Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
If you scroll up you'll see there are some deals to be had for 4-5 EUR per XP. £8.50 / XP is pretty high IMO if you're just doing status runs.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by siw
This is just to get a general consensus from the FT FB community as there's many mileage runs talk about cents per mile.

What is generally considered to be a good £ per XP, or any other currency? The lowest I have from my flights so far was about £8.50 / XP but mostly I am getting about £20 / XP from my tickets. I also keep a check on my £ / Miles but that is not strictly a consistent comparison across my flights due to the two earning methods; AFKL revenue and other ST distance based.
I consider 10 EUR per XP decent, about 8 is commonly doable but requires some sacrifice (long connections, impractical routing etc). You can get as low as 5 EUR per XP within Europe with careful planning.. I don't know about long-hauls.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:40 am

Back when the program was starting, there was talk about 4XP from TAROM on Domestic, but the talk sort of fizzled out without confirmation.

Well I was sent to KQ partner page from a neighbouring thread, and that prompted me to check for RO as well, and:

On Domestic flights within Romania, your XP are doubled.
and
On Domestic flights within Kenya, your XP are doubled.
That would mean 4XP per domestic leg.

Especially in Romania, that could end up in some interesting XP runs. Domestic connections can be commonly had at about 100 EUR for 4 segments, leaving with about 6 EUR per XP, a decent value. Of course there is the price of getting there, but that's not that bad either. For example from AMS I could go to OTP for about 160 EUR (only 10XP), to CLJ via OTP for about 180EUR (18XP, decent return) or take business class via CDG for 450 EUR (60XP so good value per XP)

Last summer I took a segment run trip around Poland for FTL, maybe next summer it's time to give Romania a chance.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:52 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Solevita
From skyscanner.de: 4.9 EUR / XP

Thanks for the recommendations, I can see similar prices for various nordic airports (Aalborg, Stavanger and Linkoping for my dates) and from the UK. I just booked a 90 XP run for £500 (I have very specific time/date requirements bringing the cost of the ticket up, but I also have a £200 Amex voucher that would not have been used, so net cost to me is £300). Decent value from my home airport, with one night away and to requalify for gold after a year of not much flying (I have 90XP that would go to waste if I don't do this trip).
f0zzyNUE, RabbitIYH and KLBGO like this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue & IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz & Avis President's etc.
If you're based in France, and assuming you already own an Amex card, you have another option: to enroll for a "Carte d'abonnement combinée" which cost 419€/year (need to be patronized: contact me in PM, otherwise it will cost you 569€).
The card gives you 40 XP and 10 000 Miles almost instantly. Another benefit is that from the date of subscription, all you domestic flights get 2XP extra.
No need to travel then

https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/local..._airfrance.htm
RabbitIYH likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by glennhaak
If you are able to position to BRU you can have 60XP for around €300 https://goo.gl/flights/rpNgt You'll have a night in VLC and a night in FCO

It doesn't price up on AZ website, but findable through OTA
I am trying to make this work in February next year. Oddly, the routing and price shows in your link given above. But the Alitalia website won't give Alicante as a destination. It doesn't recognize the ALC code, and if you write Alicante then it defaults to Nantes for some reason. Similarly, expedia won't show it, but gives options with Iberia for EUR533 instead. Maybe Alitalia have pulled the plug on this flight sometime in the new year.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
I am trying to make this work in February next year. Oddly, the routing and price shows in your link given above. But the Alitalia website won't give Alicante as a destination. It doesn't recognize the ALC code, and if you write Alicante then it defaults to Nantes for some reason. Similarly, expedia won't show it, but gives options with Iberia for EUR533 instead. Maybe Alitalia have pulled the plug on this flight sometime in the new year.
Probably because it's Valencia, not Alicante
glennhaak likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Probably because it's Valencia, not Alicante
Exactly this Concerto
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Whoops! Really sorry about that, I don’t know how I managed to mix Valencia and Alicante up. But I even manage to mix January and July up sometimes!
glennhaak likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually managed to book BRU-FCO-VLC and vv for EUR301 in Business. If I'd booked it a few days ago, I'd have got it for EUR294. Great price!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
Actually managed to book BRU-FCO-VLC and vv for EUR301 in Business. If I'd booked it a few days ago, I'd have got it for EUR294. Great price!
Sounds pretty good, as well as I remember AZ C is quite alright.

I might go in your footsteps, as it seems the 90XP/500EUR connection I was counting on is gone.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Sounds pretty good, as well as I remember AZ C is quite alright.

I might go in your footsteps, as it seems the 90XP/500EUR connection I was counting on is gone.
Are you talking about BLL or VNO?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by glennhaak
Are you talking about BLL or VNO?
AMS-KSC via CDG and PRG.

Considering I need to get there anyway, I was counting on getting the 90XP instead of paltry 20 in Y via PRG only (if not nothing at all with OK). Combined with my upcoming VIE flight where I took the step to take C as well, I'd have been at 179 end April.

Now I'd better look at other options.
This doesn't seem all that sustainable long-term for me right now... I really need to get into another project.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:15 pm

AMS-KSC via CDG and PRG.

Considering I need to get there anyway, I was counting on getting the 90XP instead of paltry 20 in Y via PRG only (if not nothing at all with OK). Combined with my upcoming VIE flight where I took the step to take C as well, I'd have been at 179 end April.

Now I'd better look at other options.
This doesn't seem all that sustainable long-term for me right now... I really need to get into another project.
DUS-CDG-AMS-BLL can be had for around €400 for 90XP and AMS-CDG-RIX-VNO for €540 for 90XP if you're looking for alternatives
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seriously?? Both those would suit me, especially DUS as I am based not far from there for part of the year. Is that BLL route bookable on the AF/KL site, or only over an OTA? I have, on other routings (such as MOW), found it difficult if not impossible to build CDG-AMS in the itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.