively new AZ fare class, but here is another example of a fare class which is not one of the very cheapest - and which sits higher than other FB-earning classes - which earns nothing.

If you're going to have non-earning classes, make sure that they are the cheapest economy classes...don't spread them randomly throughout the full family, or rather, don't wait months after a partner changes their fare structure before changing the FB earning table to reflect the changes!
Old Dec 15, 2015, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
BTW, since UX left Flying Blue, it seems that all revenue bucket classes earn miles and segments. (new mileage earning table from 1.12.2015) which means you could start cheap segment runs in spain ...
Oh that's interesting, suddenly the whole segment thing becomes plausible again. Although I think someone should pay me to sit on UX planes, such a day of torture it would turn out to be! We need to make sure there's not something like the Air France MiNi fare nonsense, where no miles are earned (is this still the case, for I haven't flown AF for practically the whole time since MiNi was introduced?)
Old Dec 15, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
Oh that's interesting, suddenly the whole segment thing becomes plausible again.
Indeed - UX now becomes the most attractive airline in Europe for segment running as a result of this change, having previously been a non-starter given that is cheapest fares never earned FB miles previously.

AF has its mini/miles-free fares; Alitalia has some (illogical) exclusions - and there is always the "danger" that any domestic flights won't count so the segments may not rack up as planned; KL tends (at least from the Dutch market) not to be as cheap as other options.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by maxvor
Which kinda makes sense - it is not in the table of eligible earning fares on Alitalia page of FB partners.
Be also carefull with R - it only earns something on domestic Italian routes, otherwise 0. In general, always consult ITA for a booking class, or even better - book on KL/AF web-site if you don't mind paying extra 10-15 euros. Learned it the hard way on my own.
Yeah, you're right. I will do a flight between LIN and FCO with AZ in W class in may. I send an e-mail to FB to said the exactly same think and they gave me 1500 miles primes, it's not the same that segments and statuts but it's a good compensation i think, in fact i will just do the first flight.

If you can read French i can send to you their answer
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Be careful with Alitalia!

I recently travelled on what turned out to be an "F" fare, which on the Paris routes maps to a "Light" fare, but on all other European flights is a "Classic" fare that earns at the same level in MillieMiglia as O and L (minimum 350 miles per sector), i.e. above the lowest earning rates of R and G (minimum 250 miles).

However, in Flying Blue, F earns nothing! This, despite its "equivalents" O and L earning 50%, and even the lower G fare earns 50% in Flying Blue.
You can't earn on the routes LIN-ORY/CDG or FCO-CDG it's on the AZ rules, you only can earn miles on these routes in a classic fare
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
check the mileage run forum - CPH-AMS-LIS-PDL-LIS-AMS-CPH in business class from 150€ (!!!)

or CPH/ARN-AGP/ALG for 250€ in AF business class (wide open next year)
Old Dec 18, 2015, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's more like it! Of course, I am jammed with concerts, rehearsals etc. for the first half of next year, so I will have to sit it out and see if something comes up closer to Spring. It seems to be a good period for offers and deals.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AurelAF96
You can't earn on the routes LIN-ORY/CDG or FCO-CDG it's on the AZ rules, you only can earn miles on these routes in a classic fare
F earns nothing in FB on any route.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 11:59 pm

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by irishguy28
F earns nothing in FB on any route.
Only on Alitalia flights.
F is an economic booking class on AZ flights that earns miles in "Millemiglia" FF program.
Nothing to do with F first class on Flying Blue

Last edited by delanotre; Dec 20, 2015 at 12:09 am Reason: precision
Old Dec 20, 2015, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by delanotre
Only on Alitalia flights.
F is an economic booking class on AZ flights that earns miles in "Millemiglia" FF program.
Nothing to do with F first class on Flying Blue
Precisely what I said above!

But it is not just on Alitalia - also Aeroflot, Aerolineas Argentinas, etc
Old Feb 15, 2016, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You might want to take a look at these deals from Germany posted in the Mileage Runs forum, offering RT tickets from €45 to CDG:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...l#post26187212

Kayak forwards you onto fluege.de and my first fear was that there will be a huge CC fee, which is indeed the case with AMEX (pushes it up to €70, still a brilliant price). However, it would appear that if you pay with VISA there is no fee.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 4:45 am

BTW - AZ premium economy earns 150% FB miles ... so watch out for AZ premium economy offers - like MUC-FCO-NRT-FCO-MUC for 1100€
Old Feb 15, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
BTW - AZ premium economy earns 150% FB miles ... so watch out for AZ premium economy offers - like MUC-FCO-NRT-FCO-MUC for 1100€
I think that's pretty expensive to get to NRT. Even with 150% miles.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:04 am

I keep on watching cheapish AZ business class fares.

Just booked CAI-FCO-LAX-JFK-FCO-CAI for 1050€ - gains about 30.000 status miles - o.k. CAI is not the best airport to start a MR - but the Promo Award Europe-CAI in business class on the new AF 787 makes it much more sweet

One of the few real mileage runs I do (for the sake of status miles) - however I have one afternoon/evening in LAX and one day in NYC - no hotel needed on this extended weekend trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.