Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Just wondering if the 5th Freedom VIE-ZRH route operated by Korean Air could be useful in any way for our purposes. Any of you talented at constructing End On End which could extend the itinerary? I met somebody on VFT who managed to construct a huge extra itinerary around the LATAM operated 5th Freedom between FRA-MAD. Think it yielded him some amazing status level in Topbonus of Air Berlin, poor thing.

On the subject of 5th Freedoms, I think there are some interesting ones out of BKK if you happen to be out that way with low Business fares, for example BKK-HKG on KQ.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:43 pm

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Concerto
Just wondering if the 5th Freedom VIE-ZRH route operated by Korean Air could be useful in any way for our purposes.

When I try to book on the website of Korean it says “The same region cannot be selected as airports for departure and arrival”.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
I'm considering booking some flights on SkyTeam, mostly because they are cheaper and better for some routes I do on a semi-regular basis, but I'd also like to push to platinum, and to do so would require some additional XP, at least 100 as far as I know. I'd rather be on a long haul trip to get some XP in the comfort of a lie-flat bed, so I'm wondering, is there any way to get those XP on a long-haul business class flight for something like 10 euro per XP?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:22 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Keep watching the Premium Deals forum. Or Check out the SV J sales they have on the regular, usually from Italy.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Great_circle

When I try to book on the website of Korean it says “The same region cannot be selected as airports for departure and arrival”.
Maybe have to try it with Expedia or some other OTA. I’m having a similar issue with the Ethiopian 5th Freedom between Geneva and Milan ... or is it Rome? Can find any sign of that route anywhere.
Great_circle likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to feedback about my trip back from Jeju and I will try to keep it brief. Jeju is an amazing place, full of extinct but recognizable volcanoes and slightly reminiscent of Tenerife with beaches of black volcanic sand. There are a lot of natural sights to see and hiking possibilities, but when I was there it was a bit too hot to do much. The main old volcano in the center of the island constitutes the highest point in all of South Korea. There is also the longest lava-tube cave in the world and the only waterfall in Asia that plunges direct into the sea.

MU502R CJU-PVG - South Korea also gets hit by typhoons along with the rest of Asia and a typhoon over the sea by Shanghai messed flights up totally. I had a 5 hour wait at CJU with no SkyTeam lounge and China Eastern provided soft drinks and a small snack. Luckily I was with loads of friends from the music festival, so the wait went quickly. Oddly, I was rebooked on a flight with the above number (don’t know what the R means, could be Replacement) even though that number is usually used for the HKG-PVG flight.

MU8271(KL) PVG-AMS - My plans of making a quick TWOV visit to downtown Shanghai went out the window due to the previous delay. This KLM operated 787 flight was excellent with a superb, older cabin crew, one of my best Economy class flights ever. I was in Economy Comfort, but economy is economy and gets the same service all over. I thought the food service was excellent, way above usual Economy class, and the IFE was the best quality I’ve seen away from Emirates.

MU8281(WA) AMS-DUS - It was strange doing this short KLM cityhopper flight up the Rhine to Düsseldorf, but it was perfectly pleasant and punctual. Catering has improved also on these short hops.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
On the subject of 5th Freedoms, I think there are some interesting ones out of BKK if you happen to be out that way with low Business fares, for example BKK-HKG on KQ.
Kenya Airways discontinued the HKG service end of October 2017. That's pity because fares from JNB were dirt cheap!
Old Oct 2, 2018, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So how many XPs will a Saudia trip in Business class from Rome get? There have been quite a few good fares from Rome to Indonesia in the past, so I wanted to compare that to my recent experiences. Here’s what I got in Saudia Economy on a recent trip:

CDG-JED - 8 XPs
JED-DXB - 5 XPs
DXB-RUH - 5 XPs
RUH-CDG - 8 XPs

So it seems flights from Europe to Riyadh or Jeddah would not be so lucrative for XPs. These destinations are probably medium long haul.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
So it seems flights from Europe to Riyadh or Jeddah would not be so lucrative for XPs. These destinations are probably medium long haul.
No, they are "short" long-hauls (also called "Long haul 1").
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess that’s what I meant, just wasn’t sure! But it does mean that those Saudia deals are a bit less lucrative than I thought, doesn’t it?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: Many
So how many XPs will a Saudia trip in Business class from Rome get? There have been quite a few good fares from Rome to Indonesia in the past, so I wanted to compare that to my recent experiences. Here’s what I got in Saudia Economy on a recent trip:

CDG-JED - 8 XPs
JED-DXB - 5 XPs
DXB-RUH - 5 XPs
RUH-CDG - 8 XPs

I have done FCO-JED-CGK several times in J with Saudia. A one-way nets 24 + 30 = 54 XP.

Unfortunately the fare is not as cheap as it used to be (the last one I flew in August was paid 409 EUR...)
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:53 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum

CDG-JED - 8 XPs
JED-DXB - 5 XPs
DXB-RUH - 5 XPs
RUH-CDG - 8 XPs

Just go to the Flying Programme website, enter the route (including the via city) and compare the Flight Type(s) and Cabin with the XP Table. It would be nice if the distance in miles was also output by the Flight Type Simulator so we can then calculate how many Miles will also be earnt. FB know the the distance(s) as it determines the Flight Type, i.e. Medium, Long 1 etc.

Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting post, thanks very much. The miles and XPs for all of my Saudia flight sectors turned up, so that seems to be a glitch in the system. Saudia award tickets on own metal book into M, which earns 75% in FB. Shame I don’t have any more Alfursan miles left! :-)
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am just wondering if I can book an upcoming itinerary to Russia (MOW) with a transit in both CDG and AMS. That would yield 90XPs and if I could get it around the 500 euro mark then it could be a good deal for XP earnings. The ideal starting points will be Switzerland or Italy, so I’ll have a fiddle around and report back. I’ve managed this sort of thing on business tickets in the past, once when there was a good fare to China and I used it to get to Hong Kong.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am just wondering if I can book an upcoming itinerary to Russia (MOW) with a transit in both CDG and AMS. That would yield 90XPs and if I could get it around the 500 euro mark then it could be a good deal for XP earnings. The ideal starting points will be Switzerland or Italy, so I’ll have a fiddle around and report back. I’ve managed this sort of thing on business tickets in the past, once when there was a good fare to China and I used it to get to Hong Kong.
Many AF intra-European business class fares from BSL allow routing through AMS (BSL-AMS-CDG-xxx), presumably because there is no business class on BSL-CDG. OTOH, although intra-European O class fares theoretically allow that routing, in practice married segment logic often kicks in to zero out O class availability with those routings even when the separate segments have it. By contrast, Z class fares usually work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.